Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Darkness Within

Page: 1 of 13
 Chevron 7 locke
04-30-2012, 9:34 PM
The Jedi Order has been betrayed from within

Master Voleran, one of the Jedi Order's most powerful members has defected to the Sith Empire with nearly all of the knowledge that the Republic and the Jedi Order have collected since the Fall of Coruscant. If he is not stopped from reaching the Sith with this information, the Republic and the Jedi Order could end up facing a new war with the Sith Empire.

The Republic and Jedi Order are in agreement: The rouge Jedi Master must be caught or killed before the information reaches the sith. The Republic is now putting together a small strike force to intercept Voleran before he can reach his sith allies.

Coruscant
Senate Tower Briefing Room

Zarev Avera walked through the corridors of the senate tower with a mixture of determination and sadness. He had heard the rumors from Tython, that someone had managed to steal important data and had tried to flee with it. He was hoping that they had managed to capture the criminal before whoever it was had caused too much damage to the temple.

If I had managed to save Master Beval perhaps he could have stopped this from happening. He thought sadly as he arrived at the room where the briefing concerning the security breach was going to take place. Zarev was still torn up about the loss of his master, knowing that he could have saved him if he had arrived just a moment earlier.

As he walked in he saw three others already in the room. One was wearing the robes of a jedi master and the second one that was standing was wearing the uniform of a republic military officer. One with the rank of a general.

He turned to the solder that was sitting in the chair and the solder stared back at him. One thing that Zarev noticed before he turned away was that the solder had the insigna of Havoc squad on his shoulder.

Hmmm...As I recall, Havic squad is one of the Republic's top special forces units. Something important must have happened if Havoc Squad is involved.
The republic officer nodded once and motioned for the jedi to sit down. "We'll be waiting for the others to arrive before we begin the briefing. We have assembled the finest individuals in republic space to help deal with this situation."
 Warlord664
04-30-2012, 11:15 PM
"Destination reached." Corsail Opened his eyes as the ships AI system spoke. "Already? I was hoping I would have enough time to take a quick nap." Corsail had just recently completed a job he recieved from some nobles on Alderaan, he wasn't expecting another job so soon, and certently not so big.

He hadn't taken many assignments directly from the republic, to be honest he didn't really like the republic, but with the amount of credits they were offering he couldn't refuse.

Corsail walked down his ship landing ramp into the Coruscant docking bay, he saw a republic bay worker fixing a computer terminal. Corsail shivered at the thought that he could be living a boring life like that. "I guess everyone doesn't have the luck I have." he said. "Hmm.... Didn't even give me a map to the senate tower."

Corsail saw a republic trooper standing duty. "Hey, can you point me in the direction of the senate tower? Haven't been here to Coruscant much." The trooper turned to look at Corsail. "It's the biggest building around, you can't miss it, Just follow the walk way and you'll see it."

Corsail continued to walk down the walk way. Republic troopers are all the same, each one with the personality of a womprat. "Wow, It really is big." he said outloud. He walked into the nearest elevator and reached the senate tower briefing room. As he walked in he saw the small group sitting at a large meeting table. "Did I miss anything?"
 Yukub
05-01-2012, 5:06 AM
Traver steered his ship towards the landing pad, while holding the comlink in his hand. ''This is the 'Goddess of Mercy', requesting to land.'' Traver stored the comlink away. ''This is Senate Control, you are clear to land.'' Traver maneuvered the ship to the landing pad and turned the engines off. He opened the ramp and walked out. ''Wonder what's happened, with all this mess going on.''

He entered the Senate and took the elevator. He took some stairs and then walked into the briefing room. ''Hey'a Folks! What's up?'' While looking around the room. Some soldiers, Jedi, and some guy. He sat down at a chair. ''Big mess coming up, eh?''
 LDR
05-01-2012, 6:55 AM
Kif walked through the corridors of the Senate Tower. Gee, what's caused such a stir?, he wondered as he saw more Republic troopers in the perpendicular corridor. Ah, here we are., he thought as he entered the briefing room.

The first thing he saw was a man in a wide hat.

Hey'a Folks! What's up? Big mess coming up, eh?

A smile crossed his face as he took a seat next to the man.

"Traver, you been chewing spice? You weren't this jolly last time I saw ya."

Varik's mind was a hodge-podge of incomprehensible whispers and thought. All of the different voices...

Aggh!..., he cursed as he slammed his fist into a wall - creating a very noticeable dent in the wall.

The whispers seemingly dimmed to a barely noticeable sound, he strode into the briefing room.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me.", he said, grinning, as he saw his two favorite smugglers in the room. He sat on the other side of Traver.

"I guess big Republic problems have a way of bringing us together. This was the last place I'd expect to see either of you.", he said, grinning.
 Warlord664
05-02-2012, 8:44 AM
Corsail sat waiting at the meeting table. He wondered how many people were going to come to this meeting, there were already serveral people in the room.

''Hey'a Folks! What's up?''

As he heard the voice he looked up, a man with a ridiculously large hat had just walked in. The man strolled over to the meeting table and took a seat.

''Big mess coming up, eh?''

Shortly after a twilek walked in. How big is this mission? If any more people come were going to have an army. he thought to himself. A few minutes afterwards a jedi walked and took a seat beside the man with the hat and the twilek. "How many more people are coming before we start this meeting? he asked. I do have better things to do then sit around you know."
 MsFicwriter
05-02-2012, 2:27 PM
Per'dra Yllari, now a Jedi Knight, strode quickly into the Senate Tower Briefing Room. She had always been proud of her punctuality, but oddly enough, she was late today. A Master had defected from their Order to the Empire, and Per'dra wanted to know why before she even thought about igniting her silver saberstaff. "Sorry I'm late," she panted, a little out of breath. "I was on an errand for my own Master, and forgot all about the time..." Sitting down, she folded her legs into a lotus position and perked up her ever-inquisitive ears.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-02-2012, 3:51 PM
"How many more people are coming before we start this meeting? he asked. I do have better things to do then sit around you know."

