Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Rank

Page: 1 of 1
 Letalis
06-04-2001, 10:25 PM
Just curious, anyone have any idea as to how Jedi Rank will work. I imagin it would be much better to have to work for the rank of Jedi Master instead of just selecting it. It means those actual hardcore gamers can have the respect they deserve instead of having random newbies ploaying as masters when we all know they are far from it. Just making enquiries...
 ed_silvergun
06-04-2001, 10:32 PM
As yet, there's very little info on how ranking will work in JK II.

See <A HREF="http://www.jediknight.net/cgi-bin/mboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=29&t=000057">this) thread</A> over at JK.net for more discussion on ranking.
 Letalis
06-04-2001, 10:45 PM
Muchos thanks all round... ;)
 CaptainRAVE
06-05-2001, 5:20 PM
As of yet we know hardly anything on the game.....i doubt even raven do.....but i trust them anyway! :)
 Kwup
06-05-2001, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE:
<STRONG>As of yet we know hardly anything on the game.....i doubt even raven do.....but i trust them anyway! :)</STRONG>

I sure hope Raven knows about the game, or else we're all doomed to U2 and DUke Nukem....forever! [pun intended]
 matt--
06-05-2001, 9:39 PM
Doubtful. Because there probably won't be a centralized server, the rank would need to be client-side. Then hacks would arise. So it really is pointless.
 Letalis
06-05-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by matt-windu:
<STRONG>Doubtful. Because there probably won't be a centralized server, the rank would need to be client-side. Then hacks would arise. So it really is pointless.</STRONG>

As much as I don't want to believe it I know it's true, look at Diablo I, hack central.

Even if it's for personal satisfaction, I hope they include it, amoungst the hardcore gamers we know who is deserving of rank and who isn't... ;)
 Red_XIIII
06-05-2001, 10:59 PM
That method turns it Like into a Semi Rpg/Fps, I really don't like Fps/Rpg Idea, I do like Rpgs but from a 3rd person perpective. The Ranking System Should be Like Mots if their going the choose your power route, I don't like bein limited to Light or Darkside powers. I wanna combine Grip and absorb etc :D :D
 Letalis
06-06-2001, 10:57 AM
That defeats the purpose of the Light side/Dark side fight. You're either good or bad, no one is neutral in the eternal battle for balance in the Galaxy. ;)
Page: 1 of 1