Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Adding equipable items to UTC

Page: 1 of 1
 JebusJM
05-31-2011, 9:04 AM
I've been having a problem with this for a while. If I extract a UTC without having anything equipped or in their inventory, when I add something to their Equip List, it is never equipped ingame. I must be missing something.

Here is a screenshot:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g360/jebord/Untitled.jpg)
 Dak Drexl
05-31-2011, 9:31 AM
Yeah for some reason this never works. Try opening up the .utc in kotor tool and either: If it is an existing item, drag it onto the equipment slot from the dropdown menu on the left. Or, if it's a custom item, double click the equipment slot and enter your resref.
 JebusJM
05-31-2011, 9:33 AM
Damn, looks like I'll need to re-do... all... my NPC's. Bleh. Unless anyone at all knows a solution? Thanks for the reply, Dak.
 Dak Drexl
05-31-2011, 5:40 PM
What do you mean re-do?
 JebusJM
05-31-2011, 8:37 PM
Re-do as in open up KotoR tool and extract each NPC again but this time with eqquiped weapons. You said you might know a solution?
 Dak Drexl
05-31-2011, 9:11 PM
You can simply open the .utc using kotor tool. Go to open>gff file>yourfilename and BOOM. You can open your .utc for editing.

Edit: The only problem with this is when your .utc is referencing a custom .2da line. If that's your problem I have a workaround.
 JebusJM
05-31-2011, 9:21 PM
You can simply open the .utc using kotor tool. Go to open>gff file>yourfilename and BOOM. You can open your .utc for editing.

Edit: The only problem with this is when your .utc is referencing a custom .2da line. If that's your problem I have a workaround.

/facedesk
/facepalm

I'm such an idiot. At this moment, the custom .2da isn't a problem, but will be soon. So if you could please explain your solution to me, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks so much Mr Dak. You've just saved me a load of time.
 Dak Drexl
05-31-2011, 9:26 PM
:xp: Happens to the best of us!

The problem is that kotor tool freaks out when you re-open a .utc that you placed a custom .2da line in for some reason. What happens is that you open it, it'll give you an error message and the "appearance" field will be highlighted in red. Now if you were to carry on as normal and save, your file seems to not save or it gets corrupted.

What you do is open the file and ignore the error and make all your changes. Then, before you save it, go into the "appearance" dropdown menu and pick a random one (doesn't matter what you pick as you will fix it next). Now save it and it should save as normal. THEN we re-open it in the gff and put back in your custom line #. It's a long-winded explanation but it's really just 2 extra clicks ;)

If you don't quite understand, you'll understand it when you get the error. As always let me know if you need anything else.
 JebusJM
05-31-2011, 9:28 PM
Pretty sure I got it all, thanks again Dak!
 Jaevyn
06-01-2011, 5:43 AM
When using GFFEditor, you need to put what you want available to equip in the 'ItemList' area with corresponding details. That makes it available to the NPC and possibly to you, depending on whether you set the line 'dropable' to 0 (not dropable) or 1 (will drop on death). Here is an image of one of my custom made UTC files on GFFEditor.

http://i.imgur.com/PZk5A.png)

My advice is to use the UTC editor on Kotor Tool however, it's a lot less messy and if you aren't experienced, it can avoid unnecessary hassles.
 JebusJM
06-01-2011, 5:57 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely sticking with KotoR Tool :)
Page: 1 of 1