Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Purple Lightsaber Crystal?

Page: 1 of 1
 Scorge
02-02-2012, 4:10 PM
Does anybody have one? Where do you get it? I been searching for the past few weeks where to get it, but they keep saying that the quest rewards were changed. So, does anyone now how to get one? BESIDES PvP!
 Mav
02-02-2012, 4:28 PM
At the moment, I do not know of any way for a Republic player to obtain a Purple Color crystal, judging by your avatar you're Empire so you're good there. Also AFAIK there is currently no confirmed drops for Purple Lightsaber schematics so the only way to get one is in either Champion PvP gear or it's equivalent of Columi PvE gear. Perhaps the easiest non-PvP way to get one would be to run the Battle For Ilum Flashpoint on Hard Mode and get the Columi Off-hand weapon token drop from the final boss. Well, if you can find a good group I suppose a normal mode Operation might be easier, but you have to find a group and that'd be the problem there.
 DarthParametric
02-02-2012, 8:38 PM
I'm not sure if there is a distinct colour difference between purple and magenta crystals in the game, but you can get a magenta crystal without doing any Flashpoints/Operations or PVP. Does require several level 50s though. You go to Tatooine and harvest moisture from a vapourator. You'll see you get a buff that refers to pure water. Then travel to Hoth and climb up the highest point. The water will freeze, changing the buff to something like pure ice. Then you go to Ilum and go to a specific point (can't remember where off the top of my head - will have to look it up). The ice summons a spirit/ghost champion, which drops the magenta crystal as loot.
 Scorge
02-02-2012, 8:59 PM
I'm not sure if there is a distinct colour difference between purple and magenta crystals in the game, but you can get a magenta crystal without doing any Flashpoints/Operations or PVP. Does require several level 50s though. You go to Tatooine and harvest moisture from a vapourator. You'll see you get a buff that refers to pure water. Then travel to Hoth and climb up the highest point. The water will freeze, changing the buff to something like pure ice. Then you go to Ilum and go to a specific point (can't remember where off the top of my head - will have to look it up). The ice summons a spirit/ghost champion, which drops the magenta crystal as loot.

Yes, I know that trick but the problem is, it drops the crafting material to make the actuel crystal, then to the Belsavis world boss, and the boss should drop a schematic for ARTIFACE to make the crystal, and i have synthweaving, as artiface is pretty much useless for me. Im on the server, Sedyn Kyne,as it is a light server, no lag.
 Jeff
02-02-2012, 9:15 PM
Also, the difference between purple and magenta in the game is pretty noticeable. Magenta is pretty much pink.
 Taak Farst
02-03-2012, 2:40 AM
I am a Sith Assassin and I'm in PvP gear and the 'Champion Survivor' double bladed saber is purple, but I personally don't know of other ways. I want the red one with the black core, myself.
 DarthParametric
02-03-2012, 4:22 AM
it drops the crafting material to make the actuel crystal, then to the Belsavis world boss, and the boss should drop a schematic for ARTIFACE to make the crystalYeah I just had a re-read of the thread about it on the official forum. The mob on Ilum drops the mats you need and you can get the schematic as drops from both the Hoth and Belsavis world bosses. I was originally under the impression that the mob on Ilum dropped the crystal directly. Sorry about that. I guess either way you are going to need a group. No guild you can join?

Magenta is pretty much pink.Bleh. Figures they would make it horrible.
 Lynk Former
02-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Bleh. Figures they would make it horrible.
Not that I'm surprised, but that's an odd thing to complain about XD
 DarthParametric
02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Pink lightsabers? Come on, how can you not complain about that?
 Lynk Former
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Some people just want to feel pretty.
 mimartin
02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I want a pink saber, I'll make a pink Twi'lek and kill Lynk with my pink saber while listening to Wham.:dev14:

Some people are just not manly enough to pull off pink. :xp:
 Darth Avlectus
02-06-2012, 1:23 AM
Is there any yellow core lightsaber blades that one could pull off?

Edit: Err gawd...pink blades? Seriously? Well, then again Kyp Durron and Siri Tachi had them...

If there was blade of orange-red outer hue and a yellow inner core, that would be badass. I'm talking colored like Heart of the Guardian, or the orange and bronze from the two games.
 Sylthar
03-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Pink lightsabers? Come on, how can you not complain about that?

Anakin Solo, he used a Lambent Crystal of the Yuuzhan Vong, which turned lightsaber blades Pink. :xp:
 Darth Avlectus
03-04-2012, 3:01 PM
At the moment, I do not know of any way for a Republic player to obtain a Purple Color crystal,

Hm. On obtaining you might be right. Still...