The jedi turned to look as the final member of what was to be the strike force arrived. He smiled at her as she took a seat and waited.

"I apologize for the delay in starting the briefing. We needed to make sure that everyone was here before we started." The Republic General looked over the small group of individuals. "Last night, Grand Master Satele Shan contacted us and told us that someone in the temple had accessed their data banks and retrieved a massive amount of information that included the location of the Jedi Temple on Tython along with our most recent security codes and locations of our spies in Imperial space along with other important information."

The General moved over to the holoprojector and hit a button and the holographic image of a human wearing the robes of a Jedi Master appeared.

"This is Jedi Master Voleran. He was found to be missing from the Temple last night and his shuttle was missing from the hanger. The Temple was placed on lockdown after he was found to be missing."

The solder with the havoc squad insigna on his armor nodded as the Jedi looked over at him. "This is Vlalkor Hevron, a member of Havoc squad that has had experience with force sensative individuals."

Vlalkor waved at the group as the jedi continued. "Both the Jedi and the Republic are in agreement: Master Voleran has defected to the Sith Empire and he must be either captured or killed before he manages to deliver the data to the sith."

The General hit another button and a planet appeared in the holographic field. "This is Tatooine, we believe that Voleran sent a transmission to the planet but we're not exactly sure what he sent but it's the only lead we have."

The jedi looked over the group.

"Are there any questions?"
 Warlord664
05-02-2012, 4:14 PM

Corsail smiled. "I find it rather amusing that this jedi had full acess to such importent data, you jedi are far to trusting."

Corsail turned to look at the republic general, "If this jedi did defect, He probably has an imperial contact on tatooine. Do you have any republic soldiers stationed on tatooine? If so it might be a good idea for them to keep an eye out on the spaceport."
 MsFicwriter
05-02-2012, 6:37 PM

Per'dra raised her hand. "Do any of us know exactly why Master Voleran defected?" she asked. "I did not know him well, but rest assured that when he interacted with me, he never displayed any trace of falling to the Dark Side. Perhaps he was especially skilled at hiding his true intentions, even through manipulating the Force to do so. However, I doubt it because..." She sighed. "This is hard to explain, but no one wakes up and says 'I'll support the Sith, or even the Jedi, wholeheartedly today!' without some prior motive. Unless, of course, they suffered a psychotic break in the middle of the night." Giving an involuntary shudder, she asked, "What did Master Voleran want that he believed the Sith and their teachings could give him?"
 LDR
05-02-2012, 7:45 PM
"This is hard to explain, but no one wakes up and says 'I'll support the Sith, or even the Jedi, wholeheartedly today!' without some prior motive. Unless, of course, they suffered a psychotic break in the middle of the night." Giving an involuntary shudder, she asked, "What did Master Voleran want that he believed the Sith and their teachings could give him?"

"He probably got a little too close to a Sith artifact during one of his inquisitive escapades.", Varik replied - inadvertently describing the situation that he was in.

Kif butted in. "He most likely got tired of the Jedi's self-destructive path of pacifism and tolerance.", he said in his thick Huttese accent.
 MsFicwriter
05-03-2012, 2:40 AM
"He most likely got tired of the Jedi's self-destructive path of pacifism and tolerance."

Per'dra raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Was that a joke? If so, I don't get it. The Sith are the self-destructive ones, because betrayal and infighting are the very cornerstones of what they teach. As for pacifism and tolerance..." She trailed off. "I concede that maybe the Jedi Council was wrong, centuries ago, when they refused to support Revan in his fight to save the Outer Rim from the Mandalorians, but that's another issue." Her innards curdled at the tense silence that followed. "All I'm saying is that we Jedi strive for unity--to keep ourselves and the galaxy in one piece. Why did Voleran turn against this goal, and us?"
 Warlord664
05-03-2012, 6:30 AM
"What did Master Voleran want that he believed the Sith and their teachings could give him?"

Corsail turned his head to look at Per'dra, "It's really quite obvius, a man can only listen to that jedi code garbage for so long before he go's insane. When the first line of something says there is no emotion you knows somethings wrong."

Corsail leaned back in his chair, "Oh, and that last part, there is no death there is only the force." He let out a laugh,

"I hate to break your little dream world up but I see death all day long. Per'dra, every time you slice someone with your lightsaber, do you repeat that line?
 MsFicwriter
05-03-2012, 3:47 PM
"No. I'm too involved in the thick of battle to start thinking about our philosophy at that moment," the Jedi Knight replied. She was hesitant to bring up her own doubts about the first line of her Order's Code, however. All she said next was, "I have also seen death, and believe me, if Master Voleran carries out his plans in conjunction with the Sith, there will be plenty." She decided to ignore Corsail for the moment and returned her attention to the Republic General. Getting involved in petty arguments at this point would solve nothing.
 LDR
05-03-2012, 9:42 PM
"I hate to break your little dream world up but I see death all day long. Per'dra, every time you slice someone with your lightsaber, do you repeat that line?"

Kif roared in laughter. "Glad to see someone with the same thought process as mine.", he said, then looking back at Per'dra. "You really want to know my views on Jedi? Jedi lie, they...-", Kif began.

Varik raised his hand over Kif's mouth to silence him. "Not now, we're in the middle of a debriefing."

