Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Duel to the Death (Kung Fu Story)

Page: 1 of 1
 christos200
10-18-2013, 11:29 AM
(This is a Non - Star Wars. It is a Kung Fu story set during the Qing Dynasty. Those who have seen early Jackie Chan movies, like Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, or Shaw Brothers movies will be familiar with the plot. I use the old HK Kung Fu movies for inspiration, so some things, like how fast someone can learn Kung Fu, may be a bit unrealistic.)

Duel to the Death

Part 1:

It is 1724. China is under the control of the Qing Dynasty. The current ruler of China is the Emperor Yongzheng. He took his throne in 1722 and the next year, he decided to destroy the Shaolin Temple. The Shaolin Temple had given again and again refuge to Ming loyalists who wanted to free China from the rule of the Manchu Barbarians. So, Emperor Yongzheng decided to deal once and for all with the threat of the Shaolin. In 1723, on the 6th day of the first new moon of the lunar calendar, a former Shaolin disciple named Ma Ning-Yee aided Qing forces to launch a sneak attack on the southern Shaolin Temple.

They began the assault by bombarding the largely wooden monastery with a relentless deluge of burning arrows. Between the surprise attack, the fire, and the overwhelming number of Qing soldiers, 110 out of the 128 monks were killed that day. The Great Shaolin Purge took 70 days as Qing forces hunted down the 18 survivors. The surviving monks of Shaolin inflicted massive casualties on their Qing pursuers but, in the end, their numbers were too great. Only six of them survived.

However, despite this destruction, martial arts flourish in China and there are many martial arts schools. One of those is the Li School in Shandong. With 40 students, the Li School is very well known in the area. Master Li is also famous as a very skilled martial artist. Chan Le, the janitor of the school, is less famous. Chan is a young man, just 20 years old, with short hair, ponytail and green eyes. He is tall and strong, but he is not very muscular.

An orphan, he grew up in the Li school. However, he knowns almost nothing about Kung Fu. He just works as a janitor, cleaning the floors of the school. Chan always wanted to learn how to fight, but the closest experience he has of Kung Fu is being the punching bag of the school and being used by Master Li to demonstrate techniques to the students. Chan is living in a small room on the back side of the school. His only friends are a small white cat called "kitty" and his friend Huang, a tall and very muscular man, with long black hair and light beard.

Huang is not faring better than Chan. He works as a waiter in a local tavern, which is a few miles outside the city. He earns very little money and has as his only friend Chan. He knows a bit of martial arts, but he is not very skilled. Huang has now come to Chan's room, to talk with him. The room is small, with a bed and a small wooden table.

"Hey, Chan, today is the festival. Will you come to the festival with me? There will be a lot of fighters who will show their Kung Fu. Also, there will be many girls there, so...you never know, we may find some company today." Huang says laughing "So, will you come?"

"Of course I will come! However, I have to clean the school first. Shall we meet in--"

Before Chan can answer, a student of the school, dressed with white clothes, enters Chan's room.

"Hey, idiot, the teacher wants you."

"I am coming."

Chan then turns on Huang.

"Huang, wait here. I will be coming soon."

A few moments later, in Li school's training room

When Chan arrives in the training room, which is huge and crowded, a few moments later, he sees the students of the school, all dressed with white shirt and black trouser, perfoming several exercises. Others do push ups, others punch their fists onto punching bags, others do legwork and practise their kicks and others practise the forms on wooden dummies, which have three arms and one leg that represent an opponent's body in various positions and the lines of force the body can give out. Supervising the students is Master Li. Li is an old man, with long white hair and beard, blue eyes and dressed in black clothes. Despite being old, he is one of the best martial artists in the whole of China. Master Li is furious and his face has turned red with anger.

"Chan, you idiot, what took you so long?!"

"I am sorry Master Li. Next time, I will be coming faster."

"Next time, be faster!"

"I will. I will"

"Good. Now shut up!"

Li then claps and shouts at his students "Stop training! Stop training!". Everyone knows that Master Li will now teach them a new technique, and Chan knows on who this technique will be tested.

