Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Legacy Names and your family tree

Page: 1 of 1
 ChAiNz.2da
02-17-2012, 1:00 PM
Well I've run Shelkylya long enough to get a Legacy name :D

Tu'Deay

So if you play, and aren't in either of LF's guilds.. you'll at least know it's one of my characters running around lost :xp: (Tu'Deay = 2da). Assuming of course you have Legacy titles enabled in your nameplates options ;)

Anyone else running around with their Legacy name?

As far as i understand, currently (Feb. 17, 2012) Legacy only bears the title with no additional benefits... yet. Any good rumors going around as to what ToR may bring to the Legacy goodies table?

I'm assuming possible tweaks for newly created characters. Maybe stat/skill buffs, or something to that extent. DDO (and I'm sure other MMOs) did something similar. While it wasn't "legacy" or "lineage" oriented.. players who played long enough and built up enough "Favor (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1427391&postcount=7|)") would unlock certain rewards or additional goodies. There were exceptional gifts, new classes, stat buffs, etc.

Wondering how the whole Legacy thing will play out.
 Taak Farst
02-17-2012, 1:02 PM
On Peragus Mining Facility EUROPE server, my legacy name is Dovahkiin. No word of a lie. I'm on another server trying to get Potter for my character, who is called Harry.

I usually show it as 'The Dovahkiin Legacy'.
As for what legacy is, I heard it's basically an incentive to make new alts. I heard it will unlock things like new races for you to make characters with, or perhaps new social abilities or racial bonuses.
 Miltiades
02-17-2012, 1:09 PM
Yup, chose "Tarquin" as my Legacy. Was a reference to the old kings of Rome, I only later realized you could read it as "Tarkin". True story.

Anyway, BioWare promised Legacy levels would get you access to new customizable options in character creation, special skills and the option to tie your characters by way of a family tree. I wouldn't mind more, but at its core, it does seem a nice feature. Can't wait to see how it turns out myself, either. :)
 Astor
02-17-2012, 1:26 PM
Well, both of the two I already had in mind (Kaine and Drax) were taken by the time I was high enough to have a Legacy. I was determined though, that if I couldn't have either of those it should be a Star Wars name (most of my characters have the first names of various EU characters) so I tried a few obscure ones that were also taken, until I finally managed to get Yularen (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yularen).
 mimartin
02-17-2012, 2:23 PM
Shotfir'st

Bremiaha to her friends....

All of you can call her Bremiaha Shotfir'st the Pure.

Legacy name is thanks to Mav. Is kind of funny to have a name like Shotfir'st for a healer.

Level 11 on my legacy now, no clue what that will mean when they add to it though. Also wonder what the level cap for legacy is/will be.
 Lynk Former
02-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Former

:p what else did you expect?

I have Lynk Former (my Vanguard) but everyone else displays "The Former Legacy"
 Char Ell
02-22-2012, 8:34 AM
Was able to get Ell as my legacy name on The Harbinger server. YESSS!!!!! *fist pump*
On most of my characters I just display it as part of the name, e.g. Vrahn Ell

I too am very interested in seeing what legacy levels do for you in release 1.2. I've already got 6 characters on my account though so if some of the benefits are new character creation options then I'll be somewhat limited.
 Lynk Former
02-22-2012, 8:59 AM
Oh yeah, looks like I have legacy lv26 right now... I'm assuming the cap for legacy at the moment is lv50.
 Qui-Don Jorn
04-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I have a question for anyone that knows about these things.

I unlocked my legacy with my first character..problem now is, my first character isn't worth a ****, seeing as I had no idea what I was doing with crew skills and leveling and whatnot. First character is always the learning curve, right?
(subquestion: Is'nt being lvl 40 and having you butt kicked by 37th lvl npc's a bad thing?)

My second character I know what to do with now..and have gotten him to 17th lvl. (Sith Sorceror see avatar :D)

So, now I'm seriously considering rerolling my first character as a Sage rather than a Shadow and making him an altogether better character.

Onto my question..If I recreate my first character and delete the original, do I then lose my legacy since it was unlocked by the first character I want to delete?
Does it even matter?
 Miltiades
04-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Once a legacy is chosen, it is tied to the server you unlocked it in, meaning every character you create on that server gets the legacy name, regardless of whether the character which you unlocked it with is gone or not.
 mimartin
04-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Someone better will have to answer this to be sure.

However, from what I read you legacy name will stay even if you delete that character. As of now there is no way to change it from your account. That ability is coming "soon" according to the BioWare forum.

I'm thinking my smuggler, trooper, agent and bh will be the only ones showing off the Legacy Name. Shotfir'st just doesn't sound right for a Jedi or Sith. :)
 Qui-Don Jorn
04-02-2012, 1:34 PM
Ok. Thanks to both for the replies..another thing I should consider, I think, is that if I deleted him then I couldnt mail my new character better gear and crystals and stuff.

Thanks
QDJ
 Sith Holocron
04-06-2012, 7:28 PM
My legacy name is Sev'n-ate.

First name is Emfour.

