Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What......the.....(the title !!)

Page: 1 of 2
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 2:12 PM
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 2:16 PM
this is very big news.... but you're right. i sincerely hope it's some kind of gag to get a feel for what people think. so far, it's definitely the most lame title they ever came up with..
It doesn't even SOUND right, does it ? And it sounds so incrediblэ...obvious about the content of the movie that i'm inclined to believe it is a joke. Most other titles were more illusive. After all, they didn't name Episode IV 'Luke Skywalker Starts His Journey', right ?

hope it's a joke...
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 2:17 PM
OMG It had SO better be! It sounds like Attack of the killer tomatoes!!:mad:
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 2:20 PM
starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones is the full title for the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release in 2002.

Attack of the Clones?
COME UP WITH A CREATIVE TITLE LUCAS!!!!:mad:
MAN THE PHANTOM MENACE WAS A LITTLE CORNY ON THE TITLE BUT MAN NO NEED TO TOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Please don't make this movie BAD too :ball:
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones is the full title for the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release in 2002.

Attack of the Clones?
COME UP WITH A CREATIVE TITLE LUCAS!!!!:mad:
MAN THE PHANTOM MENACE WAS A LITTLE CORNY ON THE TITLE BUT MAN NO NEED TO TOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Please don't make this movie BAD too :ball:
BAD fergie! You didn't put SPOILER! BAD!:D
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 2:34 PM
This quite possibly is the worst name ever created for any movie. I mean from all the cool and good names they could choose from, they choose that?! I hope the title doesn't foreshadow the movie....

So, if you report this as news, do I get credit for being the informant? ;)
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 2:38 PM
yes you do, boba... ;)
Although i can't help but think that it's an april's fools-like joke somehow... does anyone remember how long before the actual movie the Episode 1 title became known ? That might give us a hint as to whether this is serious or not...

I already read a report that someone liked it and thought it was 'totally consistent with the rest of the titles'..
get real...
 Rogue15
08-06-2001, 2:40 PM
EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would've been better if they'd just use:

Episode II: Invasion of the Clones or
Episode II: Assault of the Clones

attack of the clones though...well, i admit i like it.
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 2:43 PM
Man I was sick of that title right when I saw it! So I emidiatly e-mailed McCullam the production Designer. I hope he heres me out or there is going to be hell to pay in the box offices. Poeple may say don't judge a book by its cover. do the majority of the people listen NO!!!:mad:
 Lord JayVizIon
08-06-2001, 2:44 PM
yup, that title stinks. they better come up with something else......
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 2:47 PM
In these fast interactive times, what better to do than immediately post a poll about it ?
hehe :D
Head on over to the new poll in this forum and vent that anger/happiness by voting for all Lucasfilm to see in hard, systematic coldness !
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 2:48 PM
Boy this topic is exploding, Boba Rhett you get bonus points in my book! I might have even gone to the movie without knowingabout this one (I doubt it though):mad: :evil3: :mad:
 ZeroXcape
08-06-2001, 3:02 PM
I personally LOVE the title!! Honestly, what else could be better?

Well ... maby:

Episode II: Untitled
Fall of the Republic
Republic Downfall
Rise of the Sith
Galactic Supremacy
Republic Trechery
Clones, Clones, More Clones
Clonage
Dйjа Vu

If StarWars.com posted the news, Lucas isn't going to change his mind on the name. Our only hope is that the site got hacked.
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:04 PM
If he got enough anti-title letters maybe he would change his mind. How could he let that title SLIP!!!!!!!!:mad:
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 3:36 PM
Yes, I think if enough people rallied against it, It could be changed.

Of all the titles he could have chosen,

Rise of the Sith
Veil of the Sith
Rise of the Empire
hundreds more...
etc..

He chose this. Yep, Old man Lucas has finally lost it....

I don't think this is a joke. This is about the time when TPM title was released. :(
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:39 PM
Lucas please HELP US HEED OUR ADVISE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!:ball:
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:39 PM
All of Rhett's titles are better than "Attack of the Clones", and he thought them up in about 2 minutes, Lucas has about 2 years and he picks "Attack of the Clones" this sucks... :(
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 3:40 PM
Or why not just have a symbol, like Prince
Episode II : $
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:44 PM
I think it would work. Oh what Prince changed back Oh well.:rolleyes:
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 6:14 PM
I just checked www.attackoftheclones.com) and it IS registered.. no word on if it's been done by Lucasfilm or not..

Theforce.net's forums dislike the title as much as we do..
it simply DOESN'T ring.. sounds MUCH too contrived and is simply TRITE.

I'll check the next two days, hoping with all my heart it's a joke to throw us off guard, so George gives us the REAL title after two days of agony..
 Generalchang
08-06-2001, 7:13 PM
AHHHHHH!!
This makes Epsiode II sound like a stupid '50's Space movie!

The clones from mars are coming! The clones from mars are coming!!!!!
What ever will we do?
 Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 7:18 PM
How bout...."Episode II: The one where the clones attack and Anikan hits on the queen while also showing some dark side tendancies". I mean couldn't they be alittle more obvious :D

Seriously, THIS IS A JOKE. The name is, whether Lucasfilm is serious or not, it is a JOKE!!!!

I thought that "The Phantom Menace" was a pretty decent title, but they could at least be a little more through in their anem choice. Are they really that desperate on people with good ideas. I mean, we all could work at Lucasfilm, if we only had to think up names like that.
 Young David
08-06-2001, 7:19 PM
It's just a new name. A year from now it's been accepted as a real SW title. I must admit that I was ... surprised when I got the SW e-mail just 5 minutes ago (i just came home).

