Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scripting for Beginners

Page: 1 of 1
 LordVader1
10-06-2011, 8:22 AM
I made this turtorial for people that want to learn the basics of Scripting.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.mediafire.com/?108ool0roy0c2m3)
 TimBob12
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't really call this a beginners guide to scripting. More some of the useful functions. If I knew nothing about scripting and saw this thread labelled A Beginners Guide to Scripting and decided to read it then I would come out of the word document none the wiser as to what scripting is.

Its good though for outlining some of the useful functions and how to implement them into a dialog.
 JebusJM
10-06-2011, 5:30 PM
Okay, good try anyway, but... like TimBob said, it really isn't a beginners guide. I only understand it because I know what ResRef's are, I know what you mean by adding the Resref to the dialog file. If you really want this to be a beginners guide, redo it all, adding details of what ResRef's are, how they are used. You go onto the dialog files like everyone knows how to do it.
Page: 1 of 1