"My students. I will teach you the Bai Mai Kai Sek technique. It's an easy one, but very powerful. In order that you will be able to understand it better, I will test it on Chan." Master Li shouts. Then, calmly, and with a smile in his face, he calls Chan. "Chan, can you please come here?"

Chan, who was thinking "I knew it, dammit!!" while Master Li was talking, replies with a soft voice and a smile in his face. "I am coming, Master."

And so, Master Li begins his lesson. Once Chan comes close to him, Master Li shouts "The Bai Mai Kai Sek technique has four moves. It may seem simple, but with practise and speed, it can have a lethal effect." Chan waits with agony the first move, when Master Li turns on him. Shouting "This is the first move!", Master Li punches with left fist on Chan's nose. Li's fist is powerful and fast, a deadly combination. The power of the fist can be seen by how Chan's nose is bleeding and the fact that Master Li was doing his best to make this fist weak in order to not kill Chan. One can easily understand what would happen if Master Li used this fist with all of his power.

"This is Bai."

Master Li then flying kicks, with his right leg, Chan's stomach, causing Chan to spit blood. The speed, force and agility of Master Li's kick was really impressive.

"This is Mai."

Chan, who had fallen on the ground, gets up only to fall again on the ground when Master Li kicks him on the face with a powerful twisting kick.

"This is Kai."

Master Li then turns his back on Chan.

"Chan!" he shouts. "Attack me!"

Chan, who is bleeding, tries to reply.

"I....I....I...will....Master."

Chan runs towards Master Li, but Li kicks him with a back kick on the face. Chan, spiting blood, with his nose broken and his face painted red with blood, falls on the ground.

"This is Sek. Do you want me to show you the four moves again?"

One of the students, with a smile in his face, shouts "No, because the idiot will not be able to stand any other kick. Look at him!! He cannot even stand up! Hahahaha!!!"

The entire class laughs at the student's joke about how weak Chan is, until Master Li tells them to stop.

"You should not be joking about Chan. He is the best punching bag in all of Shandong. Hahahahaha."

One of the students, laughing, comes to help Chan to get up, but he refuses saying "Thanks, but I will not need any help. I can walk on my own." Chan walks, with great exertion, back to his room, in the back side of the school. Huang, seeing Chan bleeding, knows what happened.

"Chan, you were beaten again?"

Instead of a reply, Chan washes his face with some water.

"Chan, are you alright?"

"I will not come to the festival. I will stay here to clean again the school."

"But..."

"Go alone. Do not miss the festival for me."

"Hey, Chan, come with me for a walk. If you breathe some clean air, you will be calm and you shall be able to think more logically."

"Ok. I will cone for a walk."

Part 2:

A few minutes later, a few miles outside the city

Chan and Huang are walking on a dirt road, a few miles outside the city. Chan is able to forget about his beating and relax a bit. With his mood fixed, Chan agrees to go with Huang to a tavern, to drink some wine, and then to the festival. But when they reach a small outdoors tavern, they see three students from the school, all dressed with white shirt and black trouser, shouting at an old man sitting on a table and drinking his wine.

The leader of the students is known to Chan. He is Wang Yu, a tall and very, very muscular man, with short black hair, black beard and green eyes. The other two students, Han and Zhoung, are also very muscular. The old man has long grey hair and beard and brown eyes. He is tall, slim and strong, but he is not very muscular.

"You bastard old man!" Wang shouts. "Don't you know that this is our table?!"

"How should I know?" the old man calmly and politely asks. "I am a newcomer here."

"You bastard!! Get up and bow before us, and we may spare you!"

"Why should I do this?"

Wang, clearly furious, hits his fist on the table and shouts "Because I say so, and I am a student at the Li school!!!"

"So what?"

"I am going to kill you!!"

Wang kicks away the table and is ready to hit the old man, but Chan gets in front of him.

"Stop this. Find your own table."

"Oh, guys! Look who is coming to the rescue!!" Wang says laughing. "The punching bag. Oh, and there is his friend, the other punching bag. Hahaha."

Wang slaps Chan. Chan, angry, decides to fight back and tries to hit Wang with his right fist, but Wang blocks Chan's attack.

