Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newbiemodder's Mods - TSL

Page: 3 of 3
 Dak Drexl
12-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Hey newbie, in case you're having trouble finding textures for Tatooine, cgtextures.com is always a really nice resource. I think you have to register, but after you do all of the textures are free for download (larger textures are paid). Even though your last update was a while ago it looks really nice!
 newbiemodder
04-09-2013, 2:30 PM
Ok....been a while. I haven't done any modding since before Thanksgiving. However, a few of recent inquiries by some people coupled with the news from LucasArts has kind of fanned the flames of modding....although very slightly....within newbiemodder.

Here's a cutscene from Onderon Expansion: Return of Yuthura Ban.

I had planned to stick this somewhere during Telos exploration to build awareness of the pending mod.

Nothing fancy.
Thanks to HK-42 for use of Coruscant loadscreens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z463JHqPhXQ)

There is a second cutscene that I will put up in the coming days....just working on the voice files.

RE: Trials of Darth Herrco

What I may do is put out a short Demo or Beta....which will take you through one of the trials and see if you all like it so far. It would be open to whomever wants to play it. It won't include the TSL patcher but instructions to manually install the files, similar to what Logan did with his mod. Stay tuned..........

Like I said, trying to build some excitement and momentum.......we'll see.
 Darth InSidious
04-09-2013, 2:35 PM
Looking good, NM! Can't wait to see more. :D
 kyrie
04-09-2013, 6:48 PM
Hey NM the onderon expansion is that going to be compatible with DI's Tomb of Azguth N'Dul? If you would like a tslpatcher version of the Trials mod I could throw it together for you
 Zhaboka
04-10-2013, 1:24 AM
Nice cutscene! Maybe put the "Kreia-is-communicating-to-you-telepathically" sort of silver halo around the Uthar Wynn shots to make it clear it's a flashback/memory?

Excited!
 newbiemodder
04-10-2013, 10:10 AM
@ kyrie - should be no conflict with either Onderon Expansion or Trials of Darth Herrco with DI's Tomb mod. However, I don't think it is compatible with the original Korriban expansion. I created a whole new 701KOR.mod file for that mod so I could make the transition trigger to the valley floor. I'm assuming DI probably did the same thing. Those two .git files would have to be combined....again I'm assuming that DI did it the same way I did to include his tomb entrance placeable.

@Zhaboka - That force vision effect is included. My graphics card doesn't show it on my computer. But I did include it in the dialog tree so, yes, that should show for all those with better computers than me :(

I uploaded a demo for the Trials of Darth Herrco at Deadly Stream. There is a thread here at TUCE for more info.
 Zhaboka
04-10-2013, 3:52 PM
Yay! Will get to playing real soon. Sorry your computer is le bad. :/
 Darth InSidious
04-10-2013, 4:38 PM
@ kyrie - should be no conflict with either Onderon Expansion or Trials of Darth Herrco with DI's Tomb mod. However, I don't think it is compatible with the original Korriban expansion. I created a whole new 701KOR.mod file for that mod so I could make the transition trigger to the valley floor. I'm assuming DI probably did the same thing. Those two .git files would have to be combined....again I'm assuming that DI did it the same way I did to include his tomb entrance placeable.
Actually, I spawned in the tomb entrance using Kreia's initial speech about the tombs, so there shouldn't be any incompatibility there. :)
 newbiemodder
07-01-2013, 2:33 PM
Little update, haven't done one for sometime so.....

Trials of Darth Herrco

Things are moving along after a long layoff, but I'm happy with the mod so far. Will probably need some voice actors so I may be contacting some of you out there who have previously done work for me or have volunteered your services.

No screenies... really not much worth showing that you haven't already seen.

Korriban Expansion 2.0

I am also going to release with the Trials of Darth Herrco a sort of updated Korriban Expansion. It will include a NEW area to explore which will fit in with the pre-existing areas. I will also include some other little **extras** and some fixes for some minor bugs.

So, if you experienced any bugs that you think should be fixed, pm me here at LF. I already know about the Sanctuary problem that some users have had and the journal entry that does not close out. If any others, let me know.

Onderon Expansion

This mod is on indefinite hold. It is a big mod and right now I just don't have the focus for.

