Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

B5M7: Fighting Marauder Corvettes

Page: 1 of 1
 reve_etrange
03-07-2011, 5:39 PM
It's been a long time since I played X-Wing on my Dad's Quadra 610 but some how I'm addicted to the last game of the series all over again...I guess it's just a great game. Anyway I ended up stuck raiding the Hurrim base.
My trouble is really with fighting the two M/CRVs in the level; the prey birds and static defenses I can handle and the ISDII will soon be nothing against my developing Force Run. But how do you guys fight Marauder Corvettes?
Even in the simulator I haven't developed a good strategy - I always take hits from the laser turrets as soon as I angle my weapons towards the corvette. My wing mates don't seem very effective against the M/CRV either since they mostly just sit in one place futilely firing torpedoes into a cloud of laser fire.
Hints for the mission or general anti-M/CRV strategy would be greatly appreciated.
Page: 1 of 1