"Look guys!! The punching bag wants to be punched!!"

Wang kicks Chan on the face with a powerful twisting kick that causes Chan to spit blood. Huang tries to attack Wang, but he kicks him in the stomach twice and Huang falls on the ground.

"That's enough!" the old man shouts.

"Guys! Attack him!!"

Han tries to kick the old man's face with his right leg, but the old man grabs his leg with his left hand and punches his right elbow on it, breaking it. Han, shouting in pain, falls on the ground. Zhoung runs towards the old man, but he kicks Zhoung's face twice and he then punches his fists nine times on his stomach. Zhoung, screaming in pain, runs away. Wang understands that he is no match for the old man and decides to do the same. With Wang and his friends running away, the old man turns on Chan and Huang.

"I thank you for your help. My name is Ma. What are your names?"

"I am Chan."

"And I am Huang."

"Good, do you want to drink some wine with me?"

"Yes." Chan replies.

Chan's room, five hours later

After drinking some wine, Chan, Huang and Ma went to the festival. Once the festival was over, Chan decided to invite Huang and Ma to his room.

"So, Chan asks, do you like my room?"

"Well, it is a bit small, but it is ok, I guess." Ma replies.

As the three men sit and drink some tea, a student enters the room.

"Hey! Chan, you idiot!! Come here. The Master wants you."

"I am coming. Ma and Huang, I will be here soon."

Chan leaves for a few minutes, and Huang and Ma discuss about the festival and the performances of some martial artists. When Chan returns, his face is red with blood and he is bleeding.

"Chan, are you ok?" Huang asks.

Instead of giving a reply, Chan washes his face with water. Huang, meanwhile, decides to inform Ma about Chan's situation.

"Mr. Ma, it is like this. Chan is the walking punching bag of the Li school."

"Punching bag?"

"Yes. It us unfair, but this is how his Master Li treats him though."

"Chan, if you want, I can learn you how to fight!"

Hearing those words, Chan bows before Ma.

"Please, teach me."

"However, there are some rules. First, never show your Kung Fu to strangers. Second, do not kill anyone unless you are on self defence. Third, never use your skills for aggression. Do you accept those rules?"

"I accept them, teacher."

Huang, laughing, says "Well, Chan, it seems that today is your lucky day."

Governor's Palace, General's Hwang Jang Le's room

General Hwang Jang Le, Governor of Shandong, is practising his martial arts in his small dark room, which is filled with small candles. Hwang is a tall and muscular old man, with long white hair and beard. He wears the black Manchu uniform that General's wear. Hwang has many scars in his face, sign of the many times he took part in battles, and is blind, but he is a very good Kung Fu fighter, as he has developed his hearing so much that he can locate with ease the position of his opponent. Combined with his lethal 'Fists of Fury' and his 'Dragon Sword', one can understand why he is considered one of the best, if not the best, martial artists in China. Hwang is practising his fists on the candles, when he hears someone knocking the door.

"Come in!"

A Manchu officer, named Yehanar, enters the room. Yehanar, a short young man, wears black clothes that Manchu officials wear.

"Sir, after weeks of torture, the prisoner has spoken. One of the six Shaolin Monks, Ma, has escaped here in Shandong. Emperor Yongzheng would be very pleased if you could find out where this monk is."

"I will. And once I find him, I will kill him!!!!"

Part 3:

Three days later, in the back side of the Li school

Ma has come to the back of the Li school to train Chan is the art of Shaolin Kung Fu. He has brought with his several things, like bamboo sticks and vases.

"Teacher."

"Chan, in order to learn Kung Fu, you must suffer."

"I am not afraid, teacher!"

"Good. Do you see this?" Ma asks pointing a cup. "It has boiled water in it. Put your hands into the cup."

"Yes....teacher."

As Chan puts his hands into the cup, he screams in pain as his hands are burning.

"Teacher!!! I....I...cannot stand it!!!"

"You must suffer in order to learn Kung Fu."

After a few minutes pass, Ma allows Chan to get his burned hands out of the water. He then points the wall of Chan's room.

"Chan, punch your fists, with as much power as possible, on the wall."

