Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

To Jeff, SithSeed and the stuff

Page: 1 of 1
 digl
05-31-2001, 2:26 AM
Congrats for the new site, but I think there is a problem with LG.com, its now working as a network
Dont get me wrong, I am one of the biggest fans of your sites and from the DF series, and I know most of you know that, but I think LG.com could be improved a lot(I know its hard work, what youv done is invaluable to the community, but It could more practical for everybody if you read my suggestion)

I think you should have a real hub at lg.com, with all the forums together.I dont know If there is any way you could concentrate all the UBB data in only one forum, but If you cant maybe It would be good to start the forums from scratch

Besides the forums, the center of the network must be lg.com and not jk.com, and lg.com should be updated regulary, so you can check all news at lg.com, and that site redirects you to the specific ones.

I had posted this several times, I think in lg.com, jk.net and owk.net, but I got no reply, so I post it again now that this new site is opening

Again, please dont get me wrong, Im just making a constructive critic, its just my opinion, and Im not underating you work at all, I know its hard to keep a good site up and running
:)
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:30 AM
You must understand that this site is mostly a hobby for the admins. They have other jobs. On top of that, they should have the liberty to update what ever they want, especially if they like one more. Not to put you down, but I don't believe you did any work on this site, or understand how much time it takes to develop an interface as esquisite as this one is.
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 2:32 AM
exquisite I believe is how you spell that there alphanumeric word

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: Bart-=[JCS]=- ]
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:35 AM
I stand corrected Bart
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:37 AM
By my understanding you spell believe I-E, not E-I.
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 2:39 AM
matt-windu is correct, I don't think its really important to network all the work these guys have done into one board because I really have no good reason but I think that after all the work they've done it would be a waste to just dissolved it all into one. It might be to straining to do that also. Furthermore, JK2 in itself will definately be worthy enough for its own page just like Jedi Knight once did in the past. Booya! Who's your daddy?! *pelvic thrust* *pelvic thrust* *pelvic thrust* yea ha!

aye..
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 2:40 AM
thank you matt-windu, i will edit this monstruous error i made

oops an error in a correction statement how bout dat ;)

*ponders* I before E unless after C *gets it*

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: Bart-=[JCS]=- ]
 digl
05-31-2001, 2:42 AM
Wow, fast replies
I know matt
they should have the liberty to update what ever they want, especially if they like one more

Sure, but I feel like lucasgames.com has never been too usefull

I don't believe you did any work on this site
No I didnt, but I have a site and I know you spend a lot of time doing it

an interface as esquisite as this one is.
What do you mean? the forums?
Truly I dont know how hard it is to set them up, but the UBB is bought and configured

If you guys feel as matt-windu says, sorry, I didnt meant to be rude or anything
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:42 AM
how ironic
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 2:44 AM
*pelvic thrust*
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:46 AM
As for my being fast. I like to call it diligence. I'm sorry if I offended you by saying you wouldn't know how long it takes. I was mistaken. By "creating and interface as exquisite as this" I was refering to the website as a whole. By the way, there isn't much information floating around on other games. When there is, it shows up on JK.net. That should not be there. That is where I agree with you.
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:47 AM
I wonder if they will include gestures, such as plevic thrusts, into the game. Similar to UT.
 digl
05-31-2001, 2:50 AM
Im also diligent, as you can see :), as much as my 56k lets me :(

I don't think its really important to network all the work these guys have done into one board

LG is supposed to be a network

Soon there will be a lot of info on the new games, BG, SWG, the RPG
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 2:53 AM
*waves* *pelvic thrust* *jedi dance* *twirls saber* *force lightshow*

Indeed, another brilliant idea has been rediscovered. I think this was talked about on obi-wan board, quite sure of it. Although, very good of you to bring it up again.

Oh and another thing I wanna be able to do is ignite a saber while i'm holding the handle on someone. :D HAHAHAHA MADNESS!
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:53 AM
Simplicity. If we want JKII info we come to these boards. It makes life easier.
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 2:55 AM

Furthermore, JK2 in itself will definately be worthy enough for its own page just like Jedi Knight once did in the past. Booya! Who's your daddy?! *pelvic thrust* *pelvic thrust* *pelvic thrust* yea ha!
aye..
 matt--
05-31-2001, 2:55 AM
Point blank duel? sounds too easy. Would be pointless violence however...very appealing.
 ZeroXcape
05-31-2001, 5:43 AM
digl: We're taking it one site at a time. Hopefully a month from now every site will have a makeover of some sort.
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 3:45 PM
not so much as to duel matt but more of a finishing type move or something. Fist fight leading to ingiting of saber in chest for example... lol
 matt--
05-31-2001, 6:44 PM
I like it even better now.
 OnlyOneCanoli
05-31-2001, 6:58 PM
Quality over quantity, guys. If you want respect, an enourmous post count won't get you there. Just a friendly reminder.

To the staff, I just have a small problem and didn't think it was worth its own thread. When I refresh the main forum page, it brings me to JKii.net.
 Swoosh
05-31-2001, 9:00 PM
...patience...young jedi...

The staff at LucasGames/JKII.net has been discussing what we are going to do with LucasGames.com and all I can tell you is to be patient.

Swoosh
 wardz
05-31-2001, 9:07 PM
...patience...young jedi...

see? mega force posters, THAT is how you get a place on the staff...our time will come

wardz
 Jedi_Killer
06-01-2001, 9:30 PM
Canoli--Shift click on the link to the forums to open them up in their own window. That way you can see them full screen instead of in a little frame anyway.
 Swoosh
06-03-2001, 1:52 AM
Ok everyone, work has started on the new LucasGames.com...the final site is not up yet, but check the site out for some info. Thanks.

Swoosh
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-03-2001, 1:47 PM
I hope you guys don't remake Jk.net. I love the site the way it is. Well, the way it used to be before you made that minor page layout change.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-03-2001, 1:48 PM
Whoa... My first two pager. :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1