As Kif glared at him, Varik finished. "You could continue it later. I promise."
 Chevron 7 locke
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
"Do any of us know exactly why Master Voleran defected?"

The General looked over at the Jedi Master and shrugged his shoulders. "The Jedi transmitted all of the information on Master Voleran that they possesed. He lost one of his students when the sith attacked the Temple and lost a squad of republic troops that were under his command during a skirmish with sith forces on Tatooine."

The General hit a few more buttons and a list of names appeared on a holographic screen. "Apparently Master Voleran has lost quite a few people who were close to him including his master. His Master was killed at the Jedi Temple when the sith attacked it and lost many of his friends during the war."

The Jedi Master sighed heavily. "We do have one theory as to why he may have defected. The loss of so many people who were close to him may have somehow twisted his mind so that he believes what he is doing is right. This is only a theory of course but it's the only one we have."

The General looked over the group and hit another control and the image of a ship appeared. "The Republic has issued you a ship so that you may track down Master Voleran. It's a modified Corellian Defender-class Light Corvette that has been modified with additional space so that more people can travel aboard it. If there are no more questions, then I suggest you get to the ship and travel to Tatooine as quickly as possible."
 Warlord664
05-04-2012, 2:16 PM
"The Republic has issued you a ship so that you may track down Master Voleran. It's a modified Corellian Defender-class Light Corvette that has been modified with additional space so that more people can travel aboard it. If there are no more questions, then I suggest you get to the ship and travel to Tatooine as quickly as possible."

Corsail stood up, "Fine, when this jobs done, my ship better be here, because if your stupid security lets some thief make away with my girl i'm gonna shoot you in the head."

After that, he walked off towards the spaceport.
 MsFicwriter
05-05-2012, 5:10 PM
As Per'dra climbed aboard the spacecraft, she couldn't silence the echo of certain words running through her mind. Little dream world. Goes insane. Do you repeat that line? Little dream world. Goes insane. Do you repeat that line?... To distract herself, she dug her fingernails into her right arm and let the pain jolt her back to physical reality. The Jedi Master who had given the briefing could certainly have come to the defense of their Order. Why hadn't he? Per'dra thought that maybe he considered Corsail and Kif's slights beneath his notice. After all, the Jedi were supposed to be above responding to wisecracks and insults. Still, the Knight sighed and sat down in the main hold, not wanting to look too conspicuous. She wasn't in the mood for conversation, after what she'd heard. Rather, Per'dra wanted to meditate upon the reason the Master gave for Voleran defecting to the Sith Empire:

"The loss of so many people who were close to him may have somehow twisted his mind..."

After what I've been through in the past, she mused, I'm surprised that I haven't defected! What makes Master Voleran and me different?
 Warlord664
05-05-2012, 8:25 PM
Corsail took a seat at the side of the ship hoping that no one would choose to sit by him. He didn't feel comfortable leaving his ship behind, every job he'd ever taken, he always used his ship. He didn't trust the republic to handle anything.

Corsails face grew very grim as he thought over his past, his entire family had been killed by imperials in the war. He looked inside his pouch tied to his belt and saw his fathers lightsaber, he pulled it out and held it tightly.

Tears never left his eyes, but they were there.
 Yukub
05-06-2012, 2:50 PM
Traver came bustling into the ship where Varik and Kif already sat. He quickly sat down on a chair and spit out something that looked very much like spice.

''Sorry, I arranged some things.'' He apologied, while winking at Varek. He took out his gun and showed it to Varik.

'I just got this baby. Heavily modified of course. Always handy when you just can't persuade the cops.''

He looked around the ship and then back at Varik.

''So, we're going to Tatooine? I hate sand. You can't chew on it.''
 LDR
05-06-2012, 4:07 PM
As Varik and Kif sat down, they saw Traver burst into the ship's main hold.

''Sorry, I arranged some things.''

"Traver, you seem much more...jumpy since the last time we spoke. Last time I saw you, you were a drunken loser.", Kif said.

"Looks a little more than jumpy.", Varik added.

"I just got this baby. Heavily modified of course. Always handy when you just can't persuade the cops.''

"Congratulations, and I've had this 'baby' for years.", Kif said, laughing, holding his pistol. "This gun's got more history than your own life. My ancestor used it in the Jedi Civil War to kill some Sith Officer named Mon Halan."

"And I've got lightsabers, which neither of your toys can hold a candle to.", Varik said, chuckling.

''So, we're going to Tatooine? I hate sand. You can't chew on it.''

"Actually, you could. It just leaves a rather...dusty sensation in your mouth.", Kif said, chuckling at the thought of Traver chewing sand.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-07-2012, 4:11 PM
Coruscant Spaceport

As Zarev and Vlalkor boarded the ship Zarev couldn't help but wonder something: Many of the order's most power masters were stationed on Tython, why hadn't one of them sensed what was happening to Master Voleran and stopped him before he made off with the information?

I'll have to ask Per'dra later. Perhaps she may have an idea. But I should probably ask what happened at the temple from her perspective.

He watched as Knight Per'dra went to the main hold and followed her. He watched as she sat down and he sat down next to her.

"Greetings knight Per'dra." He said quietly. "If I may ask...well...you were at the Temple on Tython when Master Voleran managed to get away with the information, what happened at the temple from your perspective? How long did it take for the temple to be locked down?"

Vlalkor sat down in the command chair on the bridge and began to input coordinates into the navcomputer. After a few moments the course for Tatooine was set and Vlalkor engaged the hyperdrive and watched as the stars turned to lines as the ship entered hyperspace.
 MsFicwriter
05-07-2012, 8:31 PM
((Does the ship have a name? For now, I'll just call it the Light Corvette.))