You see what I did there? LOL
 Mav
04-06-2012, 7:40 PM
Parsecs
 Taak Farst
04-06-2012, 7:48 PM
I like the Legacy mechanic, from what I have seen. Certainly a great MMO innovation that can be expanded in the future.
 Qui-Don Jorn
04-06-2012, 8:53 PM
Yep. Of course mine is Jorn. But that was a big factor in remaking the character because I had squished the whole name in one, not realizing there would be a Legacy surname.

Glad I did because now I have a huge headstart and also know what Im doing now. :P
Already at 23rd :D
 Taak Farst
04-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I've barely played - level 10 legacy here.
 Canderis
04-07-2012, 3:10 AM
Haven't gotten there yet, but mine is probably taken. Does that matter?
 Miltiades
04-07-2012, 5:15 AM
I've barely played - level 10 legacy here. I've lost a decent amount of time playing TOR, but I'm still only at Legacy level 12. :/
 Lynk Former
04-07-2012, 5:47 AM
Almost to legacy lv30...
 adamqd
04-07-2012, 5:53 AM
I wont be Leveling another toon, so Its irrelevant to me TBH
 Lynk Former
04-07-2012, 7:26 AM
That's a shame, after you start playing through a few of the storylines you begin to see how they relate to each other...
 Scorge
04-07-2012, 8:28 AM
For Salvik, its "Retnarr"
 Prime
04-07-2012, 9:46 AM
I'm so far behind it seems. :(
 Miltiades
04-07-2012, 11:22 AM
That's a shame, after you start playing through a few of the storylines you begin to see how they relate to each other... Indeed. Finding out I had to put antidote in the Sand People's water supply as a Jedi where I had before been given the job as a Mercenary to poison it was great. There are quite a few of these moments that I love. :)
 mimartin
04-12-2012, 9:30 AM
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=686&pictureid=9052)

Updated my family tree. Making them all sisters was just too long. Don't like this, but it will do.
 Lynk Former
04-12-2012, 10:29 AM
This is mine...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/lynk/Screenshot_2012-04-13_00_28_13_405648.jpg)

...I didn't care cause none of my characters are related at all so I just went nuts with it and did whatever...
 Pho3nix
04-16-2012, 9:06 AM
Everything I came up with was taken... so I just had to go with my irl surname:

The Myreen Legacy

kinda like the sound of that actually :p
 JasraLantill
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Quita'an

This is a surname from one of my characters from the Mercenary Crew RPs in LF's KotOR Forum. It was set between Episode 3 and 4, and I figured that Beryl deserved some heroic ancestors. :)

So far I have Miqui and Milla--making them sisters. Might marry them off later, but I'll get them both to 50 before that happens. :)
 Miltiades
04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
This may be a bit of a trivial thing, but I'd like the legacy system to have the simple feature of giving the players the chance to explain their legacy and the relationships within that legacy through simple text. Even if you can't show off your legacy to others in-game, I think it'd be a nice to get that option.

Anyway, I made Darek, my merc, and Sula, my smuggler brother and sister. I thought it'd fit, besides, both have a filthy mouth. My guardian Nural is linked as a (friendly) rival to Darek. I'd like to imagine Nural was taken in by Darek and Sula's parents at a young age and developed a friendly rivalry with Darek, until Nural was taken away by the Jedi Order. :)
 logan23
05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
My Legacy Tree-

I will have pics up later.

Drayen (Chiss/ Bounty hunter) and his younger brother Gaeton (Chiss/ Jedi Knight) were orphans. Gaeton showed signs of the Force and was sent to the Jedi Order while Drayen grew up in the orphanage and later from his determination, and self-preservation (fights) made him a perfect bounty hunter since he had nothing that could be used against him since he had no family. Gaeton also shared his brother's pride and determination but his focus was for helping others, but he had issues with the whole unable to love. Gaeton felt a bond with the Jedi order but there was something missing.

Cole (zabrak- not maul style) and his younger brother Dagos (Zabrak- Maul style) came from parents who were both Zabraks. Dagos take after his mother more due to the red skin and sharper horns. Cole, Dagos and their parents where in a shuttle accident which killed their parents and place a burn scar on both of their faces on opposite sides since they huddle together when the fire came. After they lost their parents at the age of 8 and 12, Cole and Dagos went to live with their Uncle who worked on a Republic military base. Cole ended up taking a great interest in the military and life as a soldier who fights for something. Cole joins the Republic military at the age of 18 and would become a member of Havoc Squad. Dagos his brother had no interest in the military and became a lady's man and built a rep with the soldiers on base for the guy, who can get them women to party with and into the best Cantinas plus sneak in illegal items for the soldiers. This started Dagos's smuggling life. Dagos would later end up on Ord Mantel due to someone stealing his ship.

Cole has in the past help get his brother out of trouble but one time he didn't reach out to his brother due to the sensitivity of the issue so Dagos contacted Drayen (Bounty Hunter) who he actually smuggles weapons to. Dagos ended up with a Bounty on his head, and he needed Drayen's help so Dagos made a deal which kept Dagos alive by having Drayen kill the person who put the bounty on Dagos but in doing so Dayen could not continue to get arms from Dagos since it was bit of a shady deal. Drayen instead got extra funds when ever he needed it. These funds in part came from Dagos's brother Cole, who had a good salary and since he was always in the battlefield the money just sat there.

More to Come....
Page: 1 of 1