"I will...teacher."

Chan punches his fists on the wall again and again, despite of the pain of his hands. However, soon his hands start to bleed and after hitting the wall 100 times, his hands are painted red with blood.

"Teacher, I cannot take it any longer."

"Ok. Stop the exercise and put your fists into this cup."

"No....I cannot stand any more boiled water, teacher."

"It is not boiled water. It is salt. Put your hands in the cup and the rub salt into your wound."

Chan follows Ma's order and screams in pain. Although he has been beaten many times, this is the first time he feels so much pain.

"Chan, my lesson is over. Rest, because tomorrow you will have an even harder day."

General Hwang trains again in his room, when Yehanar runs towards him.

"Sir!"

"What is it?"

"I have managed to locate Ming rebels. They are members of a group called the "Ming Union" and plan to overthrow our Emperor and restore the Ming Dynasty. They are very good fighters and they have been trained by Shaolin Monks."

"Where are they!?"

"They are in the Tiger Village, a few days march from the city."

"Gather 100 men, 80 spearmen and 20 archers, for the attack. I shall wipe out the village from the face of the earth!!"

The next day, in the back side of the Li school

The next day, Chan continues his Kung Fu training under Ma. This time, Ma has brought with him some wooden poles.

"Chan."

"Yes.....teacher." Chan replies, with fear over what his master will have him to do.

"Use your fists to break the wooden poles. Punch your fists on the wooden poles again and again and again, until you manage to break them. Even if you bleed, you shall not stop practising."

"Yes, teacher."

Chan punches his fists again and again on the wooden poles, but the only thing he manages to do is to get his hands to hurt and to be bleeding. However, he knows that he must not stop practising. He knows that he has to break those wooden poles. He has to learn Kung Fu, so that he is no longer humiliated. And so, he hits the wooden poles for more than six hours, but in the end, he manages to break them.

"Teacher, I was able to break those wooden poles."

"Yes, but you needed so many hours. So, I will bring you new wooden poles and you shall practise until you either break them with your first attack or all bones in your hands are broken!"

"Yes.....teacher."

And so Ma brings and other wooden poles. For more than four days, Chan practises day and night. His hands are bleeding, but he does not care. As time passes, his fists become more and more powerful. And so, after four days, Chan manages to break the wooden poles with just one hit.

Tiger Village

Meanwhile, after four days of marching, General Hwang and his small 100 men strong army has reached the Tiger Village. Hwang has his archers to bombard the small village with a relentless deluge of burning arrows. Once the village starts to burn, Hwang leads 80 Spearmen inside, to hunt down all rebels. The Qing soldiers are able to kill most villagers, but three rebels, equiped with axes, resist against the enemy and shout "Death to the barbarians!! Freedom or death!!". They dismember Qing soldiers and sever their limbs, creating a mountain of dead bodies. As more and more of his men are killed, Hwang decides to deal himself with those three rebels. So, he runs towards them and pulls out his legendary 'Dragon Sword'.

"Rebel scums! I will slaughter you with my Dragon Sword!!"

The 'Dragon Sword' is one of the most famous swords in China, and it is considered that it gives great power to the one who holds it. It was created in 221 BC, during the Qin Dynasty, under orders of Qin Shi Huang Di, the first Emperor of a unified China. Hwang found the sword twelve years ago, and he has used it to kill thousands of anti-Qing rebels. The blade of the 'Dragon Sword' is roughly as long as a human forearm, which allows for greater maneuverability when spinning and rotating during close-quarters fighting. It also has a small crossguard to protect the hands of the wielder, which can also be used to block or hook an opponent's weapon. So, using this sword, Hwang is ready to face the rebels.

One of the rebels runs towards Hwang and tries to stab him with his axe, but Hwang, hearing him, is able to cut off his head. An other rebel attacks Hwang with his axe, but Hwang is able to block five times his enemy's attacks with his sword and then he stabs the rebel in the stomach. The third and final rebel hits with his axe Hwang's back, but the axe has no effect on him. Hwang then uses the crossguard of his sword to hook his enemy's axe, which he throws away.

