Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What was the BEST video game ending for a game you have played?

Page: 1 of 1
 mimartin
04-07-2012, 2:26 PM
We are doing the opposite of the last poll thanks to Miltiades.

So what is your favorite vidya ending of all time. If you don’t see it on the poll, make a post and I’ll add it. Preferably before you vote, otherwise I’ll add it, but you will not be able to vote for it.

Only one vote per customer and no refunds.

What was the BEST video game ending for a game you have played?

-Portal
-Portal 2
-Mass Effect 2
-Knights of the Old Republic
-Red Dead Redemption
-Deus Ex
-Shadow of the Colossus
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Mafia
-Call of Duty: Black Ops
-Grand Theft Auto IV
-Assassins Creed 2
-Mass Effect
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
-Chrono Trigger
-Halo: Combat Evolved (PC)
-F.E.A.R. (PC)

Thanks to Astor, Lynk and Miltiades for coming up with most of these.

Vote is public.
 Miltiades
04-07-2012, 3:04 PM
Why you forget L in my name? :(

fixed and sorry. I thought I copied and pasted, but I guess I copied and pasted the first time I wrote it. :xp:
 Lynk Former
04-07-2012, 3:54 PM
The L belongs to me :carms:
 Alexrd
04-07-2012, 6:56 PM
Halo: Combat Evolved (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Mega Drive)

Well, maybe they aren't the "best", but they were the most memorable for some reason.
 Sabretooth
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Where's Mass Effect 3? :xp:

Many good entries, but Portal 2 stands head and shoulders above them all.
 Pho3nix
04-08-2012, 4:52 AM
Command & Conquer... and I always liked the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2 for some reason, even if it was (and is) confusing as hell
 Q
04-08-2012, 5:19 AM
Out of those listed I chose KotOR for its DS ending.

It pays to be bad in that game. :lightning
 Scorge
04-08-2012, 9:04 AM
Portal 2 ending was cool with the portal on the moon. Forgot the black ops ending cause I haven't played the story in a long time. But I choose KotOR, I loved both endings. And especially the battle on the temple [Rakata World] even though its kinda the ending. Im sounding dumb with my words right now...... -_-
 Lynk Former
04-08-2012, 9:22 AM
I know no one else will choose it, so I'm picking the ending of Majora's Mask. After you complete the game 100% you begin to see all of the stories of every NPC you meet in the game come to a conclusion and there's this HUGE feeling of satisfaction as well as some bittersweet moments since there were some characters you didn't have the power to save.

Awesome Zelda game.
 M@RS
04-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Easily Portal 2. I didn't know what to do with myself as the song started. I stared at the wall the rest of the day.
 Miltiades
04-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Many good entries, but Portal 2 stands head and shoulders above them all. Agreed. I've loved a lot of these games' endings, but Portal 2 was something special (and hilarious).

Companion cube FTW! :D

I really would like to play Shadow of the Colossus someday, though, and experience its apparently amazing ending.
 Negative Sun
04-08-2012, 4:08 PM
Red Dead Redemption without any contest whatsoever...
 mimartin
04-08-2012, 4:19 PM
Where's Mass Effect 3? :xp:
It got my vote under other. :dev14:

Not really sure about best ending. The really good games I always hate the ending... well because it is ending.
 Red Hessian
04-08-2012, 4:46 PM
Mafia easily gets my vote.
 Sabretooth
04-09-2012, 9:05 AM
Hmm lemme list my favourite endings...

Portal 2
Bastion
To The Moon
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Grim Fandango
Planescape: Torment
American McGee's Alice
Braid
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-09-2012, 4:20 PM
Out of this list I'll go with Shadow of the Colossus. You can so feel the character's desperation it is almost your own.

I really would like to play Shadow of the Colossus someday, though, and experience its apparently amazing ending.It's truly special. Something that builds very early on the game without warning, which you may or may not notice but either way is amazing.

