Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Atton Lean Animation

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
10-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I've tried to locate the number that references Atton's lean animation in nwsscript and I've also tried decompiling scripts that call for it but no luck. Do you guys know what it is?
 jonathan7
10-14-2011, 1:20 AM
Is Atton's lean actually in KotOR 2, I was under the impression TSL:RP had to make the lean animation from scratch? Was it JDnoa or someone who actually made it (apologies to which ever modder made it, your name escapes my memory currently). They were considering giving it to TSL:RCM, so hopefully Stoney or zbyl2 will be along, as they are obviously ALOT more familiar with this than me.
 Fallen Guardian
10-14-2011, 1:39 AM
I don't remember if it was made from scratch. Although I do know it's in TSLRCM.
 Sith Holocron
10-14-2011, 6:47 AM
"Savvy30039" of the old Team Gizka forums created the Lean Animation. She offered to TSLRCM when asked and it is in that mod.

Stoney said:
Well, the good news is: Yes she explained how to do it. Bad news is it was in a PM that I saved in the old forums. (I should have printed it out):)

What I do remember she told me was,new animations can be added but they had to use existing animation names. what that means is in the case of our lean animation its "Kneel_talk _angry" and "kneel_talk_sad". The animation "name" existed but obsidian never created the actual animation for it. That's why we had the "dancing" handmaidens at one point.
Even that's not a 100% as she created an animation for Hanharr slamming Mira into the rocks but apparently it wouldn't work properly in-game.

Hope that helps. Zbyl2 might be of more help on this - I'd suggest PM.ming him if he doesn't see this post.
 Fallen Guardian
10-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Alright thanks SH, I'll look into it.
 DarthStoney
10-14-2011, 9:16 PM
Pretty much SH covered what it is, I can't remember off hand but one of the Kneel_Talk's is the looping version and the other is the "fire once" version.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-14-2011, 9:46 PM
It was a mind-blowing day on those forums the day the screenshot was first posted on those forums. Atton was actually invisible, blacked out, but you could tell it was his silhouette leaning there. The "impossible" had been made possible, and was a vital part of the restoration. I was thrilled that savvy shared it with DarthStoney and zbyl2 for TSLRCM, as it truly does enhance that scene!

It would be cool to see it be used in other mods.... but of course, permission would need to be obtained from savvy30039.
 Sith Holocron
10-15-2011, 1:55 AM
It would be cool to see it be used in other mods.... but of course, permission would need to be obtained from savvy30039.

From what I recall, she was pretty cool about it. That being said, I'd suggest being respectful when requesting to use her animation.
 Fallen Guardian
10-15-2011, 2:19 AM
Okay, I'll make sure that I get permission before I use it. Thanks for the info guys.
Page: 1 of 1