Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Did Kyle dye his hair? :)

Page: 1 of 1
 Silent_Thunder
05-31-2001, 6:23 PM
If anyone remebers back in MotS Kyle had graying hair. Now it looks like hes 10 years younger....:P around the original Jedi Knight time. Just wondering what's with that :). Does that mean the story is going to countinue after the Original JK, but skip over MotS, as if it never existed? :)

________________________________________________--------------------------------------------- :)________________________________________________ _________________________________---- -----------------------------------------______________________
 matt--
05-31-2001, 6:30 PM
If you check on the lucasarts website and read the JKO synopsis, you should see that the game picks up after Kyle's fall to the sith.
 Angry Drunken Ewok
05-31-2001, 6:36 PM
MOTS takes place 5 years after JK so more than likely JO is taking place between the two games.

"He's no good to me dead."

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Angry Drunken Ewok ]
 Finalnight
05-31-2001, 7:14 PM
To answer these questions: When a Jedi is seduced to the Dark Side, the destructive energy of the Dark Side begins to take a toll on the Dark Jedi's body, (ie, Emperor, who had to keep switching bodies to stay alive). Kyle's body was affected in the same way when he went to the dark side, I assume after you leave it the affects subside or the power of the light side restores your body (either through himself, or Mara or Luke). That is why Dark Jedi can come back to the light (ie Kip Durron, Kam Solusar)
 wardz
05-31-2001, 7:19 PM
Perhaps he just used a bit of grecian 2000.

Nothing wrong in that, how is he going to pull the birds with grey hair?!

wardz
 ssyoda
06-01-2001, 9:44 PM
And has anyone noticed how much this new Kyle looks so much like the actor who played him in JK? As opposed to the ingame block that was supposedly Kyle... ;)
 Sifl
06-01-2001, 9:55 PM
Look at the pic where kyle's force-pushing the stormtrooper through the window, crank up the gamma and you can see his hair is graying at the bottom. It's just kind of a dark picture...
 Angry Drunken Ewok
06-02-2001, 3:39 AM
In response to finalnight....the emperor(palpatine) NEVER switched bodies....he had many clones made(Dark Empire trilogy) but never once in the Star Wars time/story line did he switch bodies...and another person to add to the dark/light force switching is Luke Skywalker
 Bartolo_JCS
06-02-2001, 4:50 AM
lol that's a funny topic
 StormHammer
06-02-2001, 3:15 PM
I think they've done a good job with this Kyle. I too had noticed the lack of noticeable greying hair - but someone else has already offered a reasonable explanation for that.

The chat log said JKO takes place around 14 years post-ANH, if that's any help putting the timeline in perspective. ;)
 Finalnight
06-02-2001, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by Angry Drunken Ewok:
<STRONG>In response to finalnight....the emperor(palpatine) NEVER switched bodies....he had many clones made(Dark Empire trilogy) but never once in the Star Wars time/story line did he switch bodies...and another person to add to the dark/light force switching is Luke Skywalker</STRONG>

He did switch bodies in the Dark Empire Comics, remember, when the emperor was killed by Vader in the second Death Star, his spirit was ripped away to that clone planet where it took him many years to recover.
 Angry Drunken Ewok
06-02-2001, 4:14 PM
My mistake....I forgot that all the clones had his spirit in them...but still he didnt switch because the dark side was destroying his body he did because the clone bodies were destroyed so he moved to the next one.
 matt--
06-02-2001, 4:23 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Drunken Master Ewok. When his clone was destroyed, his loyal followers made a new one for him. His spirit would then transfer itself to the new body.
Page: 1 of 1