Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Has Bioware commented on...

Page: 1 of 1
 Snarils
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Gold Sellers and their inevitable spam?

The currency in game is credits... so the market will be there. I know it is usually a losing battle in most games and players have probably become accustomed to receiving these tels and seeing their spam in all general chat channels. Some games seem to have given up on fighting the tide.. while other MMORPG's actually do a pretty good job combatting these guys.

Has Bioware made any statements regarding this?
 Jeff
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
There is a developer post on this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=84522&page=10)

And it basically says, yes they will be addressing it, but they aren't going to announce what kind of measures they will take because it would defeat the purpose.

I hope they do a better job than other MMOs, at least what I've seen in WoW, there are constantly spammers in capital cities yelling their gold prices.
 Mav
10-11-2011, 7:58 PM
That was the best part about Galaxies, walking inside a cantina and watching people's twi'lek alts dancing for monies.
 Jeff
10-12-2011, 2:07 PM
That was the best part about Galaxies, walking inside a cantina and watching people's twi'lek alts dancing for monies.I think that was a little different :p
Page: 1 of 1