Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you like your coffee?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue Nine
06-30-2011, 7:38 PM
Some of us partake in the ambrosia that is coffee while some of us simply aren't worthy enough. For those of us that are, how do you take your morning nectar from the gods?

Credit goes to Negative Sun for this suggestion.
 Darth InSidious
06-30-2011, 8:40 PM
Strong enough to stand a spoon in, with enough milk to give it some nutritional value as well as the caffeine, but not so much that it loses the flavour. I sometimes have it iced in the summer.
 Q
06-30-2011, 9:37 PM
Black.
 Trench
06-30-2011, 10:00 PM
I like my coffee like I like my women. Ground up in the freezer Black.
 decalibron
06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
lol trench, that has to be one of the funniest replies to anything i've seen in quite awhile. i actually laughed out loud when i read that.
 mimartin
07-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Irish only without the coffee.
 Hallucination
07-01-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I'm a cappuccino making hipster when the fancy strikes me.
 Sabretooth
07-01-2011, 1:06 AM
I like my coffee like I like my ice.

Icy.
 acdcfanbill
07-01-2011, 3:01 AM
in the form of Black Tea...
 Alexrd
07-01-2011, 5:18 AM
Strong enough to stand a spoon in,

With sugar.
 Pho3nix
07-01-2011, 8:34 AM
I drink it very rarely, but when I do It's with milk and lots of sugar.
 Miltiades
07-01-2011, 9:24 AM
Milk, no sugar.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-01-2011, 1:01 PM
Coffee black, by the gallon, please. Other than water, coffee is my main source of hydration :xp:

Good coffee needs no additives, though I have had the unfortunate experience of having coffee that tasted as if it had come from a weasel's butt... :indif:
 Totenkopf
07-01-2011, 1:33 PM
Coffee, huh.... Meh, its not worthy.

@ChAiNz---don't even want to know how you (or niner for that matter) know what a weasel's butt tastes like.... :xp:
 Negative Sun
07-01-2011, 2:48 PM
@ChAiNz---don't even want to know how you (or niner for that matter) know what a weasel's butt tastes like.... :xp:
Detailed report please!

Sugar (lots) and some milk usually for me :thmbup1:
 Rogue Nine
07-01-2011, 6:36 PM
Good coffee needs no additives, though I have had the unfortunate experience of having coffee that tasted as if it had come from a weasel's butt... :indif:

Detailed report please!

weasel butt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak)

I haven't actually had it, but I've had a beer brewed with those particular kinds of beans. Surprisingly, it didn't taste like s***. :xp:
 ChAiNz.2da
07-01-2011, 7:34 PM
Coffee, huh.... Meh, its not worthy.

Detailed report please!
I'm pretty sure the Coffee Weaselâ„¢ was playing a joke on me... ;)
What?! You don't have one?! Any civilized coffee connoisseur worth their salt has their very own coffee-serving weasel o_Q

http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/photoshop/weasel_coffee.png)

weasel butt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak)

I haven't actually had it, but I've had a beer brewed with those particular kinds of beans. Surprisingly, it didn't taste like s***. :xp:
Considering the ludicrous cost of the beans (or gawdz forbid a brewed cup).. I'll stay ignorant of the experience .. hehe
 Totenkopf
07-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Would you be talking about this or some other animal?
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/06/20/civet-cat-butt-coffe.html)
 Darth InSidious
07-03-2011, 9:19 AM
Considering the ludicrous cost of the beans (or gawdz forbid a brewed cup).. I'll stay ignorant of the experience .. hehe

Much of it is also, apparently, fake. At least in the Western world.
 Lynk Former
07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
 Darth Avlectus
07-03-2011, 4:58 PM
Not much of a coffee drinker as I prefer unsweetened tea. Or steamed tea. If I do drink coffee: black just like my heart. So long as filters are cleaned as appropriate.

I'm getting to a point where sweetener really bothers me in some drinks and foods.

Energy drinks are too addictive, but I did try some "Speed" energy drink awhile ago. Just a sip and the surge caused everything to become more colorful and vibrant for a moment as my senses and entire awareness suddenly perked up. Tingling in the base of the skull.

I'd recommend it to anyone driving late at night and starting to get sleepy at the wheel. A sip at a time 'll do ya fine. Just make sure you have food to burn during the intake or have eaten well prior or you'll have an intestinal demon you don't want (just like any other product in this category). Also make sure you have plenty of time to sleep for the crash once you come down off of it. It isn't going to be pretty.
 Mav
07-03-2011, 7:27 PM
Black, Kona
 Tommycat
07-03-2011, 9:32 PM
Depends on the beans really. Some it's just plain black. Others you have to cut the bitter a tad. So I go with what I do when it's just Circle K coffee. Lots of cream lots of sugar.
 jawathehutt
07-04-2011, 7:23 PM
I'm generally just a green tea drinking(blueberry and orange rind with sweet spice) but the main dining center on campus has a free capachino machine that I take advantage of, I usually mix a few flavors together.
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
07-05-2011, 5:42 AM
Milk, and 1.5 teaspoons of sugar.