"Why can't you be stabbed?!" the surprised rebel asks.

"Because I have mastered the 'Iron Armor' technique." Hwang replies. "And, I do not even need a sword to kill you. I will finish you off with my Fists of Fury!"

Hwang throws away his sword and punches his right fist on the rebel's stomach. The fist is so strong, that it penetrates into the man's body, and Hwang pulls out his enemy's liver. He then punches his left fist on the rebel's face. The fist is so strong that the rebel's head is cut off and falls on the ground.

"Hahahaha!! Those are my Fists of Fury! Cough, cough."

Suddenly, Hwang starts coughing and falls on the ground. Yehenar runs to help him.

"Sir, are you ok?"

"I am...cough...cough..it..is...just that every time I use my Fists of Fury, I exhaust my energy."

Meanwhile, Chan practises his stance with Ma. Chan, in order to have a stable stance, is ordered by Ma to perfom 100 push ups with him in his back. Sweaty and exhausted, after 70 push ups, Chan cannot stand it any more.

"Teacher, I cannot do this any more. At least get off my back."

Ma, who is taking a nap on Chan's back and is smoking with his pipe, replies "If you want to learn Kung Fu, you have to suffer. Now, shut up and continue with your exercise."

"Teacher..."

"Continue, lazy dog!!"

And so, Chan continues. When he finishes the push ups, he thinks that he will rest, but his teacher has other plans. He brings some bamboo sticks.

"Chan, it is time to practice the 'Kick of the Dragon'. I will throw bamboo sticks on the air and you will have to break them with a flying kick."

"I will try."

"There is not such thing as trying. You can either do it or not do it!"

Ma throws a bamboo stick in the air and Chan jumps. Chan indeed manages to perform a flying kick, but the kick hits the air instead of the bamboo stick.

"Try again!"

"I will, teacher."

Ma throws an other bamboo stick, but Chan once again fails to hit it. This is repeated again and again for many hours. Chan continues to practise with Ma, even in the darkness of night. During the night, it starts raining, but despite heavy raining, Chan continues his training and soon he is able to break bamboo sticks on the air with his flying kick.

General Hwang decides, after training in martial arts for three hours, to go to bed and sleep. Usually, Hwang sleeps only a few hours, very late in the night, but this time he wants to sleep early. As he is ready to lie down on his bed, he hears a weird noise. While most people would have not heard this noise, Hwang, being blind, depends on his hearing, and so he has developed his hearing so much that he can hear even the slightest noise and, because of that, he was able to hear the noise.

Suddenly, a masked man, wearing black clothes and a black mask, attacks Hwang with an axe. However, Hwang is able to hear the movements of the attacker and dodges the axe. He then kicks the man's stomach twice and runs away. As Hwang is ready to leave the room, the masked man jumps in front of him and punches his fists on Hwang's face. Hwang spits blood and falls on the ground, but he quickly gets up and kicks three times the assassin on the face.

Hearing the fighting, Yeharan rushes into the room, but as soon as he comes, the assassin kicks him in the face with a powerful kick and he loses his consciousness. Hwang tries to hit the man, but he is able to block all of Hwang's attacks. The man then goes on the offensive, grabbing Hwang from the hair with his left hand and punching his right elbow on his face. Hwang, bleeding, kicks the man on the stomach, forcing him to let him down.

"Damn....assassin!" Hwang shouts in pain and anger. "I am going to use the Fists of Fury!!"

The man tries to kick Hwang, but Hwang blocks his attack and then he punches his right fist on the man's stomach. The fist is so strong, that it penetrates into the man's body, and Hwang pulls out the intestine of the man. Hwang then punches his left fist on the man's genetic organs and breaks them. The man, screaming, dies. Hwang, coughing, falls on the ground.

"Cough, cough....I should use less the Fists of Fury."

The day after the assassination attempt, Chan and Ma continue their training. This time, Ma has brought seven wooden poles and puts on top of each one of them a vase.

"Chan!"

"Yes, teacher."