Aboard the Light Corvette, en route to Tatooine

"How long did it take for the temple to be locked down?"

Per'dra turned her head toward Zarev, gazing at him circumspectly. "Too long, in my opinion," she replied. "It was total chaos at the temple on Tython when we found out that Master Voleran turned on us! First, we had to calm ourselves down even though we're Jedi and supposed to rise above emotion in every possible circumstance. Second, we had to make sure that this was a defection, and an unauthorized breach of Temple security, instead of a Master going on a routine mission. Thirdly..." She trailed off for a moment. "Perhaps it's not my place to say this, but someone should have seen the signs of Voleran's treason earlier, if there were any signs. Rumor has it that he had a Padawan, for instance. If that's true, then why is that person not here with us? Did the other Masters think it would be too dangerous to send her along, or that she would exhibit preferential treatment toward her Master?" She sighed. "Even if Master Voleran had no Padawan, or a Knight, under his command, something's still very wrong. There's almost no way suspicious activities by anyone would go fully undetected at the Temple!"
 Chevron 7 locke
05-08-2012, 3:00 PM
((Yikes, I forgot to name the ship! The ship's name is the Satele for now. If someone has a better name then feel free to let me know.))

Light Corvette Satele

"Perhaps it's not my place to say this, but someone should have seen the signs of Voleran's treason earlier, if there were any signs. Rumor has it that he had a Padawan, for instance. If that's true, then why is that person not here with us? Did the other Masters think it would be too dangerous to send her along, or that she would exhibit preferential treatment toward her Master?"

Zarev looked at her curiously. "Back when I was on Tython for my training I would often hear rumors that he refused to take another padawan. Is it possible that if he had a padawan he or she may have been killed or turned to the darkside? The galaxy isn't exactly a safe place for jedi these days."

Zarev sighed heavily as he thought back to his own master who had been killed recently. "I suppose I can relate to Master Voleran in one respect: He lost quite a few people that were close to him including his Jedi Master back on Coruscant, and I recently lost my Master."

Zarev's eyes took on a haunted look as he remembered the loss of his own Master. She had been a Echani Jedi who had been well trained in the art of combat but not even her training had been able to save her from overwhelming odds. A single tear appeared in his left eye as he remembered how he had arrived a moment too late, he had arrived just as she had been cut down by blaster fire from sith troops.

"Even if Master Voleran had no Padawan, or a Knight, under his command, something's still very wrong. There's almost no way suspicious activities by anyone would go fully undetected at the Temple!"

Zarev snapped back to reality after a moment. "I think that theres something more going on here. Is it possible that he had inside help from someone inside the temple?"
 MsFicwriter
05-08-2012, 3:29 PM
"Very much so," Per'dra replied, "but I have no idea who could have assisted Voleran in his betrayal. Rest assured, it couldn't have been anyone with a lower rank than that of a Jedi Master. The information that he stole was highly classified, and even after my recent promotion, I couldn't have seen it, either." Hesitantly, she laid a hand on Zarev's arm. "It's horrifying, isn't it? Here we are, a Knight and a Master, still reeling from losing those who were dear to us. Now Voleran presents an even greater threat. I know that the first part of our Code says, There is no emotion; there is peace..., but even I know that's not always true. Whatever happens, I'll remain loyal, and won't let the Sith get either of us if it's within my power to prevent it."
 LDR
05-08-2012, 5:14 PM
"Speaking of loss,", Varik mused, "I've lost much more than anyone else in here. I'm surprised that I haven't fallen to the dark side yet."

"Wait, didn't you go to Korriban?". Kif asked.

That is none of your concern, Kif. Varik thought to himself. Instead of answering Kif's question, he instead listed off all of the people close to him that he lost. "My old Master, my brother, my mother, my father, all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins on Onderon, H4-7X, and...and...", he paused, not wishing to continue.

"And who? What were you going to say?", Kif asked.

"It...it is none of your concern.", Varik stammered.

They both looked over at Traver, who seemed to be chewing something.
 Warlord664
05-08-2012, 6:31 PM
Corsail look over across the room at the others. . Bunch of babbling idiots. Almost as if they were having a contest of who had lost the most friends. He thought to himself. He placed his fathers lightsaber back inside his pouch and got up.

"Didn't know you jedi added a new part to your code, there is no silence, there is non stop stupid annoying pointless conversations." he said outloud. He turned towards Varik, "You talk as if you enjoy having a list that long, I bet you killed have of those people yourself."
 LDR
05-08-2012, 8:35 PM
"Didn't know you jedi added a new part your your code, there is no silence, there is non stop stupid annoying pointless conversations. You talk as if you enjoy having a list that long, I bet you killed have of those people yourself."

Varik looked up at Corsail, glaring at him angrily, clenching his fists as he stood up - slightly taller than the smuggler.

"In case if you didn't know, I don't believe a single lying word of that pacifistic code.", he said.

He gripped Corsail by the neck with his right hand, and held him up by a few inches.

"Do you think I enjoy having all these people I've cared about dead? Do you think I endure days easily? Do you think I could sleep at night, with their deaths haunting me? How I was too late to save any of them? Maybe you should reflect about the loss of your little Jedi daddy, you worthless space trash.", he growled in a dark tone.

He released his grip, dropping the smuggler to the ground. He briskly walked away, pushing aside Zarev as he walked into a dormitory and locked the door.

Kif just sat there, in shock of what happened.