-Halo: Combat Evolved (PC)
-F.E.A.R. (PC)

Some reason why did you tell us those are the PC versions? It's not like the ending is different on the console. :xp:
 Alexrd
04-09-2012, 4:24 PM
Some reason why did you tell us those are the PC versions? It's not like the ending is different on the console. :xp:

Eh, I just felt to say on which platform I've played them on. :p
 Sabretooth
04-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Companion cube FTW! :D

Whenever I hear companion cube I think of nothing but this comic:
http://geekisawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Constant-Companion.jpg)
 Blix
04-10-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm torn between Ocarina of Time, KOTOR, & Chrono Trigger - they all have excellent endings (some in multiples).
 Samnmax221
04-10-2012, 1:02 AM
Grim Fandango
 M@RS
04-10-2012, 1:42 AM
 urluckyday
04-10-2012, 1:59 AM
Grim Fandango

This. Definitely this.
 Darth InSidious
04-10-2012, 4:18 AM
Planescape: Torment

Bingo!
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-10-2012, 7:45 PM
To clarify: my "other" answer meant NONE. I hate it when games end. That is all.
 Sabretooth
04-11-2012, 12:32 AM
To clarify: my "other" answer meant NONE. I hate it when games end. That is all.

I'm sure you'll revise your statement when you play Duke Nukem Forever. :xp:
 Lynk Former
04-11-2012, 5:55 AM
Duke Nukem Forever is utterly mediocre, not terrible. If it were longer it'd be a better game.

Not Metroid: Other M on the other hand! That's a game you wish ended right as Adam tells you you can't use any of your power-ups despite the fact that not using your power-ups will result in your death... because you know, Samus has daddy issues and is now a stupid moron.
 Giant Graffiti
04-13-2012, 9:25 AM
I can't really choose, as there's too many great endings. Some of my favorite endings are The Wind Waker, Grim Fandango, and Persona 4.

because you know, Samus has daddy issues and is now a stupid moron.
Actually according to Yoshio Sakamoto she was always like that and you were just too dumb to notice and she was crying every time she fought Ridley and also
 Lynk Former
04-13-2012, 9:39 AM
...that's why Gunpei Yokoi was in charge to stop Sakamoto's asshattery... :( I miss Gunpei...
 UltimateHK47
04-14-2012, 4:43 PM
I know 99% will not agree with me, but TSL was my favourite ending. I replayed my saves so many times just to hear it all again. I know it left alot of things unawnsered, but I like to come up with my own anwsers. So I pick other :D Coming close is serious sam 2, serious sam tse and k1. Not in that order. :p Other then them the one on the poll i would choose apart from k1 is Black Ops :D That whole game was good, Nuketown FTW :D
 Miltiades
04-15-2012, 6:17 PM
Yeah, TSL's ending was one of my favorites as well. It adhered to the overall feel of the game with Kreia stealing the show for one last time (although predicting the future was perhaps a bit too much) while also, in my opinion, being a critique on the bombastic and mindblowing ending of the first KotOR.
 Mandalore The Shadow
04-16-2012, 1:21 PM
I'm sure you'll revise your statement when you play Duke Nukem Forever. :xp:

True I just wanted that to end from the moment I put in the disk... so I removed it and lit fire to the package.
 Darth_Calo
05-10-2012, 6:37 PM
I voted "Mass Effect" but I also want to give a nod to "OTHER" and submit Mass Effect 3. Everyone else seems to have disliked the ending but I actually liked it a lot.
 ChAiNz.2da
05-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Don't really have a favorite as I honestly can't seem to recall any game having an earth-shattering ending.. (though Mass Effect 2's 'perfect' ending kinda swells the ego..hehe) although I will put nods up for the Portal games since you get a kewl song at the end :D

Vote for Portal since I like that song better of the 2 ;)
 ZBomber
05-18-2012, 7:08 PM
Super Mario Bros 2.
 Bob Saget
08-10-2012, 6:50 PM
Have to go other here, you just didn't mention Half Life in there did you? :indif:

I'm gonna say the best ending in recent history was to ME2, just awesome how it was done. And while Half Life hasn't exactly been finished yet (Valve needs to wake up ._.), it still deserves to be in this category. Come on :|
Page: 1 of 1