Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Eclectic Equipment (or, my first mod)

Page: 1 of 1
 Al_Ciao
08-08-2011, 8:22 AM
For my first mod, I decided to do something simple, just adding a few new items.

It IS a cheat mod.

In TSL (and KotOR for that matter), you have to make some tough decisions when equipping characters. Do you want the Dominator Gauntlets that increase Str, or the Jal Shey Mentor Gloves that increase Wis? Does your Guardian want heavy armor for max protection, or a robe with regeneration?

With Eclectic Equipment, you can have the best of both worlds! All the best effects from each type of equipment are combined into one. That is, I made one pair of gloves that combines all the best effects of all gloves in the vanilla game, one implant that combines all the best effects of all implants in the game, and so forth.

I also came up with some unique backstories/item descriptions for each one, which I hope people will find fascinating.

Right now, it's basically done. (It took longer than it would take most, I imagine, because I'm new to all this.) However, I was wondering if someone would be willing for me to send you a zip of the utis just to try it out on their system, to make sure it works and so forth. Not sure what can go wrong with just a few utis, but still.

Any takers?
 Capibara
08-09-2011, 3:31 AM
I would check it but can't (don't have tsl installed on my current laptop), but if i may make a suggestion as to the content: do the opposite... there's loads of 'cheat' mods with overpowering items and by default both games are super easy. Making more diverse, less powerful items that offer different alternatives to different character builds would prove more interesting, and entertaining, in the long run. ;)
 Al_Ciao
08-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Indeed you are right, Capibara (love the name! I saw a show about those animals once), but this is basically my first attempt at item editing, so I just wanted to see what I could do with it.

I have also considered making more balanced items, and have considered a few ideas for that, too. :)
Page: 1 of 1