Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: Betrayal at Besbin

Page: 1 of 1
 christos200
04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Parts:

A new Hope (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2808524#post2808524)
The Empire Strikes Back (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2809629&postcount=1)
Mercenaries (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2809727#post2809727)
Betrayal at Besbin (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2810774#post2810774)

( Part 4 of my AU story. This time, Leia, Han, Starkiller and the two droids search for Luke in Besbin..)

A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY....

Star Wars: Betrayal on Besbin

It is a dark time for the rebellion. Although the Death Star has been destroyed, imperial troops have driven the Rebel forces from their hidden base and pursued them across the galaxy.

Leia, the leader of the revolution, has gone on a journey to find Luke Skywalker. In this journey she is not alone. She has the smuggler Han Solo, and his wookie friend, Chewie. She also has the jedi Starkiller with her, and her two droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Meanwhile the Imperial Army has left Besbin,after hearing that Luke somehow escaped the planet. So the Millennium Falcon start a journey in Besbin to find Luke and bring freedom to the galaxy.......

The Millennium Falcon flies in space, while Leia and Han talk in the cockpit of the ship.

Leia: I've hear news that Luke is on Besbin. But how we will find him?

Han: Lando!!!!

Leia: Lando what?

Han: Lando Calrissian. He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.

Starkiller enters the cockpit.

Starkiller: What do we wait? Let's go on Besbin. The sooner we get there, the most the chances to find Luke alive.

A few hours later Han is sleeping, Chewie and the droids play chess and Starkiller and Leia talk.

Starkiller: Leia, i love you.

Leia: Me too.

Starkiller grabs Leia and starts to kiss her. Meanwhile Han wakes up.

Han: How my entire life changed like that? Once i was a smuggler who cared only about the money. Now i am on a crazy idealistic crusade against the galactic empire. I didn't slept well. I dreamed of Leia. I've seen many beautiful women, but this is the first time i feel like this about a woman. But now i should stop talking. In a few minutes we will arrive at Besbin.

Soon the Falcon arrives in Besbin. Besbin is a giant city floating in the clouds. The party in a few seconds meets Lando.

Han: Hello Lando!

Lando: Why you slimy, double crossing no good swindler! You've got a lot of guts coming hear, after what you pulled!!!

Han: Me?

Lando, with a smile in his face, replies

Lando: How you doing, you old pirate? So good to see you!! I never thought i'd catch with you again. Where you been?

Han: I've been in too many places.

Lando goes near Leia and kisses her hand.

Lando: Welcome, my Lady!

Han: All right, all right, you old smoothie.

Starkiller: Hello. I am Starkiller.

Lando: I am glad to meet you.

As the company walks inside the gas mine factory, Han and Lando talk.

Han: The gas mine still paying off for you?

Lando: Oh, not as well as i'd like. We're a small outpost and i've had supply problems of every kind.

Han: Listen to you. You sound like a businessman, a responsible leader.

Lando: It's the price you pay for being succesful.

Meanwhile on an Imperial Star Destroyer. Darth Vader is on the bridge of the ship, looking on the stars, when Piet comes close to him.

Piet: Lord Vader. My plan is going very well. Leia and her company have landed on Besbin. Soon, we will arrest the leaders of the revolution and we will use them as a bait for Luke Skywalker.

Vader: And when he comes, he will be forced to accept the dark side of the force, or his friends will die. And once he is broken and becomes a sith, i will kill his friends and make him my slave and have him to hunt down and destroy the rebels. Admiral Piet, prepare your men. When Lando call us, we will move the army in Besbin.

Meanwhile on a small room in Besbin.

Starkiller: I have searched the western part of the city, but i haven't found Luke. Only the eastern part remains, and then we will leave this place.

Leia: The sooner, the better. Something's wrong here. I can sense it.

Han: Relax. There is no empire here.

Leia: I don't trust Lando.

Han: Well, i don't trust him either. But he is my friend.

At the same time, in Darth Vader's ship.

Piet: Sir, i have a message from Lando. The time has come.

Vader: Admiral Piet, prepare your men!!! Move the army inside the factory.

Back to the cloud city, Lando enters the company's room.

Lando: Will you join me for a little refreshment? Everyone is invited of course.

As Lando and Han, Leia, Starkiller and the two droids move, Lando talks about the factory.

Lando: Our operation is small enough not to be noticed, which is advantageous since our costumers want to avoid attracting attention.

Han: Aren't you afraid the Empire's going to find out about this little operation and shut you down?

Lando: I've just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever.

As Lando opens the Bar's door, it reveals Vader with a squad of stormtroopers.

Vader: We would be honored if you would join us.

Lando: I had no choice. they arrived right before you did. I'm sorry.

Han: I'm sorry, too.

A few hours later.

Vader: Lando, bring the princess and and the wookie to my ship!

Lando: We never agreed that. You said that they would stay in the cloud city under my supervision.

Vader: Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly?

Lando: No...

In the a nearby cell.

Han: Leia, i want to tell you something.

Leia: What?

As Han is ready to speak, Lando enters the cell.

Han: What do you want, you damn bastard.

Lando: I am sorry about you, but i have my own problems.

Han: Yes, you are a real hero.

Lando is divided. He wants to rescue Han, but at the same time he knows that Vader will make him very rich. However Lando can no longer see his friend be tortured and become a slave of the empire. Lando orders his troopers to arrest the stormtroopers that guard his friends.

Leia: What are you doing?

Lando: We will escape!!

C-3PO: I knew that was a mistake.

Han: It seems that you haven't forgotten me.

Lando: Of course no. But now lets get to your ship.

A few moments later on a small room in the cloud city.

Piet: Lord Vader, Lando has betrayed us.

Vader: Send 4 legions to arrest those damn rebels.

Piet: But aren't 4 legions too much for just 7 persons?

Vader: Shut up and follow my orders!!!

As the party runs towards the Falcon, hundreds of stormtroopers chase them.

Starkiller: I will stop them. Run to the ship. Leia, i love you.

Leia: Me too. I will never love any man like you.

Lando: Come on, lets leave.

Han couldn't believe what he heard. Leia was in love with Starkiller. All his feelings were crushed in just one moment.

Chewie: Haaaaaaaaaa!!!

As the party goes to the ship, Starkiller fights against all odds. Hundreds of Stormtroopers fire at him, but he manages to deflect them all. Then the troopers attack him with knifes and swords. Starkiller kills one after the other the Stormtroopers, until he creates a hill of dead bodies. Then he can no longer fight. He is too tired to walk, his hands are almost broken by the fighting. Vader orders his troops to not attack Starkiller. He climbs on the hill and then bows before Starkiller, showing his respect for this great warrior. But enemies are always enemies. So Vader cut off Starkillers head, with his lightsaber.

In the Falcon.

Han: I am sorry for your loss.

Lando: Me too.

Leia: Thank you.

Han: Lando, do you know where Luke is?

Lando: No, but i know that he escaped Besbin before some time. Vader just didn't told that to the emperor or most imperial officers, because he wanted to lure you into this trap.

Han: Then it is time for a new adventure.

Leia: What did you wanted to tell me?

Han: Nothing.

Han runs to the cockpit.

Han: Are you ready Chewie?

Chewie: Haaaaarrrrr!!!!

Han pulls a lever, the ship lurches forward and is gone.

THE END
 machievelli
05-03-2012, 9:45 AM
Read
Page: 1 of 1