Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

M4-78 Enhancement Project

Page: 1 of 1
 zbyl2
12-28-2012, 2:08 PM
DOWNLOAD FROM DEADLYSTREAM (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/277-m4-78-enhancement-project/)
DOWNLOAD FROM MODDB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads/m4-78-enhancement-project)

THE SITH LORDS RESTORED CONTENT MOD ADD-ON:
M4-78 Enhancement Project

1. Description:
----------
This mod adds the planet of M4-78 to the game, where you can find living Master Vash. Planet is only available after finishing Korriban. You will find a clue on how to get to M4-78 in Korriban's Sith Academy.

Features:
* Brand new planet consisting of seven new, unique locations!
* Over two hours of additional gameplay!
* Explore the mysterious Droid's Planet in a dialog-heavy adventure, with over 1000 lines of voiced dialogs!
* Your actions on M4-78 have impact on other planets, making it feel like a legitimate part of the game!
* Restored previously unavailable unique droid items for your party members!

Please note that for now, M4-78 Enhancement Project is only compatible with English version of a game. If possible, we'll try to support it with translations same way we supported TSLRCM - but given amount of text on a planet, it may take a while to translate.
In the meantime, it's *possible* to run this mod with non-english versions of a game using DLGConverter - visit our forums for further assistance.

2. Installation:
----------
1. First, you will need to get most up-to-date version of TSL Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM). It's available for download here: http://deadlystream....ed-content-mod/)
Please note that M4-78EP will NOT work AT ALL without TSLRCM.
2. Follow TSLRCM's installation instructions.
3. Once TSLRCM is successfully installed, run M4-78EP.exe. Installer will ask you where you want to install a mod - it should figure out where TSLRCM is installed by itself, so you probably won't need to change that. If, for some reason, installer shows incorrect folder, make sure you change it to directory where KotOR 2 is installed (where swkotor2.exe is located, NOT any of subfolders).
4. While we try our best to make this mod as bug-free as possible, with the many options of KOTOR2 and our small testing team it can happen that bugs, including critical ones, pass through. We will fix them, so check our site for any potential updates and patches.
5. Install any compatible mods you desire now.

3. UNINSTALLATION
----------
Run uninstall program created in your game's main directory.

4. CREDITS
--------------------------------------------------
» PROJECT LEADERS
- Zbyl2 - Project Leader, scripting, storyline/dialog writing & editing, voice over auditions, texture editing and more
- Stoney - Former project leader, scripting, storyline/dialog writing & editing, texture editing, modelling and more

» THE TEAM
- Hassat Hunter - dialog correction, scripting, bug fixing

» STORYLINE
- Sharen Thrawn - former lead writer
- Lord of Hunger - storyline ideas
- JCarter426 - storyline writing/ideas for the Industrial Zone
- Sith Holocron - input on storyline and planet's past

» MODELLING/TEXTURING
- Stoney............................................ .............................................many new or edited placeable objects
- Quanon............................................ .............................................Archo n models
- Khrizby........................................... .............................................new animations and fixed models
- Redrob41.......................................... .............................................droid re-skins
- 90SK.............................................. .............................................A LOT OF droid re-skins
- Sith Holocron.......................................... ........................................animated screen textures

» BETA TESTING
- Stoney
- Hassat Hunter
- Qui-Gon Glenn
- Atton Rand
- Nsinger998
- LDR
- Zhaboka
- drunklol
- arekushu
- twdarkeh
- dashrendar
- Sith Holocron

» VOICE ACTING
M4-78's Main AI................................................ ..................................Sith Holocron
Researcher/KL-92................................................ .................................Edwyn Tiong
Greeter Droid............................................. .......................................Ripulesyou
Random Design Droids............................................ .................................Drew Mochak
Additional Industrial Zone Droids............................................ ....................ThisIsSnaik
Kaah Ohtok............................................. ..........................................Zhaboka
Force Field Operator.......................................... ...................................Trayusstudent
Main Information Unit.............................................. ..............................JCarter426
War Droids/Central Zone's Maintenance Unit/Force Field Operator..................................Caleb Woodard
Sith Soldier........................................... ..........................................Mrcharlt on
Information Unit.............................................. ...................................James Beagon
Environmental Droid............................................. .................................Revan411
Central Zone Unit.............................................. ..................................90SK
CS-28................................................ ............................................Dylan
Environmental Archon............................................ .................................Louise du Cray
Security System............................................ ......................................Ghostlyhambu rger
Medical Units............................................. .......................................ABagOfVicod in
Additional Construction Droid/Landing Arm Supervisor........................................ .....Sonbiru "Dr. Son"
Cleaners' Boss.............................................. .....................................Daniel Conner
IS-02................................................ ............................................Nolan Tashijan
Additional Environmental Units............................................. ......................Tuomas "Iterator" Kuosmanen
Fight Witness........................................... .........................................Adam Brennecke
Main Manufacturing Unit.............................................. ............................Kevin Smets
Re-programmed Maintenance Unit.............................................. .....................Jaedar

