Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gaming Hardware

Page: 1 of 1
 RC-1162
12-23-2011, 11:37 AM
So I'm guessing a large number of TOR players have never played MMO's before, or have very little experience playing them, myself being one of them. After watching a couple of user-uploaded gameplay videos on YouTube, I've realised that my play style is pretty much mashing whichever ability cools down first, leading to an untold number of deaths because I use only the ones mapped from 1 to "=" on the keyboard :xp:

After talking to a couple of friends of mine who are dedicated WoW players, they recommended that I get a bunch of gaming hardware like they have so that I can map more abilities: mice, keyboards, gamepads, etc.

So my question to the experienced MMO-ers is: does having dedicated gaming hardware really make a big difference? If so, what sort of set up would you recommend to a noob like myself?
 DarthParametric
12-23-2011, 8:19 PM
Unless you are planning on joining a hardcore raiding guild and taking up running Operations as a full-time job, I wouldn't bother. In any event, you'd be better off learning the optimum way to employ your skills. Fancy hardware by itself isn't going to make you play better.
Page: 1 of 1