Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK2

Page: 1 of 1
 Sarge
05-31-2001, 5:32 AM
Hi, guys what would be the most perfect one thing you would like to be in JK2. I would above all else like to be able to have a real light saber battle like in the movies, not like in Jk where you hit run, hit run, etc. That is the only thing I did not like in Jk. Post away :D
 ZeroXcape
05-31-2001, 5:45 AM
Did you happen to see the JK II footage? ;)

I think the saber duels will be much better then JK.
 Sarge
05-31-2001, 5:47 AM
I know, I loved the movie. Three cheers for RYAN.... ;)
 GonkH8er
05-31-2001, 6:15 AM
i agree. i had my first jk game in months last night with reactor, and i had forgotten how BORING the saber fights were :)

im all for realism, in the saber aspect.

and no super ultra swing that you can just hold down and win. equally weighted attack moves!
 Aragorn
05-31-2001, 9:06 AM
I'm with you Gonk. We need something more than JK when it comes to saber fights.
 MJR PAIN UK
05-31-2001, 9:25 AM
I really hope they manage to get the saber fighting balance right as running and swinging gets abit boring after a while, i can't wait to see a proper demonstration,not just a fussy vid clip, of how it works

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: MJR PAIN UK ]
 Sarge
05-31-2001, 2:32 PM
Soon my son
 Obi Kwan
05-31-2001, 2:43 PM
I also want a better saber control system, but I would also like to see more creative puzzles throughout the game. How many times can we move blocks into a certain sequence or run around looking for a certain type of switch? You can graphically beef up a game as much as you want but if there isnt a creative design behind the objectives, its gonna get old quick. Even if the main reason we all buy it is for multiplayer saber duels....
 Kettch
05-31-2001, 3:55 PM
The running speed in a battle should be decreased. There could be a perseverance limit, so you aren't able to run, jump and attack with the saber the whole time...
 matt--
05-31-2001, 7:31 PM
But that stays true to the movie.
 StormHammer
06-02-2001, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by Kettch:
<STRONG>The running speed in a battle should be decreased. There could be a perseverance limit, so you aren't able to run, jump and attack with the saber the whole time...</STRONG>

I don't see how they could limit it when people are going to use Force Speed anyway. The best bet is the Lightsaber only mode with NF, which will even the playing field.

I'm not sure the standard run speed should be reduced either. In JK it wasn't really that fast for the rest of the game due to the size of the levels. It only became a problem when duelling.

Having said that, if they could come up with a speed similar to that used in Rune (without patches), I think they would be on the right track.

Also, in terms of lightsaber duels, I would personally want to see a bit more action/reaction and strategy, as in Severance: Blade of Darkness.

I've only played the demo of that game, and although the controls were unresponsive, and some of the moves were slow, it did allow for some proper blocking, and you had to really time your attacks. It's a bit similar with Rune - timing is essential. So I would definitely want to see something similar in Jedi Outcast.

If they implement the same sort of combo-moves as Heretic 2, then I think lightsaber duels could become pretty intense, and a lot more enjoyable.
 Letalis
06-02-2001, 1:59 PM
It would be cool if once the Saber was pulled out, beside standard movement and your Force powers, the other keys became hotkeys for saber moves, attacks, defence etc...

Just a suggestion.
Page: 1 of 1