"Today you shall learn the 'Tail of the Dragon'. Using the skills you've learned in the past few days, you will break each one of the wooden poles with your fist and then break, while on the air, the vase on top of them using a twisting kick. For each vase that falls on the ground and for each pole that you fail to break with your first hit, you will do 400 push ups with me sitting on top of you!"

Chan begins his training. Thanks to the hard practising of the past days, he is able to break the wooden poles with ease and breaks the vases while on the air with his powerful twisting kicks. He has managed to become from a novice and a punching bag to a skilled fighter with lethal fists and kicks.

Part 4:

The next day, Li School, Chan's room

Huang and Ma have come to Chan's room to talk and drink some wine. However, soon the wine finishes.

"I have an idea!" Huang says. "Why don't we all go to the tavern where I work?"

"That's a good idea!" Chan replies. "Let's go to the tavern."

As the three men are ready to leave, a student comes in Chan's room.

"Hey, you idiot. The Master wants you."

"Ma and Huang, go to the tavern. I will become coming soon."

A few moments later, in Li school's training room

Once Chan arrives in the training room, which is crowded with students practising, Master Li claps and shouts at his students "Stop training! Stop training!".

"Students, your fellow student, Wang Yu, will fight against Chan, using the Bai Mai Kai Sek technique."

The Master then turns on Chan.

"Chan, try to defend yourself. Not that you can do much except for sitting like a punching bag, but anyway. Hahahha."

Wang, angry and furious, wants revenge for his humiliation in the tavern. So, he plans to use this exercise to "accidently" kill Chan. Wang begins the battle with Bai. He tries to punch his left fist on Chan's face, but Chan uses his left hand to block Wang's attack and punches his right fist on Wang's face. Wang, spits blood and is pushed back.

After this, Wang tries Mai. He tries to hit Chan with a flying kick, but Chan dodges his enemy's kick. Wang, then, tries Kai. He attacks Chan with a twisting kick, but Chan grabs Wang's leg with his two hands and breaks it using his knee. Wang falls on the ground bleeding. A few seconds later, he tries to get up, but Chan kicks him on the face with a powerful kick. Wang's nose is broken and his face is red with blood.

"That's enough!" Master Li shouts. "Chan, come to my room!"

"Yes, Master Li."

While Chan heads to his master's room, Hwang trains in martial arts. Hwang knows that he was almost killed yesterday and in order to avoid getting again into such a situation, he trains even harder. However, Yeharan interrupts him and brings him news about the Shaolin Monk Ma.

"Sir, I am sorry to interrupt your training, but I want to inform you about the Shaolin Monk Ma."

"What is it? Did you find anything?"

"Some of our spies have told me that they have seen an old man, that meets the description of Ma, visiting many times the Li school during the past few days."

"Yeharan, gather a force of 200 men! We shall destroy the Li school!!"

"But, sir, we do not have enough evidence."

"I do not care if you are wrong. This bastard Li and his school have become too powerful and I always wanted to find an excuse to destroy the Li school. So, even if you are wrong, I do not care, since now I have an excuse to kill Li and destroy his school. Hahaha!"

"Ok, sir. I shall prepare the men."

A few minutes later, Li school, in Master Li's room

Li and Chan come to Li's room. The room is small, as it has only one chair, a wooden table and a small bed. Master Li sits on the chair and talks to Chan with a soft voice. "You have improved Chan. Good. Maybe, I could accept you as my student."

"I thank you, Master Li." Chan says with tears in his eyes. "All those years, you have been kind to me and you have given me shelter. You have been like a father to me. Thank you."

"Chan, all those years, I humiliated you and had you as a punching bag in order to discourage you from learning Kung Fu. The reason of this is you father."

"But, you always said to me that you did not knew who my father was!" Chan shouts, shocked with his Master's revelation.

"I knew him. He once was my student, one of my best. I learned to him Kung Fu, and he used it to steal, rape and kill."

"No! That can't be! That is not true!!"

"It is. In the end, he got himself and his wife killed. Once I learned this, I decided to find you and grow you up. However, as you grew up, you wanted to learn Kung Fu. I was fearing that Kung Fu would destroy you, like it destroyed your father. So, that's why I humiliated you again and again. I did this, so you could hate Kung Fu. But, now that you have learned Kung Fu from someone else, I cannot continue this anymore. I admit, it was a mistake to do all this to you in the first place. But, now, I hope that I will be able to make up for all those years. I shall accept you as my student."