"Did Varik actually do that?", he wondered aloud.
 Warlord664
05-08-2012, 9:35 PM
"Do you think I enjoy having all these people I've cared about dead? Do you think I endure days easily? Do you think I could sleep at night, with their deaths haunting me? How I was too late to save any of them? Maybe you should reflect about the loss of your little Jedi daddy, you worthless space trash.", he growled in a dark tone.

Corsail watched as Varik walked out. He almost pulled out his blasters and fired at him. Corsail just stood there for a moment, fuming with anger.

"Get back in here you jedi idiot! You think you can insult me and just walk away?" He was about to charge into the dormitory after Varik when something stopped him, as if something was pulling him back.

Corsail turned and looked at Kif, "I hope you're not too attached to your jedi friend, because if he gets near me again I'm going to kill him." He turned and walked towards the cargo hold.
 Yukub
05-09-2012, 7:40 AM
Traver retreated to a corner and took a little box from his pocket. He carefully opened it with tremling fingers. He took the spice out of it and quickly stuffed it in his mouth. He chewed on it for a few seconds and didn't care what the rest was doing. Stupid rabble of Jedi and idiots he thought. He took a needle from his pocket and stabbed it in his arm. ''Ah.. Free..'' He said.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-09-2012, 11:00 PM
"It's horrifying, isn't it? Here we are, a Knight and a Master, still reeling from losing those who were dear to us. Now Voleran presents an even greater threat. I know that the first part of our Code says, There is no emotion; there is peace..., but even I know that's not always true. Whatever happens, I'll remain loyal, and won't let the Sith get either of us if it's within my power to prevent it."

The Miraluka smiled. "Actually, I'm only a knight. But earlier, before my master was killed I was supposed to take on a padawan. But after what I did...I didn't think I should take a padawan."

He clenched his fist and began to feel the anger that had once coursed through him at one point but he quickly began to recite the Jedi Code in his mind.

He than watched in shock as Varik closed the dormitory door behind him. He could sense the rage coming off him and was very surprised. He looked over at Per'dra and shook his head.

"Well, it looks like we're off to a fine start on this mission." He said quietly. "Already the majority of the people on this mission hate each other and we have only a very slight lead on Master Voleran."

He shook his head again.

Unknown location

A lone figure sat in silent meditation on the floor. He sat even as a small companel lit up next to him. "My lord, the plan is in full effect. Your Jedi pawn has succeded in obtaining the data and is on his way to meet with one of our operatives on Dromund Kaas."

The figure didn't open his eyes. "Are the sith aware? We cannot risk them interfering in our affairs."

"No my lord. However it appears that Voleran must have left some sort of clue. One of our jedi pawns has reported that a small group of individuals are heading for Tatooine in an attempt to intercept him."

A small smile appeared on the figure's face. "Dispatch Avelra. She is strong enough to kill them. instruct Voleran that he is to change course in order to reach Dromund Kaas."

"Yes my lord."
 MsFicwriter
05-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Aboard the Light Corvette "Satele"

Per'dra lowered her voice so only Zarev would hear. "Honestly," she asked, "what did I do, besides being late, to get things off to such a bad start? I may be naive, but there's a reason I always try to control my emotions. Besides," she continued, "if we don't stop hating each other and start working together, then this mission is going to end before it even begins. For now, I'll stick with not talking about the Jedi Code from here on out, since right now it's only served as an object of ridicule." Turning to Zarev, she said, "You may not be ready to take on a Padawan right now, but in time...You have serious potential, and shouldn't deny it so quickly."

Unknown Location

Everything is on schedule, and secure in the palm of my hand.

The figure smiled underneath his hooded cloak. Was he a Jedi? Most certainly not, but neither was he a Sith. Throughout his life, he had only remained loyal to one cause and one side: his own. If pazaak players lived by the sole motto of "winner take all", then he was their inadvertent champion. Oddly, he had never even touched a card, finding gambling to be a frivolous activity. When there was a galaxy to be had, and people to be ruled, games didn't matter. Only potency did, and the figure exuded it. He stroked his ruddy left cheek.

I can't afford to lose, so I might have to play both sides versus the middle. Both the Jedi and the Sith are fools, and don't know how much power I command! However...if Avelra fails in her task, why should I destroy what I can use? Among this group of individuals sent to locate and dispatch Voleran, there must be at least one with a weak mind and a volatile disposition...
 Warlord664
05-10-2012, 8:15 AM
Corsail sat in the cargo hold, brooding with anger. No matter how hard Corsail tried, he couldn't forget his past. He remembered when he was young he used to train with his father, he was to be a jedi.

However when the day came when he was to face his trials, the jedi order threw him out, saying that he had to much anger in his heart. What hurt Corsail most was the fact that his own father didn't defend him, he just stood there.

The next day his father along with other jedi were called out to defend another world, the world his family was living. A few days later word came the empire had killed everyone there and had taken the planet.

What good is the republic if they can't even defend their own planets? He thought.

Corsail had no one, everyone he knew was dead. He remembered the last thing he said to his mother was, "I'm going to become a jedi!" Before his father left to defend the world he had given Corsail his lightsaber, although he had no idea why.

He had force potential, however the only training he ever recieved was the days he trained with his father. Corsail turned his head and looked at a sealed lockbox sitting on top of a shelf, he closed his eyes and focused on it.

He tried to pull it towards him but the only thing he managed to accomplish was making it topple off the shelf. "Well, how about this?" Corsail whipped his blasters out and fire at the shelf bolts, everything on it fell off. "Much more effective."
 Chevron 7 locke
05-10-2012, 2:46 PM
Light Corvette Satele

"You may not be ready to take on a Padawan right now, but in time...You have serious potential, and shouldn't deny it so quickly."

