Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK 2 @ zone?

Page: 1 of 1
 PrINcE[OuTLaW]
06-06-2001, 8:43 PM
Anyone know if JK 2 will come to zone like JK 1? and is there a online petition to make it come to zone? cuz i know that there are always at least 200 peeps playin JK 1 which has been out for nearly 5 yrs now and its still popular.
 ZeroXcape
06-06-2001, 8:50 PM
I'm sure you could find many petitions to not have it at the Zone, but right now we don't know.

In all honestly, I highly doubt the zone will have anything to do with Jedi Knight II. With dedicated servers and authentication as it is today, there is no need for the zone.
 Swoosh
06-06-2001, 9:36 PM
It is true that JKII will have dedicated servers, but I remember Quake 2 coming to the Zone during JK's day. I never played Q2 over the zone, but I'm assuming it used the peer to peer mode (which sucked compared to dedicated servers). Since JKII is using a similar engine and LucasArts had the deal with Microsoft to put their games on the zone (I'm not sure if that expired or not), then JKII could very well end up on the Zone. Of course, this would be in addition and secondary to dedicated servers. You'd want to play on a dedicated server anyway. :)

Swoosh
 Red_XIIII
06-06-2001, 9:55 PM
Zone has its + IM chat before game starts things like that. I'd hate to give them up for dedicated server support, I hope thier is a mix of both, half the time clans just hang out on the zone and chat, you can't do that with jus dedicated server support heh
 digl
06-06-2001, 10:37 PM
PrINcE[OuTLaW] please dont add new topics, first look if what you want to ask is already being discussed
Its alreadyhere (http://www.jediknightii.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000089)
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-06-2001, 10:41 PM
I do like the community aspect of the zone, but dedicated servers are just so much better. Besides, all the people with the Cables, DSLs, T1's, and T3's will be doing dedicated servers, not the zone.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-06-2001, 10:44 PM
Oh digl, that thread is closed now. So now we have to use this thread.
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 3:40 PM
One thing i hope for......a tournament where you can win Ј10,000 like for Tachyon....amazing!
Page: 1 of 1