» VOICE SPLICING
- Sith Holocron
- HK-47

5. DISTRIBUTION NOTES
----------
This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the authors.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Have fun!
 TWINKEYRUNAWAY
12-28-2012, 2:39 PM
:D hot dog! Thanks to everyone who worked on this....now I have a reason to play tsl for the first time in my life and im going to enjoy it in its fullest thanks to all of you ladies and gentlemen.
 90SK
12-28-2012, 8:58 PM
Juicy, and delicious! I can't wait to play this, congratulations on a successful release!
 zbyl2
12-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Moddb link is now up as well, for those having trouble (like slow download speeds) on deadlystream: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads/m4-78-enhancement-project)
 tnu
12-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Is this real? M4-78 is finally out? My god I can't wait to sink my teeth in to this. should I start a new game or can I run it with an exisitng game so long as I have a Pre-Korriban Save?
 Sith Holocron
12-29-2012, 4:23 AM
Greetings all!

A reminder: please post plot-related questions in spoiler tags so no one's experience accidentally gets ruined unintentionally.

Thanks!
 zbyl2
12-29-2012, 7:20 AM
My god I can't wait to sink my teeth in to this. should I start a new game or can I run it with an exisitng game so long as I have a Pre-Korriban Save?

Any pre-Korriban save will work :)
 tnu
12-29-2012, 10:18 AM
This is amazing! I have to ask though. What happens to Kaah if I ask him to come iwth me? I tell him ot meet me at the Ebon Hawk but I don't really see any indication of him. Am I missing something?
 Sith Holocron
12-29-2012, 11:02 AM
This is amazing! I have to ask though. What happens to Kaah if I ask him to come with me? I tell him to meet me at the Ebon Hawk but I don't really see any indication of him. Am I missing something?

Answered via PM
 zbyl2
12-29-2012, 1:29 PM
This is amazing! I have to ask though. What happens to Kaah if I ask him to come iwth me? I tell him ot meet me at the Ebon Hawk but I don't really see any indication of him. Am I missing something?

You should see his "death scene" after exitting the core - after you let him go and talked to M4-78 again.

Overall, how did you like it? Any favorite bits? (or anything you didn't particularly like) I just really want to hear people's opinions on the planet :D
 JCarter426
12-29-2012, 5:04 PM
At zbyl2's request I've recorded a walkthrough for the mod. Unfortunately I'm really laz- er... busy, so I'm only posting one part a day so I have time to catch up.

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riunuUeOQuM)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeH0V4O4juM)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn8FljFjOVc)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_UXbrwy1ZA)
Part 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7cuyXeqzA)
Part 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SX_7p4CsIs)
Part 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3e9s6Gpxg)
 logan23
12-30-2012, 3:51 PM
Congrats on the Release!

Downloading it and the TSL RCM 1.8.2

Now it's time to start a new game character =)

Thank you
 Xarwarz
12-31-2012, 3:28 PM
excellent work all involved in the project
 MrBluevelt
01-02-2013, 7:30 AM
This was a welcome addition to the game. I didn't enjoy it as much as the recently released "Jedi Masters" mod, but thought M4-78 was more polished overall.

- The planet feels "populated," which is important. It felt like there were plenty of people to talk to and several side side quests.

- The planet feels like it's "part" of the larger game, which is also critical.

- The opening, where everyone on the ship is shown on the platform, makes the planet feel important and dangerous, which is great to set the mood.

- What you've done with Obsidian's original area designs is amazing. M4-78 and the Archon chambers were just wonderful -- a visual delight. I loved just looking at them.

- The main plot is very well-done, taking from, but vastly improving upon, the original M4-78 mod I played years ago. I love that there are repercussions for other planets. So far, I've only noticed Telos , but hope to see the impact on other worlds.

- The droid-as-PC dialogue was very well-done.

- The integration of Master Vash's dialogue was very well-done also.

- The ES Archon voice-over was phenomenal.

Dislikes

- The biggest problem for me was that the Industrial Zone was almost impossible for me to travel through due constant freezing and lagging. I often had to use the warp feature. However, my computer's old, so I can't blame that on you guys at all. I figure the proliferation of smoke is what locked me up, and I can't very well criticize the mod for including a nice detail that I would have enjoyed if I had a better graphics card.

- The quality of the voice acting varied quite a bit, as did the quality of the "mechanization" effects used. Some of the performances/audio quality were rough.

- Some of the droid dialogue overdoes it on the "these droids have personality" angle. I think the smarmy quality is given to too many of them, and that it goes over-the-top at times.

- Some of the splicing was really, really bad, such as: Grenn saying "droid planet." I think it would have been better trying to find someone who could reasonably approximate the Obsidian actor's voice for something small like that.