Zarev smiled sadly and shook his head. "What I'm about to tell you can't go beyond the two of us: My master and I were sent to answer a distress call from one of the mining colonies out on the outer rim. When we arrived we found that a small sith force had managed to kill off all of the republic defenders and were holding the mining crew hostage. My master and I split up against my better judgement. I was sent to take care of the sith in the mines while she took care of the sith forces in the garrison."

Zarev clenched his fist. "I managed to get rid of the sith in the mines but I could sense that something was wrong with Master Beval. I ran back to the garrison just in time to see her cut down by blaster fire."

His eyes took on a haunted look as he remembered what had happened next. "I...saw her die. The woman who had taken me as a padawan when I was a child, taught me the ways of the jedi and for all intents and purposes raised me as her own. I lost control."

"I...remember the sith troops turning towards me and raising their rifles, and than all I remember is my vision going red, the sound of my lightsaber humming, the screams of the troops and their voices begging me for mercy, begging me not to kill them. I woke up surrounded by bodies and destroyed machinery"

He turned to Per'dra and shook his head. "That is why I can't take a padawan. If that ever happens again...I wouldn't be able to forgive myself...Besides, I have already disgraced Master Beval's memory."
 MsFicwriter
05-10-2012, 7:40 PM

He tried to pull it towards him but the only thing he managed to accomplish was making it topple off the shelf. "Well, how about this?" Corsail whipped his blasters out and fire at the shelf bolts, everything on it fell off. "Much more effective."

Per'dra raised an eyebrow. "Speaking of losing control..." She turned her head, almost imperceptibly, to where Corsail was destroying the nearest utility shelf. What's with him? her perplexed expression seemed to say. However, out loud, she told Zarev: "I'm waging war with my own past, too. I've done certain things that I haven't told any one of the Jedi Masters about yet, and I'm not anticipating doing so. I've faced it as much as I can, but the final battle within myself hasn't happened. It's all I can do to collect myself and focus on this mission, since my last one ended so quickly...and not neatly."

Clearing her throat, she continued, "Did you know Master Voleran well, at least before he defected? I must admit I had only a passing acquaintance."
 Chevron 7 locke
05-11-2012, 4:17 PM
"Did you know Master Voleran well, at least before he defected? I must admit I had only a passing acquaintance."

Zarev shook his head. "I once saw him sparring with another Master and I talked to him once in the temple library when I had trouble finding one of the data files. But other then that I didn't know him that well..."

Zarev paused for a moment as he remembered something else. "However...at one point when I was out at night meditating I thought I heard him speaking to someone but when I followed the voice I found only him. I always thought it was a bit strange but than again I've seen my share of strange things."

He looked over at Per'Dra. "You don't think that night I heard him speaking to thin air could be connected with this do you? It was nearly a year ago."
 LDR
05-11-2012, 8:21 PM
Locked in his quarters, Varik did something he'd never done in a long time. Meditate.

He sat cross-legged on the floor - trying desperately to dissipate the anger that was brooding outwards. What caused him to do such a thing? The last time he lashed out at somebody was when...

He withdrew from his memory of Light Fang. How he focused all of his anger onto him on Tatooine - blaming him for all of his misfortune. It was not a memory that he wished to remember.

But what, though? Why did he nearly kill Corsail? Why is he doing things he would never normally do before? Why all the anger? All of these questions swirled in his head like a typhoon - until all of them reached a focal point. Of course! It has been so obvious! Tulak Hord, you have been a subtle one indeed.

And now, now is when you will break., a voice responded in his head.

Pain. It was pain that Varik never before felt in his life. A lingered, horrid pain, that tore into every fiber of his being. His thoughts felt ripped apart, his actions felt numbed, and his vocal cords felt as if they had been shredded apart. His will felt as if a Star Destroyer crashed into it. He screamed a deafening scream, and clutched at his head.

"GET...OUT...OF...MY...HEAD!", Varik screamed, trying, but failing, to retain himself.

Give up, child! Your will has broken! Surrender, and the pain will stop!

"I...I...W-will not!", Varik yelled, valiantly fighting Hord.

Hord then pried open Varik's mind - picking apart each and every memory.

Your story, is one of hate, not of justice. How you hunted and killed Javir and Zhein out of revenge - not of blind vindication - that you hopelessly told yourself to try to justify the dozens murders on your hands. How you were once captured by mercenaries - along with that whore, Avidea Snocami. How you lost your lightsabers to a mere Mandalorian brute - and then killed him because you couldn't stand the humility of losing your lightsabers to a thug. And now here - how you couldn't stand dealing with the countess failures of your past, couldn't stand criticism from a mere spacer. Give up!

"SHUT UP!", Varik hollered, and used what was left of his power to block out Hord's influences - at least for a few moments.

Scrambling for his datapad, he hastily added a new entry.

Entry 316:
Here I am, a prisoner in my own mind. It isn't worth fighting anymore, my will has been broken down under months of subtle influence. Even the strongest of wills have their limits. I fear that mine has lost, and Tulak Hord has won. The pain is just unbearable, it's far worse than the worst torture that these current Sith can do. I fear that if Hord can't be vanquished from my spirit, I will be a tool of the dark side for eternity.

~ Varik

It was then, that the pain came back at full force. Varik had used what little of his reserves that were left to create a message in his datapad. Now, he is completely and utterly defenseless.

"I...I am broken. I give.", Varik said, admitting defeat.

The pain stopped, but at a price. Varik's spirit is now twisted - as a slave to Tulak Hord.

Kif looked to his side to see Traver chewing on spice. He cocked an eyebrow at his old friend.

"Are you alright?", he asked Traver.

