Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hutta Hangout rename

Page: 1 of 1
 Lynk Former
12-08-2011, 1:10 AM
I'll be honest, I don't really like the name of the general forum... aka "Hutta Hangout"... I really do think that we can come up with a much better name, one that sounds like something you really want to be a part of.

To that end, I'm putting up this poll to let you, the people, decide whether this forum needs to be renamed or not. If not, then cool, this place will remain as it is... but if you do think that Hutta Hangout is lame and we need to rename, then vote to rename on the poll and suggest a new title for the general forum to replace the current name.

There are many great prizes up for grabs... like... this imaginary dog... and this piece of fluff I found. Oh, and a paper-clip! Enter now and you can win big!

Poll closes in 5 days.
 mimartin
12-08-2011, 11:05 AM
First vote.

I want the name to be Bea Arthur's Cantina. Waaaay cooler than Hutta hangout. :nutz3:
 Astor
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
There's a Cantina in The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance novel by the name of the Poison Pit.

Are there any in-game examples that could be used as suggestions?
 Mav
12-08-2011, 4:34 PM
Are there any in-game examples that could be used as suggestions?Good question, I don't remember all the Cantina names off the top of my head, I think the Sith Empire one on Hoth was called the "Slippery Slope" or something...
 mimartin
12-08-2011, 8:11 PM
Since we were discussing the renaming of this place, I was thinking perhaps we should wait until we know the name of Server the Lucas Forums Network guilds gets assigned to and then either use that name or something similar. Unless it is something truely awful.
 Tommycat
12-08-2011, 8:37 PM
Good question, I don't remember all the Cantina names off the top of my head, I think the Sith Empire one on Hoth was called the "Slippery Slope" or something...
Slippery Sloaps I think was the Cantina in Nar Shaddaa.
 Lynk Former
12-08-2011, 9:03 PM
Since we were discussing the renaming of this place, I was thinking perhaps we should wait until we know the name of Server the Lucas Forums Network guilds gets assigned to and then either use that name or something similar. Unless it is something truely awful.
We should know about which server we'll be on in the next few days. Most likely before this poll ends.
 Bob Lion54
12-08-2011, 10:39 PM
I voted for a new name, but I suck at naming things, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Though, if you ever want a theme song...
 Sabretooth
12-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Ahto Spaceport Cantina TOR Branch Office
 Darth Avlectus
12-10-2011, 12:29 AM
There's a Cantina in The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance novel by the name of the Poison Pit.
Okay, I'll go for this as I have read this novel too. I think that is definitely a cool name. Something like Poison Pit Cantina. A little clunky for syllables rolling off the tongue but yeah it sounds good IMO.

Are there any in-game examples that could be used as suggestions?
Seconded. I have been looking up the SW wiki, unfortunately can't really find many places that might fit a relaxed discussion environment except maybe...

Alderaanian courtyard? Alderaan has a king and when I think of a kingdom, I think of a courtyard as a more well off social area within a kingdom. Not sure any such area appears in the game though, so it'd have to be *our* little place.

Or how about something of the Taris rebuild settlements? Taris entertainment promenade? New Taris Spaceport? It *is* a new beginning in more ways than one, afterall.

Tried to think of something for Ord Mantell, but this is too early in the history.

Ahto Spaceport Cantina TOR Branch Office

That could work, too. The KOTOR crowd is here, we're all pretty much the same people.

Any other ideas? Anyone?
 Lynk Former
12-10-2011, 12:41 AM
So far the idea I like the most is mim's idea of renaming this forum to whatever the name of the server that the LFN Guilds will be inhabiting when we find out come Monday... provided that it's an appropriate name.

As for Sabre's suggestion... knowing him, I'm preeeetty sure that was just a joke suggestion ;) That and I'd rather we not tie ourselves to SWK that way on the off chance that he is serious... which he isn't.
 Mav
12-10-2011, 1:34 AM
Or how about something of the Taris rebuild settlements? Taris entertainment promenade? New Taris Spaceport? It *is* a new beginning in more ways than one, afterall.I don't mean to rain on the suggestion parade, but when you get to Taris in the game (or if you did in beta) it is a terribly depressing place, doesn't particularly give off that easy-going, care-free light chat sort of vibe. :xp:
 Lynk Former
12-10-2011, 1:40 AM
We're actually going to be putting up a support/troubleshooting forum named "Taris Recovery Center" on Monday...
 Bob Lion54
12-10-2011, 2:12 AM
Okay, I've thought about it and after careful consideration, I think we should name it "Steve."
 Mav
12-10-2011, 3:23 AM
Okay, I've thought about it and after careful consideration, I think we should name it "Steve."http://i.imgur.com/upMcL.jpg)
 adamqd
12-10-2011, 5:17 AM
I actually like Hutta Hangout, serves its purpose :)
 Lynk Former
12-10-2011, 5:39 AM
IF WE RENAME THE FORUM TO STEVE IT WILL BE THE END OF ALL OF UUUS!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxdI6Qqkg1s&t=35s)

Also, we don't need a name that merely serves its purpose, we need a name so awesome that not even the darkest sunglasses ever forged in the depths of hell by satan himself could block out the light of it's awesomeness.

:carms:
 adamqd
12-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Corellian Ale House
Outlaws Den
Quesh safe-house
Illum Ice Bar
 Darth Avlectus
12-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Ord Mantell wreckage yard.
 RoxStar
12-12-2011, 2:37 AM
There has to be some use of alliteration for it to stick in everyone's minds.

"Hutta Hangout"
"Poison Pit"
"Lynk's Leper Legion"

etc etc.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-12-2011, 5:22 AM
The Sarlacc Pit
Great Pit of Carkoon

"There you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as your threads, topics and opinions are slowly digested over a thousand years"

Though probably better for a debate forum. :xp:
 Lynk Former
12-12-2011, 6:04 AM
"There you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as your threads, topics and opinions are slowly digested over a thousand years"
I loled.

Though probably better for a debate forum. :xp:
If anyone wants a debate forum in the TOR forums, they're going to have to come down to Australia and challenge me to single combat TO THE DEATH and win... otherwise it's not happening.

:carms:
 FimmFingur
12-12-2011, 8:46 AM
"Space Bar"
 Mav
12-12-2011, 1:11 PM
"Space Bar"XD Icwutudidthar
 Pho3nix
12-12-2011, 1:16 PM
Deathstick den?
 Lynk Former
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM
The server name our guilds got assigned to is called "Vornskr", so how about "Vornskr Den" as a possible candidate?

I'll let the poll run its timer and then start a new thread tallying up the choices we've come up with so far so folks can vote...
 mimartin
12-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Deathstick den?

You don't want to name this place Deathstick den.

"You want to go home and rethink your life."
 Sabretooth
12-13-2011, 3:25 AM
Page: 1 of 1