Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Al_Ciao
10-15-2011, 2:25 PM
...that are probably answered somewhere that I couldn't find, but would be obvious in hindsight. Anyways.

1. I want to create two armbands. The first armband, when equipped, will warp me and my party to a new module. The second armband, when equipped, will warp me and my party back to wherever we were originally. How do I do this?

2. How do I make enemies that constantly spawn? Like in the Star Forge, where the droids spawn infinitely till you shut down the computers. I would want infinite spawning though (instead of just one enemy at a time per spawn point).

Thanks in advance. :)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-15-2011, 3:26 PM
1. Look through KFiles, there are several warping armbands out there, including MrDefender's Wrist Console: my personal favorite.

One way warping is easy enough... what you are asking, to be returned to a specific spot in a module where you were once standing... I am not sure if this is do-able or not. Somehow you would need to store the vector locations of each party member in some fashion, then your warp band would actually need to do two warps on the return trip: first warping you to the old module you were in, then warping you to that specific location you were in in that module.

2. Check out TimBob12's populate function. You could make all spawned NPC's automatically hostile, but still there would be a "cap" to the number spawned inside of one enemy.... I guess you could attach a script to the OnDeath event of some .utc's to run the populate script again, which would in essence make the enemies "infinite".
 Al_Ciao
10-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Cool, thanks.

Where is TimBob12's populate function?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-16-2011, 2:58 PM
search the forums here, or look in the scripting subforum of Holowan Labs.
Page: 1 of 1