Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Accessing sound effects

Page: 1 of 1
 Astor
05-22-2011, 1:11 PM
Hi guys, this isn't strictly a modding question, but it's something I think I can find the answer to here.

Basically, I need to be able to access and use Vogga the Hutt's sound files, but I'm having trouble working out how I can make them usable.

Does anyone know what I need to do so I can use them like a normal sound file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
 TimBob12
05-22-2011, 1:24 PM
They are .WAV files with .MP3 headers for some reason so they have to be decoded using something like GoldWave OR they do open in Audacity and can be resaved.
 Astor
05-23-2011, 4:23 AM
I've tried opening them in Audacity before and they're just empty. Do I need to resave them before they'll work?
 Working Class Hero
05-23-2011, 10:30 AM
just rename all the extensions to mp3.
 Ferc Kast
05-23-2011, 11:18 AM
If you follow step 3 in this (http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/kotor2.htm) tutorial, browsing to & decompressing the voice over files you want to use instead of browsing to & decompressing the music files, the voice over files should be usable. :)
 Astor
05-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys, I've managed to get them working, and just in time too! :)
 TimBob12
05-23-2011, 2:12 PM
If you don't mind me asking for what?
Page: 1 of 1