Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Crystal Cave Texture

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
09-11-2011, 3:33 AM
So having gotten a new computer recently I'm seeing a lot of weird changes to the textures. Now I would assume that would be do to my graphics card just being newer and hating Kotor. But anyway, in the crystal cave on Dantooine the crystals always looked pretty cool, well now they look like this:

http://i55.tinypic.com/167t2dc.jpg)

Is there a way to fix this?
 TimBob12
09-11-2011, 4:57 AM
To be honest I think these new crystals look pretty cool.
 Dak Drexl
09-11-2011, 11:26 AM
It could be because your graphics card doesn't display glows in-game. For some reason mine doesn't either... Download a weapon that is supposed to glow (my sword pack has 2) and see if it does or not. If it doesn't, there is your answer. It's pretty lame...
 Fallen Guardian
09-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Aww, that sucks. Well at least Kotor actually runs. Eventually I think I'm just going to buy an older computer specifically reserved for playing old games.
 CptPriceless
09-11-2011, 1:07 PM
I have the exact same problem with my graphics actually. I'm guessing you're using Windows 7 with an Intel(GMA) driver? Try toying around with the appearance settings there. My Sith Troopers also looked incredibly funky, but I recolored them - so they look kind of like Dak's previously released mod with the solid colors. Maybe you can do the same.
 Dak Drexl
09-11-2011, 1:16 PM
^^Yup. For me, k1 and tsl don't display glows at at all.

In k1 and tsl, shiny armor is way too shiny and has stripes.

In k1, shiny weapons do the same as above. However in tsl shiny weapons are see-through...

It's so stupid haha. I use a combo of getting used to it and removing alpha channels like cpt mentioned so stuff isn't so damn shiny or see-through.
 Fallen Guardian
09-11-2011, 1:59 PM
Yeah, it seems some of my textures for armors look too dark, I've fixed some of them but the others are okay enough for me to just get used to.
Page: 1 of 1