Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Good Morning, Coruscant!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Jae Onasi
04-05-2011, 8:29 PM
Well, we have some working ideas for a TOR podcast, including the name in the title (if you don't get the reference, check out the movie "Good Morning, Vietnam").

N'Eligahn (a friend of mine from Lotus Fleet) and I will be co-hosting. Both of us love MMOs and both of us love Star Wars. We've podcasted together on GamerCatz before, and we had a lot of fun with it.

First, if you're interested in chatting with us on an occasional or regular basis, or participate in voiceovers for our "ad" spots, please PM me.

Second, if you would like to create some "radio spots" (writing them), post with your ideas. We're thinking along the lines of the "Friggin' Chicken" ad spots found in VtMB, except Star Wars based, of course.

Third, and most important, we need some awesome ideas to kick off the inaugural cast! Do you have any ideas you're dying for us to debate or discuss? Post them here!
 Revan's Will
04-09-2011, 6:03 PM
I'd be willing to write for the podcast, or edit, and insert clever, funny crap when no one's looking.

For the first one, we could talk for a bit about how LucasArts let the EAwoks plan the release date. Nothing makes gamers scream for blood like a delayed release date, or is that just me?

I've been a gamer since I was 3, and Star Wars games were a fixture in my arsenal, mainly KOTOR. I've been a comedy junkie since I was 8 - Robin Williams, Lewis Black, and George Carlin (RIP) have always been my favorites. So I have the comedic college credits.

PM me or whatever, just don't send a carrier pigeon - they ruin my clean car... when they fall out of the sky after being hit by a tennis racket. Flying tennis rackets are a problem in my neighborhood...

Looking forward to creative discussion.
 Jae Onasi
04-09-2011, 8:14 PM
I'm OK with a delayed release date--it gives Bioware more time to work on the MMO. I played a very unpolished Star Trek Online at launch, and the lack of content and polish hurt the game more than it would have if they'd waited even a couple more months to release it.
 Revan's Will
04-09-2011, 9:48 PM
Well, it was an idea - and it has certainly been in discussion recently. Otherwise, I'd say there could be a discussssion on the various class progression things they've released, including a comparison to other MMOs. I know Blizzard was saying that they'd hope TOR did well, that could be discussed.

As they update, there will be more discussion topic ideas, otherwise, address other things happening in the gaming community. You know, have a segment for 'Gaming News' or something, which I'd also be willing to help with.
Page: 1 of 1