Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] New Head Choice: Revan's Canonical Face (TOR spoilers)

Page: 2 of 2
 JediRevan001
06-12-2012, 9:59 PM
Some new renditions. New head model. Bald guy with long hair. Much happier with this version

http://i.imgur.com/KwpXm.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/VDqgP.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/8bkSI.jpg)

The dangly hair is purely a test thing.

As is the hair texture (though the general shape is what I intend for it to look like)

The goatee is also a test thing.

Chime in and comment.
Wow! Amazing work! Will the final product have his trademarked beard? He wore it all through the Jedi Civil War and shaved it afterwards.
 Brin_Londo5
07-06-2012, 5:33 PM
I still prefer the classic Mullet-man head... there's already a mod over at Filefront with that one by Inyri Forge, modified to add a well-trimmed beard and mustache.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/PMHC04_Head_Replacements;73684)
 Shaggoth
07-07-2012, 4:49 AM
I STILL prefer to get on topic and at the end - get that head :)
 TWINKEYRUNAWAY
08-02-2012, 3:43 PM
Very excited for this! lol wish lucas forums didn't delete half the posts this month.
 Zerimar Nyliram
08-02-2012, 7:45 PM
I put a lot of time into those long, pointless posts. :(
 rev1011
08-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I put a lot of time into those long, pointless posts. :(

Still hope? Maybe he will return after summer?
 RogueSplinterCell
08-16-2012, 5:18 AM
Perhaps sith eyes w/ Revans face will be present in the distant future?
 Shaggoth
08-17-2012, 2:08 PM
i'd add them myself, but for that we need head itself first :)
 rev1011
08-27-2012, 9:10 PM
Anyone tried pm'ing the dude asking if he intends to allow modders the resource for someone else to take on this project if he is busy?
 VarsityPuppet
08-28-2012, 1:12 AM
Anyone tried pm'ing the dude asking if he intends to allow modders the resource for someone else to take on this project if he is busy?

Say "thank you" to Sith Holocron.

Linky (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/213-vp-modders-source-compilation/)
 peacockharris
10-06-2012, 5:57 PM
I'm really sorry to resurrect a thread but I've PM'd VarsityPuppet but not heard back. Basically I'm after the Revan head he made in post #20 as regardless of how much it looks like Revan I want it as a replacement for the standard Mullet Man head. It looks a lot less goofy.

Can anyone help me out? Was anyone sent it?

Also apologies for the faux pas of lurking for years and the first post I write is asking for a favour :-p
 Marius Fett
10-07-2012, 1:16 PM
I imagine you might have a chance at reaching him if you try PM'ing him over at Deadly Stream, as he seems to be quite active on that site.

Nothing to lose by trying!
 Forceboat
10-09-2012, 8:02 PM
I hope he returns sometime as I would love to see this canonical representation of the face of Revan.
 Canderis
10-09-2012, 8:09 PM
I hope he returns sometime as I would love to see this canonical representation of the face of Revan.

He did release it.
 Forceboat
10-09-2012, 8:20 PM
Thanks, Canderis!! Duh! That was dumb. :S

Thank you very, very much, Sith Holocron!! And VP and all of the people attached to the project!
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Wait, what? When did this happen?

Link, please?
 Forceboat
10-14-2012, 8:09 AM
Zerimar,

Check post #60 above, VP's. The link is there. I like it, I've been using it in my current game. It's become my favorite one.
 Shaggoth
10-15-2012, 3:53 AM
oh god...

TSLRCM Compatible: No
is that really so? :(
 VarsityPuppet
10-15-2012, 8:49 PM
oh god...

is that really so? :(

Folks have a strange way of making things that should be compatible, totally incompatible.

Plus, not to mention, the download is supposed to be a reservoir of unfinished projects, not all of which will for certain be TSLRCM compatible.
 valten7
11-11-2012, 8:33 AM
Hello VP! I would get the head model that you made ​​in post #20, there is a chance that we can use this model?
 Dylan Coulderam
12-08-2012, 4:45 PM
hey can anyone tell me where to find a tutorial on this?
from finding the file to finishing it
 TWINKEYRUNAWAY
12-18-2012, 1:33 PM
This epic head needs to be finished when you have the time! Seriously, it looks too beast!
 VarsityPuppet
12-19-2012, 2:44 PM
Finished in what sense? You can already download it at DeadlyStream
 TWINKEYRUNAWAY
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Ok, thanks for the heads up!
 The Lord of Chaos
01-03-2013, 12:20 AM
They should have made Revan look more like the mullet guy in KotOR. He is the best canon face for a male Revan, in my opinion. They should also have used the voice actor for Revan in the first one. Yes that's right folks, Revan does speak in KotOR.
 RPK
01-03-2013, 5:13 AM
They should have made Revan look more like the mullet guy in KotOR. He is the best canon face for a male Revan, in my opinion. They should also have used the voice actor for Revan in the first one. Yes that's right folks, Revan does speak in KotOR.

Probally Revan is C1 head not mullet man.
 Sith Holocron
01-03-2013, 6:39 AM
They should also have used the voice actor for Revan in the first one. Yes that's right folks, Revan does speak in KotOR.

Yeah but only for little things like attempting to open a locked item and things like that.

