Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to find the clothes you want to edit with KotOR Tool?

Page: 1 of 1
 Tyler Hartman
08-15-2012, 8:17 PM
I can find the section to find clothes and stuff but theyre ordered like PMB??? PMC??? and such. Is there a guide to lead me to what i want to find?

Like combat robes would = PMC???.
 Kr1ffing_Br1lliant
08-17-2012, 4:25 AM
PMC stands for Player Male Character and I believe PMB stands for Player Male Body , but what I do is just double-click the texture text and look at the image preview. After all there are more variables like light, medium, and heavy armor.
 Tyler Hartman
08-17-2012, 7:23 PM
Yeah i open up the previews too i just thought there might be a guide out there that labels all the options to what they belong to so i could make sure i wasnt editing the wrong object because it looked similiar.
 Kr1ffing_Br1lliant
08-18-2012, 2:05 AM
Ah. Well I tried looking for FAQs and google and couldn't find a guide like that. Hopefully maybe you can find something.

The only other advice I have is to just by changing the texture and adding it into your override, then testing them in-game by equipping the armor you want to edit; but that is a tedious process :(
 Tyler Hartman
08-20-2012, 1:39 AM
Thats what it looks like ill have to do then.
 Darth DeadMan
08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Texture names are very self-explaining (at least for me). Lets take PMBC01 for example.
P - Player
M - Male
B - Body
C - model C (from appearance.2da)
01 - texture number (called texture variation in armor *.uti)

If you need to know what model slot (from appearance.2da) is used for your item, check baseitems.2da (bodyvar column is what you are looking for)
 Tyler Hartman
08-20-2012, 8:29 PM
Still not sure about .2da that much but i thinkthats exactly what i needed to know. Cool thanks.
Page: 1 of 1