"Master, you should not feel sorry! I am grateful to you and I will never be able to repay your kindness."

Suddenly, a student runs into the Master Li's room.

"Master....I have news."

"What is it?"

"Hwang, the Qing general, has come to our school and wants to talk to you."

Master Li and Chan run to meet General Hwang in the training room. There, they find him waiting along with two Qing spearmen.

"General Hwang." Master Li calmly says. "It is an honor to have you here."

"Shut up, old bastard!!" Hwang shouts with fury. "My spies have told me that you have connections with Ming rebels."

"Then your spies are lying! I have always been loyal to the Emperor and I have never got involved into politics! And I shall not accept insults from you!!"

Instead of giving a reply, Hwang kicks Li's face with his right leg. He then grabs Master Li from his beard with his left hand and punches his right fist again and again on Li's face, before Li kicks him on his genetic organs, forcing Hwang to let him down.

"Master Li!" Chan shouts. "Go back! I will fight him!"

"No!! Stay back!"

Li tries to kick Hwang, but he dodges all of Li's attacks and then he kicks him twice on the stomach. Seeing his teacher in danger, Wang Yu, despite being injured because of his previous fight with Chan, tries to hit Hwang, but he kicks with a powerful flying kick Wang's lung and then kicks Wang's face with a twisting kick.

"Master......" Wang, spitting blood and being barely able to speak, says. "I...I...I have disappointed you..."

After saying those words, Wang dies, while, at the same time, Hwang laughs at how easily he was able to kill one of Li's best students. Li, furious with the death of Wang, kicks three times Hwang's face and he then punches his fists more then thirty times on Hwang's stomach. Hwang, spitting blood, decides to use his Fists of Fury.

"Li! You will have a taste of my Fists of Fury!!"

However, Li is able to dodge both of Hwang's fists. Hwang, coughing and weak, falls on the ground. As Li is ready to attack Hwang, the two Qing spearmen try to stab Li with their spears. While Li is able to dodge the attack of the first spearman, the second is able to stab him with his spear on the stomach, before Li punches a powerful fist on his face, killing him. Seeing his Master injured and bleeding, Chan tuns towards him.

"Master! Are you ok?"

"Chan! Leave!"

"But I cannot leave you here to die!"

"Leave now! It is an order! Go away from the school! Leave in order to stay alive and be able to take revenge for me and my school!"

"I will, Master. I will!!"

As Chan leaves the school, Li kicks the other spearman on the face, killing him. Meanwhile, Hwang has regained his strength and goes on the offensive. He pulls out his 'Dragon Sword' and attacks Li. While Li dodges five times Hwang's attacks, Hwang's sixth attack is a success. His 'Dragon Sword' cuts off the head of Master Li, killing him.

"Men!!!" Hwang shouts. "Attack!!!"

Suddenly, more than 160 Qing spearmen, led by Yeharan, enter the school and start killing Li's students. The few brave and skilled students are able to cause huge casualties on the Qing. With their fists and legs as their only weapons, they fight against spears and swords. They break bones and dismember Qing soldiers. They fight on top of tens of bodies of dead Qing soldiers. But the numbers of the Qing prove to be too much for the few heroes to handle. And so, one after the other, the few heroic men die. The screaming of the dead is heard all over the place. Hwang, after killing all the students, has his archers to shoot flaming arrows at the Li school, which goes up in flames. The largest and most famous Kung Fu school in Shandong is no more.

Part 5:

Chan, after almost half an hour of running, reaches the Tavern where Ma and Huang are. He finds Huang and Ma sitting on a table, drinking wine and eating some rice. Huang, seeing Chan furious and running, understands that something went wrong.

"Chan!" Huang says. "What has happened?!"

"General Hwang...destroyed the school and killed my Master!!!" Chan, with fury and anger, shouts. "They are searching for you, Ma!"