Suddenly, he heard screaming - coming from Varik's room. He ran past everyone and stopped right in front of Varik's dormitory.

"Varik! Varik, are you alright?!", he yelled, banging on the door for a response.

He heard footsteps behind him, and a sudden silence in the dormitory.
 thelightfang
05-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Tatooine Docks
Light was relaxing at the docks, awaiting what the message he'd recieved described as a "squad" of "talented individuals" who he would be assisting for this mission.

The streets were quiet, which was unusual. Here at the docks, something was always happening. There was no sandstorm presently. Light had, at first not understood. Then, he noticed a couple of things. First, the only person he saw anywhere near the dock was a female. She had this deadly aura about her. And he couldn't be sure, but every once in a while, he thought he saw the barrel of a blaster, rifle, or some other gun appear out of some of the nearby buildings' windows.

Light decided to wait, as it had served him well in the past. If it turned in to a fight, Light thought it would be a good test of the "squad", though it wouldn't stop him from warning them and helping if it became too much for them to handle.
An interesting demonstration of abilities, he thought contemplatively. He had a prior reputation for stylish entrances. We'll see what they can do.

With that he knelt, and began to attempt to sense their arrival. He would send them a warning with a mental image of the woman and the empty streets as soon as he felt their presence.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-14-2012, 2:32 PM
Zarev was about to ask Per'dra if she had any ideas of what had happened to Master Voleran when he suddenly heard screaming coming from the dormitory that Varik had locked himself in followed by rapid footsteps. Zarev got to his feet and was about to head for the dormitory when he briefly felt a dark presence that vanished as soon as he sensed it.

He turned to Per'dra and motioned for her to follow him when he was nearly ran over by Vlalkor who had also heard the screaming. The trooper had his rifle ready for combat.

"Whats going on?!" Vlalkor asked as he searched for an enemy that wasn't there.

Zarev shook his head as he turned and headed for the dormitory. "Don't know. But I heard screaming and than I might have sensed some sort of dark presence but it vanished too quickly for me to know."

He turned to Per'dra. "Did you happen to sense anything? Anything at all?"
 MsFicwriter
05-14-2012, 6:26 PM

Per'dra activated her saberstaff with a surprisingly aggressive snap-hiss, her muscles tense. A guttural sound emerged from between her teeth, halfway between a hiss and a growl. Then, just as suddenly as she'd sprung into attack mode, she stood down, extinguishing the two silver blades. Closing her eyes, she remembered the ferocious assault on Pfon Urazhai, a pureblood Sith apprentice, which she'd carried out on her previous mission. That was why her head sank forward wearily, and she motioned for Zarev to bend down and listen closely.

"The Dark Side is strong here," she murmured, "and it's making me uneasy. I was poised to attack when I saw no imminent threat with my own eyes, and that's why I've only been recently promoted to a Jedi Knight! Be watchful, because it's still pulsating. I can feel it in my temples." A cold sweat broke on her forehead.
 Warlord664
05-14-2012, 6:58 PM
Corsail got up from the crate he was sitting on, he thought he heard screaming. He drew his blasters from their holsters and walked out of the cargo hold.

"Whats going on?" He asked, as he entered the main room of the ship. He saw Per'dra's saberstaff ignited and stopped, "Did you kill someone? He asked, keeping his blasters pointed in the direction of the two jedi.
 MsFicwriter
05-14-2012, 7:44 PM
"I will," replied Per'dra, "if whatever's in there doesn't let go of Varik." Without another word, she stormed into Varik's quarters, almost stumbling across the threshold. Righting herself, she lay eyes upon Varik himself, looking moist and deathly pale. "Are you all right?" she asked quickly. "What's wrong? Zarev and I heard screaming from in here, and wanted to make sure you weren't in danger." The surrounding air contained a whiff of ozone and a metallic odor.
 LDR
05-14-2012, 8:50 PM
Hord stood up and looked at Per'dra, moving his hand to wipe off the sweat from his face.

"It's nothing", he responded, throwing the datapad off to the side. "I just got a little visit from an old friend. Everything's fine."

He looked at Kif. "What's up with you? You look as if you've seen a ghost.", he asked.

As Kif entered the room alongside Per'dra, he knew something was wrong. Something felt wrong. He had an uneasiness in his gut, and as he looked at Varik, he knew something must have happened. And as he got closer to Varik, he felt something dark and sinister - as if they were on Korriban itself. And then he looked at his eyes - their normal icy blue replaced with a golden-green. This was not Varik that was speaking to them.

"What's up with you? You look as if you've seen a ghost."

"I think I have.", he muttered to himself, walking back into the Main Hold.
 MsFicwriter
05-14-2012, 9:45 PM
"It's nothing", he responded, throwing the datapad off to the side. "I just got a little visit from an old friend. Everything's fine."

"What old friend?" asked Per'dra suspiciously, while trying to control her temper. "There's no one else in your quarters except for you, Varik. Were you meditating? If so, then a Force Ghost might have contacted you, which may or may not be a bad thing." She was trying to convince her comrade that her hackles weren't raised, but they were. The hairs on the back of her neck were as stiff as quills. "Still, weren't your--You have blue eyes, don't you? Why do they look so strange, of that sickly golden-green color? Are you ill, or what?"
 Chevron 7 locke
05-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Satele

"Still, weren't your--You have blue eyes, don't you? Why do they look so strange, of that sickly golden-green color? Are you ill, or what?"

Vlalkor looked closer at Varik's eyes and shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry to say I wasn't really paying attention to his eyes when we were talking." He looked around carefully and than put his rifle back over his shoulder and headed back to the control room. "I'm going to make sure that we're set for landing. Before I heard the screaming I was about to let everyone know we just dropped out of hyperspace."