Spoiler (false emperor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A6-sqVdFeo)

This was the beta but it seems this is a play of a Republic character as a consular type who has somehow managed to snag a violet crystal. May not mean anything, though. So it is possible for a republic character to at least possess one and use it, from what I gather.
 Lynk Former
03-04-2012, 3:19 PM
Lightsaber crystals of all kinds will be easier to obtain come 1.1.5 and 1.2, stay tuned.
 Scorge
03-04-2012, 4:04 PM
Lightsaber crystals of all kinds will be easier to obtain come 1.1.5 and 1.2, stay tuned.

Really? When is the update gonna probably come out? So you mean purple lightsaber crystals are gonna be obtainable at lv 40?
 Lynk Former
03-04-2012, 4:40 PM
I don't know the specifics but BioWare has said in one of its recent posts that it'll be easier than before to get certain crystal types as well as the fact that they're adding more.
 Taak Farst
03-04-2012, 6:42 PM
Unobtainable endgame CRYSTALS will be in a vendor UNTIL 1.2 according to patch notes.

This, I assume, means crystals that are already in the game but you can only get as part of a weapon, like the PvP lightsabers.

So I assume this vendor will hold Purple, Black Core with Red Aura etc.
 Mav
03-04-2012, 8:30 PM
Hm. On obtaining you might be right. Still...

Spoiler (false emperor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A6-sqVdFeo)

This was the beta but it seems this is a play of a Republic character as a consular type who has somehow managed to snag a violet crystal. May not mean anything, though. So it is possible for a republic character to at least possess one and use it, from what I gather.Video was from beta.
 Darth Avlectus
03-05-2012, 5:59 AM
Video was from beta.

I acknowledged beta. Was just commenting how nothing otherwise precludes a republic jedi character from using one if it were in his/her possession. :)
 MajikMyst
03-13-2012, 5:45 AM
Currently all +41 stat Purple saber crystals are available for purchase from a temp vendor on the fleet stations.. This is true for both republic and Imperials.. They are 250k per crystal..

All of the over sized mounts or boats as they are called, have been discounted and available at the speeder vendor on both fleet stations.. Including the one that was in the CE vendor..

White crystals are also available.. +33 to stat and +41 to stat are all on sale at vendor for 1-2.5 million per crystal.. Cyan is also available.. +41 to stat, 125k per crystal..

Players with Artifice can purchase 3 schematics for Magenta crystals.. +33 to Endurance, Crit, or power.. Each schematic is 250k..

1.2 is slated to be released in early April.. The vendor and all his goods will be removed from the game.. All of the over sized mounts will be removed from the game..

I am told the schematics that are currently being sold are also an extremely rare drop off of the world boss on Belsavis..

The SWTOR forums are down otherwise I could post a yellow post explaining the mounts and crystal vendor.. As of now, they will all be removed when the 1.2 patch is released..
 adamqd
03-13-2012, 5:54 AM
I brought a Cyan Crystal for old times sake. My champion Lightsaber already has a built in Purple :) (I started playing again btw, got bored)
 Scorge
03-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Currently all +41 stat Purple saber crystals are available for purchase from a temp vendor on the fleet stations.. This is true for both republic and Imperials.. They are 250k per crystal..

All of the over sized mounts or boats as they are called, have been discounted and available at the speeder vendor on both fleet stations.. Including the one that was in the CE vendor..

White crystals are also available.. +33 to stat and +41 to stat are all on sale at vendor for 1-2.5 million per crystal.. Cyan is also available.. +41 to stat, 125k per crystal..

Players with Artifice can purchase 3 schematics for Magenta crystals.. +33 to Endurance, Crit, or power.. Each schematic is 250k..

1.2 is slated to be released in early April.. The vendor and all his goods will be removed from the game.. All of the over sized mounts will be removed from the game..

I am told the schematics that are currently being sold are also an extremely rare drop off of the world boss on Belsavis..

The SWTOR forums are down otherwise I could post a yellow post explaining the mounts and crystal vendor.. As of now, they will all be removed when the 1.2 patch is released..

What lv? And which vendor, on imp fleet I mean.
 Scorge
03-15-2012, 7:58 AM
Oh yea!!!! I found the vendor on imp fleet and got the purple lightsaber crystal with +41 Endurance....and it only costed 125,000 credits!! Of course its lv 50..........I'll just try to lv up quickly.
Page: 1 of 1