Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Tatooine Job Office

Page: 1 of 2
 TimBob12
01-25-2011, 2:22 PM
The Tatooine Job Office

Hooray, after several months it is finally here,

NOTE: Just wanted to say that the readme mentions about how if TSL Patcher mentions a skipped global.jrl file then they needed to use JRL Merger. It has now come to my attention that this error in fact means that TSL Patcher could not enter in a normal version to add to so it added to the existing version.

SUMMARY:
IF YOU GET AN ERROR ABOUT A SKIPPED GLOBAL.JRL FILE THEN IT IS UNIMPORTANT AND DOES NOT NEED ANY EXTRA MODDIFICATIONS!

Download Links

Deadly Stream - http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/34-tatooine-job-office/)
Kotor Files - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Tatooine_Job_Office;118238)

Screenshots: (If I added anymore I would ruin the quests)

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7919/swkotor20100709202001.png)

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7981/swkotor20100709202037.png)

This is my first major mod for KOTOR.

This adds 3 new quests to Tatooine for the first KOTOR game. You can get these quests from the Jawa in the Czerka Office. The quests are:

The Missiing Supplies
The Missing Officer
The Missing Weapon

This adds several new NPCs to the game including some fairly difficult fights. There is also a new store where you can buy some new custom items which I have made.

All the script source is available and I have commented it all so that new modders can look and see how script functions can be used practically as each script has an explanation as to what it does.

There is the option to have a manual install although TSL Patcher is also available to make it compatible with most other mods.

Once again this is my first major mod so all feedback (good or bad) is appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy

TB12

EDIT: If you wish to play this with BOS:SR then get the patch from here

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20306318/job_office_bos.zip)
 Bob Ta'aar
01-25-2011, 4:14 PM
once again, good job!

I like how you implemented it all with scripts rather than modified module-files. This way, it's got better compatability with other mods, I think.

Anyways, there's no need to use the JRLMerger, if the TSLPatcher reports, that global.jrl was skipped. That warning means just, that there already was a custom global.jrl in the override-folder before you ran the patcher, so it couldn't put a fresh, unedited one into it (which the TSLPatcher has to do, if there isn't an existing one).
If you scroll down to the patcher-log, you'll see that global.jrl got modified still, also with the warning above :).
 TimBob12
01-25-2011, 4:31 PM
never mind even if people use jrl merger it won't make a diference to journal file it will alll be there. Ill put a note in the first post though.
 Lord of Hunger
01-25-2011, 5:06 PM
Congrats! Been looking forward to this for awhile and I'm pleased to see the release.

Downloading. :D
 Dak Drexl
01-25-2011, 6:06 PM
Good job, can't wait to try it on my next playthrough!
 Xarwarz
01-26-2011, 2:50 AM
new content is always good content
 Qui-Gon Glenn
01-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Congratulations TimBob12!!!

I have watched your progress and growth with admiration... You have really learned a lot in a short time, and been very helpful around Holowan as you have learned! Thanks!!

I look forward to seeing your Jawa quest-master in the near future :)
 Salzella
03-09-2011, 11:24 PM
wheeee cool, something else to do on Tatooine that's not pretending to be Han Solo! :D
 Christos K
04-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Are these quests only on Tatooine as I have only finished one of them so far and have been looking all over Tatooine for different things to interact with.
 Knight_Revan_17
04-27-2011, 1:40 AM
The Tatooine Job Office

This adds 3 new quests to Tatooine for the first KOTOR game. You can get these quests from the Jawa in the Czerka Office. The quests are:

TB12

Are these quests only on Tatooine as I have only finished one of them so far and have been looking all over Tatooine for different things to interact with.

I would guess that they are for Tatooine.
 SITH LORD 872
04-27-2011, 5:40 AM
This mod was on file front, I all ready have it in KOTOR, But i have had this for almost a year now!!
 Christos K
04-27-2011, 2:47 PM
I would guess that they are for Tatooine.

I know they start on Tatooine but that doesn't mean they don't go to other planets...

Anyways. Could anyone tell me where to go next to get to the missing supplies and missing item. I have been all over Tatooine and I even looked at the screen shots which gave me a hint that there would be a Rodian but still I can't find ANYTHING.
 SITH LORD 872
04-27-2011, 7:15 PM
[QUOTE=Christos K;2776054]I know they start on Tatooine but that doesn't mean they don't go to other planets...