Vlalkor took a last look at Varik and then headed back to the bridge.

Zarev took a closer look at Varik and shook his head in confusion. "I'm not sure what it is...but I can sense something on Tatooine...I don't know what it is but it's almost blurry...I can't focus in on it."

Tatooine

The assassin watched as with quiet satisfaction as the comn-device in her hands lit up. She had bugged one of the comnrelays so that she would be able to track any transmission coming to or from the planet.

"Tatooine landing control, this is the light corvette Satele. Requesting permission to land in Anchorhead."

"Permission granted to land in hanger bay three."

The assassin smiled darkly as she watched the ship come in for a landing. She took out her comnlink and spoke quietly. "This is team leader to Squads one and two. Target is landing. Prepare to terminate as soon as they're in the open."

The assassin put her hand down by her lightsaber and crouched in the shadows as she drew on the force to cloak herself and waited.
 Warlord664
05-15-2012, 8:20 AM
Corsail walked into Varik's quarters along with the rest.

"You really are an insane lunatic, theres nobody in here but you." he said.

"I'm going to make sure that we're set for landing. Before I heard the screaming I was about to let everyone know we just dropped out of hyperspace."

"It's about time, Lets get off this ship and find that stupid jedi."
 LDR
05-15-2012, 3:35 PM
"What old friend? There's no one else in your quarters except for you, Varik.

"I was... reminded... of terrible memories of the past. Memories I've wished forgotten.", Hord replied.

"Still, weren't your--You have blue eyes, don't you? Why do they look so strange, of that sickly golden-green color? Are you ill, or what?"

"My eyes were never blue, you must be mistaken. My eyes are viridian. We've never spoken face-to-face, so it's understandable that you might've thought I had different eyes.", he replied. "But hey, at least they aren't pure gold right? Hah!", he finished, laughing.

"You really are an insane lunatic, there nobody in here but you."

He turned and looked at the smuggler, anger brewing once again. "I'll let your little comment slide this time, spacer.", he said, pointing a finger at Corsail, "Next time, I'll kill you. You're nothing more than a liability.".

Kif was leaning on a wall when he noticed Vlakor walk into the Main Hold.

"Hey, is Varik alright? He looked...pale.", Kif asked, looking for conversation.
 MsFicwriter
05-15-2012, 3:43 PM

"I'll let your little comment slide this time, spacer," he said, pointing a finger at Corsail. "Next time, I'll kill you. You're nothing more than a liability."

"Are you sure you're all right?" Per'dra asked Varik, the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach deepening to a wave of nausea. "That's something a true Jedi would never say, even as a joke." She stepped backward slightly. "Corsail's on our side, and he's going to help us track down Master Voleran. That said, if you try to kill him, I'm afraid I'm going to have to attack you in turn." Her tone was soft, but firm. She didn't want the obligation of possibly killing her squadmates. "Corsail's also correct. Let's all move out, and get off of this ship at least..." She moved toward the exit ramp of the Main Hold.
 Warlord664
05-15-2012, 4:35 PM
He turned and looked at the smuggler, anger brewing once again. "I'll let your little comment slide this time, spacer.", he said, pointing a finger at Corsail, "Next time, I'll kill you. You're nothing more than a liability.".

Just try it, I'd be more then happy to blast your face off. He thought to himself.

He turned to walk towards the exit ramp, Wait a minute, Varik did have blue eyes. He thought. He remembered pretty clearly, he was only a few inches away from Variks face when he had been picked up.

Is that common for jedi? He thought. He checked both of his blasters to make sure they were fully charged as he was walking towards the exit ramp.

"Do you prefer this jedi alive or dead?" He asked. "Because now will probably be a good time to tell me if you don't want him to be a corpse."
 thelightfang
05-16-2012, 5:27 PM
Tatooine Docks
Light sensed a change in his environment. He opened his eyes and no longer saw the woman, yet the streets remained empty. He was an excellent multitasker. So, while he was scanning his environment, he continued sending his message, since he had sensed several Force presences. He was still curious about the woman's sudden disapperance.

Maybe she wasn't so dangerous, he thought, or maybe she was very dangerous indeed.

He couldn't keep sending his message and search for her with his senses or with the Force, despite his ability to mutitask. Looking up, he noticed a large black mark in the sky now.

Probably them, or a bird, but I haven't seen too many of them here... Well, they'll get my message soon enough if it is them.

Light was aware that none of the presences had yet recieved his message, which he considered slightly troubling. He concentrated again on sending his message, closing his eyes and sending his message further.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-16-2012, 5:57 PM
Zarev had just walked off the exit ramp when he recieved a sudden image within his mind. A vision of a woman with a violet lightsaber standing in an empty street.

What the...? was the only thought that he had time to think before he sensed a sudden darkness above him. He quickly ignited his green double-bladed lightsaber just as the woman from the image within his mind brought her lightsaber down on his own, knocking him back and sending him down to the ground.

"Everyone down!" He shouted urgently as a sudden barrage of blaster bolts that came from the buildings facing the hanger bay streaked through the air and blew holes in the wall and in the ground.

Vlalkor ran down the ramp as soon as he heard the sound of an igniting lightsaber and hesitated for just a moment before pulling his rifle off his back and running toward Zarev.

"Stay down!" Vlalkor shouted as he fired a volly of supression fire at the woman with the violet lightsaber who was able to block it and deflect it back towards him without a second thought.

"Multiple hostiles!" Vlakor shouted back at the group. "Force user with unknown capabilities." He called out as he continued firing at the assassin.
Page: 1 of 13