That's all I have for now...not much...but still alive and kick'n.
 GeorgNihilus
07-02-2013, 4:57 PM
hey newbie! u still on this ain't you? :comp9:

good to see you're giving a good use to Quanon's work ... how's your progress on this? is there a progress? :lol:
 newbiemodder
08-28-2013, 2:46 PM
Who wants to do some voice acting?! Let me hear you :clap2:

send me a pm
 newbiemodder
10-30-2013, 3:38 PM
It's been quite sometime since I've had an update, so here we go..................

I shelved The Trials of Darth Herrco for now. Put it on the back burner. I didn't get the response I had hoped from the demo release. I know this may be a selfish reason for stopping but if no one plays it...why bother.

I've resumed working on my Onderon Expansion/Yuthura Ban mod. Making wonderful progress. I had planned to release it in parts, you know Part 1,2, and 3. However, I'm cruising pretty good on the mod and finding voice actors for all the parts has pretty much killed that idea. It will be released as one whole mod.

I also plan to make a little add-on area for my first Korriban Expansion. Also it will fix some bugs, add a few extras, etc. That has been started but is playing second fiddle to Onderon right now.

Here are couple pics. Nothing special.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=9557)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=9558)

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far...especially all you voice actors. You know who you are. Thank you!

The tents in the above picture were ripped out of one of Quanon's donated area models. Thanks Q.

Finally, here is a teaser trailer for Onderon/Return of Yuthura Ban. I basically combined two cutscenes I had planned to incorporate into early gameplay of KOTOR2. I decided who needs the extra work and just made a video. The first part I did release previously somewhere on this thread. The second part is new. Hope you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhTCWTlPHw&feature=youtu.be)
 jonathan7
10-30-2013, 4:24 PM
I shelved The Trials of Darth Herrco for now. Put it on the back burner. I didn't get the response I had hoped from the demo release. I know this may be a selfish reason for stopping but if no one plays it...why bother.

it's understandable; for me personally I mod for things I want in my game and the fact I enjoying tinkering around; it lets me release my creative side. Add that people come and go, I didn't know a demo was out until this post (I will give the demo a go and let you know what I think at some stage). Given the size of the community and the age of the games, I think there will be less and less interest in mods unfortunately.

As for the update "nothing special" - it is most definitely special... Talented and ambitious modding at its best...
 Sith Holocron
11-01-2013, 6:01 PM
I shelved The Trials of Darth Herrco for now. Put it on the back burner. I didn't get the response I had hoped from the demo release.

At least you didn't toss all the work out on the Trials. I hope you'll come back to it at some point.

I see that Yuthura seems to be working out for you and the Onderon Expansion. Glad to hear it!
 Fallen Guardian
11-01-2013, 8:16 PM
Looking good.
 Zhaboka
11-01-2013, 9:15 PM
AHHH that teaser was really cool. Loving the parallels to Yoda's death, obvious as they are. ;) Very much looking forward to this.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Nicely done cutscene! Very cinematic, and the lipsinc is particularly good IMO.
 Darth InSidious
11-02-2013, 2:18 PM
Looks fantastic, NM. Can't wait to see more. :D
 newbiemodder
05-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey kids, newbiemodder here. I received a couple pm's recently asking about my projects so I thought I'd touch base seeing it's been quite a while.

I haven't done any modding since October 2013. Long story but it involves an unexpected installing of Windows 8 on my computer by my wife...anger, frustrations, nights on the couch etc, etc....then the holday season, etc etc. Long story. Anyways, still trying to get my kotor2 working on new Windows 8---which I hate. Have used the info on the threads but still not working right. KotorTool isn't working either so there's another problem.

I've told myself a few times to just walk away from the modding and move on, but I still find myself thinking about my projects. So.....I'm still here....one of these days this stuff will get finished.

UPDATE: I guess I have a bad disc 2. it keeps getting stuck during insallation...googled it and it seems to be a common problem. I need to buy a new game. How does a disc go bad or get scratched when sitting in a case for the better part of 10 years???
 Sith Holocron
05-01-2014, 12:19 PM
An unexpected Windows 8 installation? My condolences. . .
 Christos K
05-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Yah I do NOT like Windows 8... Windows 7 was nice but then again Windows 7 was what Windows Vista should have been.
 Zhaboka
05-09-2014, 8:07 PM
Ugh, I'm sorry about that. Best of luck.
Page: 3 of 3