I guess Rino Romano (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0738951/) wasn't available - or as is the common complaint about KotOR - they didn't care about canon.
 Dhany
02-18-2013, 4:15 AM
Looks like this thread has been up for quite a while now, but is there anywhere I can download this face mod ? I would love to replay KotOR with a cannon vibe to it :)
 Fallen Guardian
02-18-2013, 9:04 AM
Check post number 60 on this page.
 Dhany
02-19-2013, 5:37 AM
LOL, can't believe I missed that. Thanks :D
 dmmm123
02-19-2013, 8:31 AM
Well, I will be following this thread.
Also, don't forget that, canonically, he's been imprisoned for 300 years by the Emperor of the Sith, so the beard, slimmer face, and scars most likely are from during that time.
I think the Mullet Man head is 95% closest to a canon look of Revan during Kotor 1.
 Darth_Tempust
02-19-2013, 5:57 PM
They really should do a cutscene with Revan leaving and being captured, as we don't see any of that in KOTOR 1 or 2. But yeah, I agree mullet man is the best likeness.
 Sith Holocron
02-20-2013, 1:19 AM
Folks have a strange way of making things that should be compatible, totally incompatible.

Plus, not to mention, the download is supposed to be a reservoir of unfinished projects, not all of which will for certain be TSLRCM compatible.

AS VP has been busy of late, might anyone else know how to make this head compatible with TSLRCM?
 rev1011
02-21-2013, 12:04 PM
AS VP has been busy of late, might anyone else know how to make this head compatible with TSLRCM?

I haven't downloaded this yet since my Kotor 1 started giving me issues installing, recently. I'll see how it goes on K2

If the head was converted to work with TSL(not sure if has been?) then you can get it working with TSLRCM.
If the head file is in a TSL patcher folder, just apply it again after installing the latest TSLRCM and it's patches.

Or merge the 2da files with one of the easy to use 2.DA combining programs. I've made a lot of mods work with TSLRCM 1.8 and it's latest update.
Even the massive amount of heads and items from the total conversion mod "Revenge of Revan" seems to work if you apply it after any TSLRCM updates, without crashes, if you are specific in what files to pick.
 Zerimar Nyliram
02-23-2013, 5:15 PM
Well, I will be following this thread.
Also, don't forget that, canonically, he's been imprisoned for 300 years by the Emperor of the Sith, so the beard, slimmer face, and scars most likely are from during that time.
I think the Mullet Man head is 95% closest to a canon look of Revan during Kotor 1.

That would make sense, but it is not so. According to Drew Karpyshyn's novel Revan, Revan was already sporting the long hair and beard between and after the events of the first two Knights of the Old Republic games. The book also states that Revan had short hair during the events of the first game, having had longer hair before that time (during the Mandalorian Wars, the events of the comic series), which was cut short when the Jedi Council created his new identity.

Why does this mod need to be compatible with TSLRCM if it's for KOTOR 1? Unless someone wants to play as the Exile with Revan's face, I guess.
 Sith Holocron
02-24-2013, 6:31 AM
Why does this mod need to be compatible with TSLRCM if it's for KOTOR 1? Unless someone wants to play as the Exile with Revan's face, I guess.

Some possibilities people might want that...

1. Your suggestion of having the Exile use that head - for whatever reason.

2. Having that head available in the game so folks can create machinima (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machinima) movies that will allow Revan to appear - while using the KOTOR2 engine. It seems more likely that folks will use TSLRCM while creating a movie using KOTOR2 engine.

Note that VP's mention of lack of TSLRCM compatibility pretty much begged the question in the first place.
 VarsityPuppet
02-24-2013, 6:37 PM
In theory, both heads should be compatible with TSLRCM

Well, except for the Revan head which I believe only works for Kotor1.

BUT

People have a tendency to make things very incompatible whenever they install mods at all.

So the official word is they're not compatible - even though in theory, they are.
 valten7
03-21-2013, 12:00 PM
VP's head is great, but in my opinion, I've always liked the first caucasian male as head canon Revan. When I saw the real canon head in swtor I became obsessed with put a long hair on this face, because for me is the one that comes closest. following the tutorials I made a head fusing the PMHC04 and PMHC01 models. The head is perfectly animated in game but I don't know how make a good texture (In 3ds max you can see the two text but in game the hair texture is the pmhc01 text) I'm not a modder, but if someone know how to makes text and want my model head i can share and so anyone can use it.

Here is the model:
http://i.imgur.com/GUfZDBx.png)

And here the problem with the texture ingame
http://i.imgur.com/4DaruzL.jpg)

pda: sorry for my english
 Marius Fett
03-21-2013, 6:55 PM
I would assume that you could get away with just editing the texture names for each mesh in the ascii model using Notepad. That's what I always do when I need to switch textures around.

Never done it with a head model myself, but I used to do it for body models all the time and it worked a treat.

Yikes, I really should get back into this whole modding lark. ^_^
 thejokercomplex
06-19-2013, 3:10 PM
Hope you don't mind a little competition:
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/753/revantorwip1.jpg)
Hey, NICE FACE FOR REVAN! Is that finished and if it is, can you send me the mod for KOTOR? I'd love to play that game with the head you've made!!! Get back to me!
 VarsityPuppet
06-19-2013, 9:20 PM
Lol I like how this thread turned into multiple people doing their own Revan heads. Actually pretty neat - I think it encompasses the true nature of modding
Page: 2 of 2