Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spam Suggestion

Page: 1 of 1
 Breakman
03-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Spam accounts come every so often and when they do, they can be quite a nuisance (especially if the spam account is live). If it is possible, I suggest creating a tool/page for moderators only to review all new users before they are able to post. Other than verifying their email, there should be a randomized question they will need to answer. We do this at the forum I moderate and it's surprising how many bots and spammers we get. This is extremely helpful when no one is around at the moment. It only takes minutes for spammers to cause hours of work cleaning their crap up.
 Samnmax221
03-13-2011, 4:21 AM
I'm pretty sure this board right here is actually unmoderated outside of complaints. Mind you there is a Star Wars side moderater who can't mind her own ****ing business and comes in to bitch, lock threads, and delete posts when she's on the rag.
 Sabretooth
03-13-2011, 6:23 AM
Mods are sleeping everyone post your cp
 Breakman
03-13-2011, 6:55 PM
I guess I should have been more specific. ^^;

I'm talking about the The Sam & Max Wiki (http://www.samandmax.net/wiki/). We have a spam problem over there sometimes.
 Shmargin
03-18-2011, 1:49 AM
I'm pretty sure this board right here is actually unmoderated outside of complaints. Mind you there is a Star Wars die moderater who can't mind her own ****ing business and comes in to bitch, lock threads, and delete posts when she's on the rag.

I remember her. I think I found her picture on the internet (http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0605/redspot2_hst_f.jpg)!)
 Harald B
03-18-2011, 3:41 PM
Sorry for taking so long to notice this thread. I've brought the recent spam attacks up with David last week and we're looking into adding ReCaptcha and/or Akismet. He's been a bit occupied, but hopefully it'll be done over the weekend.
For what it's worth, we already have several automated anti-spam measures that do help a lot, including making new users do a Captcha.
 Breakman
03-20-2011, 9:46 PM
Sorry for taking so long to notice this thread. I've brought the recent spam attacks up with David last week and we're looking into adding ReCaptcha and/or Akismet. He's been a bit occupied, but hopefully it'll be done over the weekend.
For what it's worth, we already have several automated anti-spam measures that do help a lot, including making new users do a Captcha.

That's good. I just feel sorry for you guys. It seems like every day or every other day a new bot/spammer makes an account. :/

On an unrelated note, I really should stop dragging my feet and help you all with the Wiki, but... ^^;
 Skinkie
03-26-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure this board right here is actually unmoderated outside of complaints. Mind you there is a Star Wars side moderater who can't mind her own ****ing business and comes in to bitch, lock threads, and delete posts when she's on the rag.

What? I thought that was my moderating responsibility!
 Samnmax221
03-31-2011, 3:33 AM
What? I thought that was my moderating responsibility!
No one was more bothered by this than me.
 Skinkie
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
No one was more bothered by this than me.

Really? I puked a horse upon reading it
Page: 1 of 1