Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Now that Filefront is down...

Page: 1 of 1
 RyanRevan
08-09-2015, 6:55 AM
What will happen to the mods?

To the best of my knowledge, there wasn't any warning of the shutdown, so I dont know if the admins over there were able to compile the mods into safe keeping. If anyone has them, we really should try and compile them somewhere like the Nexus/DeadlyStream so they are kept safe.

(Anyone else feel like Atris? (Must keep and hoard all the artifacts!) But this time we'll give them out to the community. Or hoard them. Or hoard the community.)
 Kexikus
08-09-2015, 8:37 AM
DS doesn't allow reuploads of mods that you don't have the permission to upload.
Last time someone tried that he got banned. So you might want to think that over.
 RyanRevan
08-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Yeee..... yeah. I'll take them down then. up-for-24-hours me mustve missed a rule or something.
 Sith Holocron
08-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Yeee..... yeah. I'll take them down then.

A wise decision.
 RyanRevan
08-09-2015, 5:55 PM
Regardless, the main question still remains.

Where will the lost information go so it can be found?
 Rece
08-09-2015, 7:20 PM
Umm Gamefront is still perfectly up and running. All Filedront did was show the mod page to preview the mod. Gamefront is where all of the mods are stored.
 Canderis
08-10-2015, 7:47 AM
Rece, not every mod is there. The first few I searched for weren't.
 Rece
08-10-2015, 8:00 PM
Rece, not every mod is there. The first few I searched for weren't.

Well people do take down their mods... so.
 LancerChronics
08-10-2015, 10:31 PM
I think the hardest part of filefront going down is the loss of the system for "browsing" the mods before you download. Nothing like a series of screenshots and a review blip to give you a sense of what you are in for.

That said... When you want to "browse" Filefront for mods, just use the Way Back Machine.

https://archive.org/web/)

I find it's sufficient for looking around and noting the exact mod name I want, the mod author, as well as the zip name, and all the screenshots, reviews, and blurbs I'm used to seeing on Filefront. Only negative is its a tad slow. All that information can be used to dig up another location. If it exists.
 Canderis
08-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Well people do take down their mods... so.

You could not get mods taken down easily. I tried several times to get a few of mine removed. They never were.
 Kainzorus Prime
08-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Learn to proxy.

Put gamefront trough filterbypass.me, and you'll be able to download the mods without problems.
 Shaggoth
08-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Learn to proxy.

Put gamefront trough filterbypass.me, and you'll be able to download the mods without problems.

The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:
connect() timed out!
 Kainzorus Prime
08-12-2015, 1:56 PM
The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:
connect() timed out!

Which mod you're looking for.
Page: 1 of 1