"I knew it." Ma says, with tears in his eyes. "I knew it that he would find me. I will leave for the Mount Emei in Sichuan Province. There, I will find refuge in one of the 70 monasteries and I will try to find out if any other Shaolin Monk has survived. As for you two, you better leave this town, and go on your separate way. If you follow me, Hwang will hunt you down and kill you."

"No!" Chan replies. "I will follow you and make sure that you get alive to your destination. Also, I have a score to settle with this Manchu bastard!"

So, a few hours later, Chan, Huang and Ma begin their journey to Mount Emei in Sichuan Province. They only take with them three small bags, which contain a few clothes, and three bamboo sticks, which could be used for self defence. For more than a week, they travel on the dirt road that leads to Sichuan. They travel both day and night, hoping to escape Hwang. But general Hwang is not someone who would allow his enemy to escape.

In the tenth day of their journey, the three heroes can see two men running towards them. Soon, as the two men come close, their identity is revealed. They are general Hwang and Yeharan.

"Hahaha!" Hwnag laughs. "I've found you at last!"

"You bastard!!" Chan shouts. "I shall take revenge for my Master's death!"

"Huang!" Ma says. "Attack and kill Yeharan, while me and Chan fight Hwang."

"I shall kill the Qing dog!"

And so an epic duel begins. Ma tries to kick Hwang on the face, but Hwang dodges all of his opponent's kicks and he then punches his fists on Ma's stomach twice, pushing him back. Chan tries to help his teacher by kicking Hwang's back, only to fall on the ground after Hwang kicks him on the face with a back kick.

Meanwhile, Yeharan and Huang fight. Yeharan punches his right elbow on Huang's face, pushing him back. Huang, however, is able to dodge all other attacks of Yehanar and soon he goes on the offensive, kicking Yehanar's genetic organs and hitting with his fists Yehanar's stomach again and again.

At the same time, Ma kicks Hwang's face with a powerful flying kick, while Chan punches his fists on Hwang's stomach. However, Hwang counterattacks by kicking Chan with a twisting kick and then grabing Ma from his beard with his left hand and kicking his face on his right knee. Both Ma and Chan are bleeding.

"Hahaha. Now, I will finish you off both with my Fists of Fury!!!"

"Teacher!" Chan shouts. "Throw me a bag!!"

As Chan talks, he is kicked on the face by Hwang, who then tries to punch his right fist on Chan's stomach, but Chan dodges the fist, and manages to capture the bag thrown to him by Ma. Hwang then tries to hit Chan with his left fist, but Chan uses the bag as a shield, and Hwang's fist punches the bag instead of Chan. Hwang, having exhausted his energy, is coughing and weak. So, Chan and Ma are able to attack him. Ma punches his fist on Hwang's right ear while Chan hits Hwang's left ear. Hwang, with his ears bleeding, cannot hear anything. With his hearing gone, he is totally defenseless. So, Chan kicks with a powerful flying kick Hwang's face. Hwang, screaming in pain, dies. At the same time, Huang punches a very powerful fist on Yehanar's face, killing him.

With their enemies dead, the three heroes continue their journey to Mount Emei, which they reach after four weeks.

THE END
 machievelli
10-19-2013, 10:25 AM
read

NSW Kung Fu story: A young boy learns the hard way

Since you've improved, maybe you'll also follow my suggestion for a beta reader? You still tend to use phrasing that doesn't make sense at first glance, and that detracted from the pleasure of reading. Just a suggestion.

The only negative for the story itself I had with it was the treatment of the main character by his master. It wasn't until later that you had the old man explain why, which helped a bit. However his new master Ma is almost as bad, with even less reason for it. However having once watched a lot of the old Kung Fu movies, I did see you following the 'wimp becomes master' method of such stories.
 christos200
10-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Since you've improved, maybe you'll also follow my suggestion for a beta reader? You still tend to use phrasing that doesn't make sense at first glance, and that detracted from the pleasure of reading. Just a suggestion.

A friend has agreed to be my beta reader, so I will follow your suggestion for my next story.
 machievelli
10-19-2013, 11:15 PM
good! Hope to see more
Page: 1 of 1