But hey, if you think of it. The Empire Strikes Back is a pretty lame title too ...
 Generalchang
08-06-2001, 7:21 PM
(Burp, smrugle, vomit) How much of a dumbass has Lucas become since the original movies? His wealth has tainted the thing that made him become wealthy!
 Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 7:34 PM
Hmm, that is a very good way of putting it. It does seem like the Movies have gone downhill a bit since the Special Edition came out. However, this is just a title, not neccessarily a projection of what the movie quality will be. If that's the name, we'll have to except, and hope and pray the movie is better than the name.
 Generalchang
08-06-2001, 7:36 PM
I agree with you on that...
Let's hope the movie itself is better then the title...
 Superdog
08-06-2001, 8:09 PM
I bet people said similiar things when the titles Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were announced. Think about how lame and corny those titles are.
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 8:14 PM
How is Return of the jedi corny? I can see ESB is but RotJ...nay.
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 8:19 PM
Every time I hear AotC I keep thinking of the movie, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" *shudders*
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Every time I hear AotC I keep thinking of the movie, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" *shudders*
HEHE...is that cause I mentioned that when we first heard about it :D
 Young David
08-06-2001, 8:25 PM
Star Wars is pretty lame too ... the title I mean. But not now, cause we're used to it.
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 8:35 PM
You did? never mind then. :)

Yeah, I suppose Star Wars did sound stupid but Attack of the Clones, it not only sounds stupid but it sounds stupid, dumb, lame**s, idiotic, moronic, cr*ppy, and sound slike a Flash Gordon Epsiode. "anyone mention that yet? :confused: "
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 8:37 PM
You did? never mind then. :)

Yeah, I suppose Star Wars did sound stupid but Attack of the Clones, it not only sounds tupid but it sounds stupid, dumb, lame**s, idiotic, moronic, cr*ppy, and sound slike a Flash Gordon Epsiode. "anyone mention that yet? :confused: "
Yeah I think someone mentioned Flash Gordan episode, but oh well it wasn't me :)
So do you think they will change it if enough people email them?
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 8:44 PM
Yes I do. If they all of a sudden had thousands and thousands of people mailing them and harassing them about the name. I think Lucas would think twice about the crappy name he has given Episode II.

And Georges Episode III possible names,

1. Ep. III, Give me more Money!!
2. Ep. III, Anakin Goes Naughty
3. Ep. III, A man a Plan a Jedi
4. Ep. III, Anakin Kills the Jedi
5. Ep. III, Twisted Sabers
 Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 8:44 PM
I think that they would change it once they actually think about it for a little while.

I can just see some guy at his desk going. "Hey, i got it. "Attack of the Clones. Yeah, that will be cool." Then he just sent it to the Star Wars website and they put it up, not knowing who it came from. Maybe this whole thing is just a big mistake.
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 8:56 PM
Nah, George was probably sitting on his couch, dressed as an ewok, and heavily intoxicated, whatching Flash Gordan and then he said, "Hey, I got it!! Attack of the Clones!! Brilliant!!" Then he stumbled into work, carrying a shotgun, dressed as an ewok and yelling that that's what he wanted the name to be.

I bet the people working for him think he's a crazy loon and doesn't know what he's doing. A, "crack pot who hit the jackpot" if you will. But what are they suppose to do? Argue with him?
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 8:59 PM
Nah, George was probably sitting on his couch, dressed as an ewok, and heavily intoxicated, whatching Flash Gordan and then he said, "Hey, I got it!! Attack of the Clones!! Brilliant!!" Then he stumbled into work, carrying a shotgun, dressed as an ewok and yelling that that's what he wanted the name to be.

I bet the people working for him think he's a crazy loon and doesn't know what he's doing. A, "crack pot who hit the jackpot" if you will. But what are they suppose to do? Argue with him?
I like Rhett's interpertation. i can see that really happening :D
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 9:00 PM
*giggles* Thats exactly what happened ;)
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 9:03 PM
:D
Rommel are you a girl? Really :)
 Young David
08-06-2001, 9:06 PM
Actually ... after 2 hours ... I'm pretty used to the name already. It's still beter than "Jar Jar's big adventure"
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 9:08 PM
What? You can't giggle without being labeled a girl? :cool:

*goes off to giggle*

aaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd back on topic,

I wonder how long Lucas has had this name in mind.
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 9:13 PM
I'm a guy, who likes to giggle rather than laugh (;) )
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 9:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
I'm a guy, who likes to giggle rather than laugh (;) )
Oh, ok thats cool.
*giggles*
See i can giggle too....it just doesn't suit me.
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 9:15 PM
you two almost sound like Private Johnson (any of you who have seen the invsible enemy know what I mean):D :D :D
Only kidding guys:D
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 9:15 PM
*giggles* It takes practice, I've been giggling since I joined these forums ;)
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2001, 9:19 PM
I'm an Elite giggler.

*giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles* *giggles*
See? I could go on for hours..... and if we don't get back on topic we're gonna be in trouble!!
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 9:20 PM
---Boba Rhett---

I wonder how long Lucas has had this name in mind?
---me---
I wish he had never heard it.
Can you imagine..."I'm Ted Copple and today the online world has gone crazy sending e-mails to Goerge Lucas to reconsider a title he has made for his new movie. It is:laughing: hahahahahahahhahahahahah oh this is RICH...The Attack of the Clones:laughing: HARHAR HAR HAR HAR...".... that is what I am seeing in the future and I hope it is wrong...:(
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 9:24 PM
How about "The clones Strike"?
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 9:25 PM
Well, it's better than 'Attack of the Clones' thats for sure :(
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 9:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Well, it's better than 'Attack of the Clones' thats for sure :(
thanks, I was going for a title that still had the same "feel" as AotC but sounded better and more like the orginal trilogy.
Page: 1 of 2