Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Early access....

Page: 1 of 1
 yuri20346
12-13-2011, 2:08 AM
Well yesterday I just pre-ordered the game because of the 13th early access I said heh aight guess I have the week clear and everything may as well play SWTOR.

Well with what it looks like they are gonna send the invites for it in order of which who redeemed their pre-order which for me was last minute meaning I will get in last. I would have liked some info about that way earlier but sadly they just said 13th of December.

Now my biggest problem is I paid the extra amount of $ for the pre order thing on Origin so I could get in the early access but seeing as I won't I could have gotten it cheaper if I would have waited at release and gotten it at my local Walmart for 49$ instead of 59$ *sigh*.

Also all my friends that had the game pre-ordered a long time ago are gonna be way ahead of me which is going to suck, hard. Well I had to vent off because I feel like this is a serious dirty blow to those who weren't sure about the game and wanted to wait until they could try it in the beta before jumping head first.
 DarthParametric
12-13-2011, 2:18 AM
It has been in the FAQ for ages that early access would be staggered based on code registration date. I wouldn't get too worked up over it just yet though. See how the first day's invites roll out numbers-wise. You may well get in earlier than you expect, as it is quite possible they could have everyone in before the weekend.
 Mav
12-13-2011, 2:46 AM
Yeah like DP said I wouldn't worry too much yet, some rumblings I've heard suggest that early-access will be rolled out according to server loads, and if some of the stress test beta weekends are any indication the servers managed to hold up decently well.
 Lynk Former
12-13-2011, 3:47 AM
I input my pre-order code into the swtor site almost 24 hours after the pre-orders started (because of GameStop being such a slowpoke!) and being a bit of a pessimist when it comes to these things, I'm expecting a bit of a wait before I get in.

Hopefully things turn out a lot better than I think they will...
 DarthParametric
12-13-2011, 4:29 AM
It sounds like they are doing waves across the day, so I'd be expecting you won't have too long to wait. I didn't get my code until mid-August, so I'm not expecting to get in until the 14th, but I guess we'll see in a few hours.
Page: 1 of 1