Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any Pros at modding. PLEASE HELP

Page: 1 of 1
 darth hk-47
10-07-2011, 4:35 PM
Hey
I was learning how to create your own modules using pre exsisting ones from kotor 1, but I want to do it to Kotor 2. If you know please help me with this problem
Thank You
 TimBob12
10-07-2011, 4:45 PM
Im almost %100 percent certain it is exactly the same just with a K2 module as you can't use things from K1 in K2 and vice versa unless they are already in the game files.
 Fallen Guardian
10-07-2011, 5:32 PM
You'd be right TimBob, it's exactly the same. Just you can't use Kotor 1 assets.
 darth hk-47
10-08-2011, 1:44 PM
could someone make a tutorial on how to make an area using pre exsisting areas for kotor 2 please
 Canderis
10-08-2011, 2:01 PM
Its exactly the same as k1 as said above. LEARN TO READ. And there are quite a few tutorials ALREADY for it. Just look.
 Marius Fett
10-08-2011, 4:41 PM
LEARN TO READ

Come on, Canderis, there's no need to get angry. darth hk-47 may not necessarily have English as his first language, so he may be having some difficulty getting his message across.

@darth hk-47:

As others have pointed out, the process of building the area is essentially the same as making an area for KotOR.

The only major difference you should be concerned with as a beginner is that in TSL there's no visible cheat console, which means the 'whereami' cheat can't be used to get the necessary co-ordinates to spawn objects in your module.

All you need is the whereami Armband by Darth333 and you're away though!

Here's a link to where you can get the armband:

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#ae)

Good luck!
 darth hk-47
10-13-2011, 8:11 PM
thanks marius fett. also do you know how to get the cheat code to work. is the game supposed to stop to type because for some reason when i type the code nothing happens. I did the enablecheats for it but it dosen't work still
 jonathan7
10-14-2011, 1:22 AM
The cheat console is invisible in TSL, so just type out the full cheat code and hit return, and as long as you've typed it correctly it will still work.
 darth hk-47
10-15-2011, 6:54 AM
jonathan7, where on the keyboard is the return button or is it a control set in the game???
 jonathan7
10-15-2011, 8:00 AM
It's also called the "Enter key". The console works EXACTLY the same as K1, apart from the fact it's invisible. Google is also your friend and would of led you to this;

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_return_key_on_the_keyboard)
 darth hk-47
10-15-2011, 3:48 PM
Thanks, but like i said before, for some reason I can't get the whereami armband. I have tried everything to see if it would work and it dosen't work. i have the EnableCheats=1 under the swkotor2.ini under the game options and for some reason nothing happens when i click the return button. I typed in the code correctly which is giveitem d3_location and when i go to the equipt screen nothing is there. please help and don't get mad. thanks
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-15-2011, 4:22 PM
^^^ It is frustrating to many of us when someone refuses to try and help themselves on simple things and instead makes a plea for help that could be eliminated by a simple google search.

Use KSE to give yourself the armband. That way you will definitely have it, and it will appear in your inventory. Then you will need to learn how to use it. Please read the ReadMe thoroughly, as the TSL console is incapable of showing you in-game of what the whereami band tells you. That is what the other program (in the whereami armband download) is for.....
 harIII
10-15-2011, 5:45 PM
This tutorial will put you on the right path to start modding areas, note that I made it for TSL but the process is identical for KOTOR.

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206101)
 UltimateHK47
11-18-2011, 3:42 PM
is there a written tut
 LDR
11-25-2011, 3:57 PM
I used to have a tutorial that was perfect for beginners such as you, but it was lost. Everything from the first week of the 2011 February (which was when it was made) was irretrievably lost.
 darth hk-47
11-26-2011, 2:45 PM
could u try to find it
 LDR
11-26-2011, 4:42 PM
Like I said, it was IRRETRIEVABLY LOST. Being forced to repeat myself is one of my biggest pet peeves, especially when it's repeating something in text format. In which case, the original, is on the post right above yours!

Besides, I do not have a word document copy of it on my computer.

Oh yeah, and how do you find something that's irretrievably lost? There must be a leap of logic here if that's even physically possible.
 UltimateHK47
11-29-2011, 2:20 PM
If your struggling with this. Maybe, (as i was recomended) start small, do a few uti's and skins.
Page: 1 of 1