Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My opinion on the game...

Page: 1 of 1
 Kwup
06-04-2001, 6:15 PM
Ok. I've given this much thought, so I will adress it now. I think in single-player mode you should be able to control multiple charactors. AKA like personalities, and each one has his/her background. So, here is my plan...
Jedi = Kyle Katarn - Basically JK style
Saberist = Some-new-guy - Can have a few force powers, a dual saber or a lightstaff
Mercenary = Jan Ors - Basically Q3 style missions
Bounty Hunter = some goof - The same as MotS, but I would like to see carbo look like a cloud....when you are exposed to that clud you slow down...eventually freezing if you stay in it.
Scout = some choad - Basically you just snipe stuff......

So 5 different styles of playing. I think this would be great, with the ongoing story turning into a Giants: Citizen Kabuto type thing where you switch charactors after so many missions.

Your thoughts?

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: Kwup ]
 Red_XIIII
06-04-2001, 6:27 PM
I persoanly Think the carbo gun is kinda cheap, very easy to freeze anyone not using Fspeed, and its a ping battle bewteen two carbo using players, a saber Only mode exists, in mots ala gantry no guns, homestead, and throne. Scouts were underpowered shield wise in mots, I think they needed 2x the amount as they spawn with only a few weak weapons other then the sniper rifle. and merc would just be a NF battle, I would Like to See and enginer Per able to build Mini Turbolazers or things of that nature :) and also a Hwguy type per that carries big guns and alot of armor and has no force powers at all and is extremely slow to move. Giants was not a good game in my book, short Sp crappy Mp offered nothing new other then you could play as a Giant ugly looking thing. And Fly a helicopter well tribes alrdy covered that heh.
 CaptainRAVE
06-04-2001, 6:33 PM
All i wanna say is.....its gonna be AWSOME!!!!!
 Kwup
06-04-2001, 6:33 PM
what the hell? did you even read the message? It's for Single Player
 Red_XIIII
06-04-2001, 6:37 PM
yes for single player, have u every played Unreal with the Chaos Mod?
 CaptainRAVE
06-04-2001, 6:39 PM
never played unreal.......only tournament, i meant JK2 anyway......its gonna be AWSOME!!
 Red_XIIII
06-04-2001, 6:43 PM
you should get unreal, can be had for 10$ with its addon at most stores, its a good game.
 Kwup
06-04-2001, 6:43 PM
Chaos mod sucks.
 Red_XIIII
06-04-2001, 6:45 PM
whatever
 CaptainRAVE
06-04-2001, 6:51 PM
Im just lookin forward to Unreal 2.....its gonna be amazing!!! :D
 Kwup
06-04-2001, 6:52 PM
:D
 Red_XIIII
06-04-2001, 6:54 PM
so is Duke Nukem Forever, seen the Hi Res Movie of it? just awesome.... :cool:
 CaptainRAVE
06-04-2001, 6:55 PM
Yeah, i seen that, gonna be cool :)
 magnus
06-04-2001, 7:20 PM
Personally I think that it's better to have only one personality in singelplayer. I wanna step in to the role of Kyle... and it's just to much hard work beeing a schizo... ;)

In MP it would be cool though.
 StormHammer
06-05-2001, 4:21 PM
I have to say that for JKII I think multiple characters is a bad idea. Although I liked playing MotS SP, it really just seemed like a series of different missions. I wouldn't want to do the same sort of switching in JKII - this is Kyle's story.

Having all those different play styles would break the flow of the SP game. If you are talking about assuming one role and using it throughout the whole game, then that is also a bad idea. Playing a Bounty Hunter in a game about Jedi? It wouldn't fit, IMO.

I would much rather see a separate new Bounty Hunter FPS, that allowed you to tweak your character.

I would much prefer just to play Kyle in JKII, and watch him come to terms with his destiny.
 NeJJa
06-05-2001, 4:27 PM
why diff chars, you could just have a mode where you develop your player towards certain roles. that combinded with lightsaber dev. would make unique players
 CaptainRAVE
06-05-2001, 5:06 PM
Yeah......i agree
Page: 1 of 1