I quite like Iced, but i have the former more often.
 Ferc Kast
07-05-2011, 9:46 AM
I don't drink coffee, but it's because I choose to not get addicted to substances not good for one's body. :)
 Rinku
07-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm more of a tea drinker. We have this tea shop by my house that is amazing and has me paying money to drink leaf juice (as my siblings call it).

The few times that I have had coffee I have had it either black, or with a small amount of cream.
 Jae Onasi
07-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't drink coffee, but it's because I choose to not get addicted to substances not good for one's body. :)
You're just afraid to admit you're not worthy. :xp:

Coffee for me--I love Kauai coffee the best. Too bad I don't live in Hawaii. So, I drink 8 O'Clock hazelnut flavor, and then for decaf (which I have to do in the evening or I can't sleep), decaf Cameron's Chocolate Caramel Brownie. I drink it with milk, 2 splendas, and occasionally a splash of hazelnut creamer.

I've discovered 151 rum in coffee is also fabulous, as is some Bailey's.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Black with a lot of sugar but still black.
 Astor
07-05-2011, 1:54 PM
I don't drink coffee, not because I'm not worthy, but because I can't stand the taste.

Tea is much more civilised anyway. :p
 .:Lord Revan:.
07-05-2011, 5:31 PM
If I drink a coffee it is for social or late nights and nobody wants to go get Monsters. But I usually get coffee from Starbucks
 90SK
07-07-2011, 4:46 PM
With sugar, usually cream too. I like coffee mate type creamer because it has hazelnut and cream flavoring. Not a connoisseur by any extent...
 Jeff
07-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Real men drink black coffee. I'm a real man.

But really I agree with Chainz, good coffee shouldn't need anything added to it.
 jawathehutt
07-08-2011, 2:50 AM
I've discovered 151 rum in coffee is also fabulous, as is some Bailey's.
151 in coffee? I'm a college student who takes ebombs on a regular basis and that sounds insane.
 Lynk Former
07-08-2011, 8:14 AM
Real men drink black coffee. I'm a real man.
Jeff likes his coffee the same way he does his men...
 Negative Sun
07-09-2011, 5:15 AM
151 in coffee? I'm a college student who takes ebombs on a regular basis and that sounds insane.
It's too posh for college students ;)
 Taak Farst
07-09-2011, 4:32 PM
I don't have coffee cause it's absolutely disgustin..
 Qui-Don Jorn
07-09-2011, 9:46 PM
I like my coffee like I like my women. Ground up in the freezer Black.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! LOL
 Qui-Gon Glenn
07-10-2011, 12:45 PM
gimme something really really REALLY REEEEELY strong, then douse it in cream and sugar, and we have my recipe. Sumatra, French Roast, maybe an Italian Roast.

Or let my friend JP brew some of his local-crew-famous Cuban Coffee. Legal CRACK.
 Darth Avlectus
07-12-2011, 8:15 PM
Depends on the beans really. Some it's just plain black. Others you have to cut the bitter a tad. So I go with what I do when it's just Circle K coffee. Lots of cream lots of sugar.

Usually I find if filters are changed and cleaned out regularly the bitterness doesn't accumulate so much.

I don't drink coffee, not because I'm not worthy, but because I can't stand the taste.

Tea is much more civilised anyway. :p
Until the water used to brew it is contaminated. :)

If I drink a coffee it is for social or late nights and nobody wants to go get Monsters. But I usually get coffee from Starbucks

Bleh. YUCK!

Real men drink black coffee. I'm a real man. Try pure cacao sometime.
But really I agree with Chainz, good coffee shouldn't need anything added to it. Seconded.

I like my coffee like I like my women. Ground up in the freezer Black. Hot Coffee. (if you get the reference :naughty:)
 Lady Jedi
07-17-2011, 6:30 PM
Black. Oh so black. But it has to be good quality. None of that cheap stuff, that needs milk and sugar to cover up the weasel butt flavor. :xp:

When it's hot out, I like to take whatever is left in the pot from the morning brew and shake it up with ice and milk. Tasteh! :D

In the winter, a splash of Carolan's Irish Cream hits the spot.
 Writer
07-19-2011, 2:20 AM
Black, Kona

Ooh, Kona coffee is awesome. However, I'm not yet to the point of drinking it black. Hazelnut Coffee Mate works wonders. I used to pour in three quarters coffee, one quarter hazelnut. Lately it's more like five parts coffee, one part hazelnut. A bit better on the wallet. Coffee Mate is expensive!
 Caius Fett
08-04-2011, 3:26 AM
HOT, Black and sweet; like my girlfriend.
 LordOfTheFish
08-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Light and sweet. When I wake up in the morning I want something with flavor to remove the bitter taste in my mouth, not add to it.
 Negative Sun
08-10-2011, 3:57 PM
Light and sweet. When I wake up in the morning I want something with flavor to remove the bitter taste in my mouth, not add to it.
I don't want to know what you get up to at night on a daily basis then lol ;)
 90SK
08-10-2011, 7:17 PM
Actually probs would take mine black above all else, tends to make preference less important if it can be taken harsh black.
 Darth_Xasthur
08-11-2011, 4:05 AM
Lots of cream, lots of sugar.... like the wolf
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-11-2011, 8:58 PM
After tasting the coffee sold in Europe I understand why some people find themselves unworthy of coffee. "/
Page: 1 of 1