- Khah has a little bit of "Anakin Syndrome," where his fall to the Dark Side feels more like teen angst than something dangerous. I know he's just a padawan, but he seems more like a whiny child than a Jedi-in-training.
- A lot of the main quest and some of the side quests, particularly the early portion of the main quest, felt like busy work and weren't especially engaging.

- The Khah death didn't really make sense to me. 1) M4-78 says he'll turn the assault droids on them; 2) Khah turns M4-78 off; 3) Assault droid kills Khah; and 4) Exile gets to leave without any trouble from assault droids? I would have thought that once Khah shut off M4-78, everything would have been gravy. But if he was still attacked, why wouldn't the Exile have been attacked?
BOTTOM LINE

This clearly took a lot of work, and you guys turned out a product that felt pretty polished for a fan mod. I enjoyed playing it, will include it in future playthroughs, and am so appreciative of everyone's efforts to make something the KOTOR community can enjoy. You should be very proud (and I'm sure you are, since you even got a thumbs-up from Obsidian's original M4-78 designer).

Thanks for your work, and very well done! :thumbsup:
 zbyl2
01-02-2013, 8:11 AM
Nice post, thanks for your feedback!

- The biggest problem for me was that the Industrial Zone was almost impossible for me to travel through due constant freezing and lagging. I often had to use the warp feature. However, my computer's old, so I can't blame that on you guys at all. I figure the proliferation of smoke is what locked me up, and I can't very well criticize the mod for including a nice detail that I would have enjoyed if I had a better graphics card.
Yes, it can lag a bit, and loading takes some time. It's like that due to large number of NPCs and placeable objects in the area - but seeing how huge this zone is, we can't really have any less.
It was even larger at one point and I was forced to remove some stuff from there (loading zone used to have more stuff in it, and there were more holograms displayed in the Design Departments, for example).

- Some of the droid dialogue overdoes it on the "these droids have personality" angle. I think the smarmy quality is given to too many of them, and that it goes over-the-top at times.
Can you give some examples?

- Some of the splicing was really, really bad, such as: Grenn saying "droid planet." I think it would have been better trying to find someone who could reasonably approximate the Obsidian actor's voice for something small like that.
:(
Using other people to try mimic already existing characters' voices is something I'd never do (it's hard enough to find good actors for new roles ;)). Splicing is never perfect, but personally, I think we did a pretty good job with some party members' lines on M4-78. I agree Grenn could sound better - I actually have few alternate lines for his "M4-78 fuel" conversation, none of them perfect.

- The Khah death didn't really make sense to me. 1) M4-78 says he'll turn the assault droids on them; 2) Khah turns M4-78 off; 3) Assault droid kills Khah; and 4) Exile gets to leave without any trouble from assault droids? I would have thought that once Khah shut off M4-78, everything would have been gravy. But if he was still attacked, why wouldn't the Exile have been attacked?
Notice how M4-78's command was never canceled.
There wasn't much to do after his death, either. Exile didn't see his death (idea is he's still in the elevator from the core to the Central Zone when it happens), so couldn't see who did it. I'd like party members to comment on it, but we didn't have proper VOs we could use - plus exile might not have any party members with him at this point.
 Sith Holocron
01-02-2013, 8:12 AM
About this, MrBluevelt . . .

The Kaah death didn't really make sense to me.
1) M4-78 says he'll turn the assault droids on them;
2) Kaah turns M4-78 off; 3)
Assault droid kills Kaah; and
4) Exile gets to leave without any trouble from assault droids?

I would have thought that once Kaah shut off M4-78, everything would have been gravy. But if he was still attacked, why wouldn't the Exile have been attacked?

SPOILERS obviously . . .
Kaah's pride got to him, obviously. He even says "We'll worry about that we get there" when you ask him about the Battle Droids being commanded to attack him on sight. Kaah leaves before the Exile speaks to M4-78 again. M4-78 last orders before the hack was completed went through. Since the Exile talks to M4-78 and gets acknowledged as the "new" colonist, he's exempt from that order. Besides, the attack was focused on the danger to M4-78 core - which was specifically Kaah.
 Col_Zechs
02-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Need help. Stuck with wrong code but it is actually the right one but since I destroyed to patrol warbots it said it was incorrect. Don't know what to do next to get past the door to advance. Please help?
 Xavier1985
02-04-2013, 12:31 PM
the code is right as to how many robots there are currently, but then you destroy two (i think it's 2)... so you have the number of robots, but that number no longer represents how many on the planet there are... the planet now has 2 less robots..

the code, when entering it has to reflect this ;)
 Col_Zechs
02-05-2013, 12:02 PM
I uploaded the new reports in the central zone terminal but when I go back to IS-43 I don't get any new dialogue, nothing happens?
 maltron66
07-03-2013, 1:13 PM
I'd definitely include this in my "top 5 kotor 2 mods". Now, if only the industrial zone wasn't lagging so much...
Page: 1 of 1