Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New class types

Page: 1 of 1
 Xarwarz
02-24-2012, 3:13 AM
id like to see a playable droid class type in tor, and different species types.
i wonder if they plan to add more later
 Lynk Former
02-24-2012, 4:13 AM
Droids would be pretty cool and they could mix up the droid body type to different variations of droids. Could also do male, female and neutral personality options with droids as well which would stir things up even more.

As for the choice of species, I'd like to be able to play as a... Bothan, Cathar, Devaronian, Kaleesh, Kel Dor and Mon Calamari would be my first choices.

Though I've chosen one of each of the current species to play as in TOR at the moment (aside from Mirialan... not really into green people :p) so if they were to add new species, they'd better add new classes to play as too so I can use the new species with the new classes.

As for new classes... hmmm... aside from droids, which I've heard everyone say they'd like to have, I can't really think of any class typed I'd really like to see added to TOR.

It makes it pretty tough to think of the types since you'd need a mirror class on the other side of the fence to balance things out...
 DarthParametric
02-24-2012, 5:24 AM
I'm pretty sure they've ruled out non-humanoid, non-sentient species as playable because of story and animation reasons. So no droids and no Wookiees, Gand, Trandoshans, Gamorreans, Talz, Ithorians etc. They have also previously ruled out non-near-Humans, so no furries/scalies/slimies like Duros, Nemoidians, Abyssins, Bith, Mon Calamari, Aqualish, Gran, etc. With that in mind, I suspect the most likely additional species are super-near-Humans like Echani (I'm actually surprised they weren't in from the start) Arkanians and Zeltron. Given the presence of Twi'leks, I would also expect Torgrutas and Nautolans.
 Lynk Former
02-24-2012, 6:44 AM
I'm pretty sure BioWare's explanation of why non-humanoid species and other species that are like the Mon Calamari not being in the game was because of time constraints in terms of developing the launch game. I do remember them saying something about the possibility of certain species coming out in expansions though so a Mon Calamari and Droids aren't out of the question.

After all, if they did stick with purely near-human species then we wouldn't really have very many choices at all... that and it'd be pretty damn cheap. Echani? Humans with white hair?... yeah, that's worth buying an expansion for.

On the other hand, I'm actually surprised they didn't have Cather as one of the options from the start.

But really, the highest possibilities of a species making it into the playable character list are the ones that our companion characters represent. Maybe not our Talz friend, but there are plenty of fans of Mr. Cat who want to be just like him...
 mimartin
02-24-2012, 4:19 PM
but there are plenty of fans of Mr. Cat who want to be just like him... Name one...:xp: Only thing worse than Mr. Cat is Corso.

I agree with DarthParametric that Torgutas are likely to be added. I base this on the fact that they already all over the game. It was one of the species I wanted to begin with, but now I’m happy with my Mirialan.

Have no interest in playing as a droid or a Wookiee for that matter. Although the flirt option with a female Wookiee smuggler does sound interesting. :D

As to classes, as far as I am concern they can remove classes if they wanted. Agent, Smuggler and Trooper are good enough for me.
 Lynk Former
02-24-2012, 5:16 PM
I dunno, random people on the swtor forums have start threads telling everyone how much they love Mr. Cat...
 DarthParametric
02-24-2012, 10:10 PM
I agree with DarthParametric that Torgutas are likely to be added. I base this on the fact that they already all over the game.I would think a more likely reason for them to be added is that, thanks no doubt to LucasArt's heavy hand, TOR is a thinly disguised Clone Wars game. Thus having Torgrutas would be a good tie-in with Ashoka. Again, I'm surprised they weren't available right from the start.
 Lynk Former
02-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Tentacle head things were too big for BioWare to handle.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-25-2012, 12:43 AM
wouldn't surprise me if they DO have the alternate races.. just waiting to unleash them along with Legacy rewards (mostly wishful thinking on my part) ;)
 DarthParametric
02-25-2012, 2:35 AM
The initial ones at least will just be existing player races available for other classes. Like a Pureblood Sith Bounty Hunter or a Chiss Inquisitor for example. I doubt we'll see any actual completely new races before a proper expansion, and the first one would be unlikely to hit much before Xmas.
 Xarwarz
02-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I think there needs to be other races and a non human droid race added... egotistical boast...and put an end to humanoid dominance. I mean what happens when your characters max out shure you got new content but maybe you what an new character too. This could also lead to a droid planet i think would be cool.
 mimartin
02-27-2012, 1:07 PM
If they do a droid race...I want a EMP weapon. :)

Humanoids are dominate once more.
 Lynk Former
02-28-2012, 1:04 PM
Except against the EMP shielded ones.
 acdcfanbill
02-28-2012, 1:32 PM
I put my droid in a faraday cage!
Page: 1 of 1