Anyways. Could anyone tell me where to go next to get to the missing supplies and missing item. I have been all over Tatooine and I even looked at the screen shots which gave me a hint that there would be a Rodian but still I can't find ANYTHING.[

The missing supplies are in the Cantina, Once you enter look to your left, there is a shady Rodian, Talk to him look into his inventory, Then you can threaten him or kill him!!
 Christos K
04-27-2011, 7:30 PM
Is this mod compatible with BoS:SR or Redhawke's Ord Mantel? Cause I can't find the Rodian in the cantina like you said and I think those two mods have characters with similar names.
 SITH LORD 872
04-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Is this mod compatible with BoS:SR or Redhawke's Ord Mantel? Cause I can't find the Rodian in the cantina like you said and I think those two mods have characters with similar names.

I'm not sure, I used this mod with a couple of other one's, But not the one you mentioned, When i played it, The Rodion was in the Tattooine cantina to my left!!
 Christos K
04-28-2011, 1:07 AM
Oh well. Maybe TimBob will see that I need some help with installing this mod. Its not the biggest concern of mine at the moment. Thanks for helping Sith Lord.
 SITH LORD 872
04-28-2011, 1:13 AM
No prob, I have some experience, Not a lot, But since i have used this mod, I figured i would try, But good luck, It's a fun mod!!
 TimBob12
04-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Good afternoon people.

First off check the Docking Bay for the Missing Item. A lot of people struggle to find that one.

Looking back over it, the problem might be that I created the Rodian right at the start of this mod and just put his tag as rodian thinking I'd change it later which I never did. I have also noticed that this makes him appear in the Korriban Cantina. I feel a patch coming on.

This should fix the problem.

Working on it now...
 Christos K
04-28-2011, 2:06 PM
Yah I noticed that when I reached Korriban the Rodian was in the Cantina. Still need to cover the Missing Item. Thanks for the clue.
 SITH LORD 872
04-28-2011, 2:54 PM
That would explain why i found him on Tattooine, and not Korriban, Which makes a lot of sense now!!
 TimBob12
04-28-2011, 4:21 PM
also another thing, How could you have had it for a year. Its only been out since January.
 SITH LORD 872
04-28-2011, 4:48 PM
also another thing, How could you have had it for a year. Its only been out since January.

I found this mod on a site a long time ago, Maybe not a year but way before this was ever posted, Just like the Order 66 mod, Someone else all ready made that mod, So I'm starting to think that some people are stealing and or taking credit for someone's mods.

Which is why i stay off of other forums, This is the only one i like being on!!
 Phildevil
04-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Do you remember where you did get-it perchance? It may not be the same mod...
 Christos K
04-29-2011, 1:51 AM
I found this mod on a site a long time ago, Maybe not a year but way before this was ever posted, Just like the Order 66 mod, Someone else all ready made that mod, So I'm starting to think that some people are stealing and or taking credit for someone's mods.

Which is why i stay off of other forums, This is the only one i like being on!!

But if it was on the other site a long time ago that would mean TimBob was the one who stole it.... Which I doubt. Also I still can't find the Missing Item. I check the Loading Bay and there is nothing there except for the default stuff.
But I notice when I am on Korriban I can be walking down the Dreshdae corridors and I will hear what sounds like a Rodian fighting and perhaps dying but I can't see them, like they are in the walls.
 TimBob12
04-29-2011, 4:01 AM
When you exit the ebon hawk look to your right there should be a plasteel container and it should be in there and trigger a cutscene.

Do you remember where you did get-it perchance? It may not be the same mod...

It must be the same mod because he knew the correct location for the Rodian.

Perhaps it didn't install properly if two of the quest plot things are missing?

Also I didn't steal it I made it all from scratch. I originally wanted to create a bounty office but found that that had already been done so switched it to a Job Office.
 Slstoev
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
I seem to have a bug in which Bastila's mum Helena disappears and I can't continue the quest. The only 2 mods I use that modify Tatooine is some meaningful way are your mod and Recruitable Kay but in the thread Inyri says it's a completely unrelated mod problem.

At first while I was beta testing I said that this particular bug maybe a problem and I wondered if you took it in account. Anyways is there a way to progress the quest?
 TimBob12
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
This shouldn't affect any of this as I haven't touched anything to do with that part. I will look into it though.
 TheIrishHoplite
04-29-2011, 1:27 PM
Okay, I have an odd problem with this mod. I'll use spoilers so as not to ruin the mod for others.

When I complete The Missing Officer quest, somehow his corpse overwrites Mission's brother in the Sand People base.

I can get him to return by deleting some files from your mod from my override folder, but it's kind of irritating. Any suggestions?

Great mod by the way. More of the same would be greatly appreciated.
 TimBob12
04-29-2011, 1:31 PM
Hmm, I did replace an existing corpse which may have affected it. I'm having a look into Slstoev's problem as well so ill investigate this.
 Christos K
04-29-2011, 2:53 PM
I had a feeling that Missing Czerka Officer corpse was an existing one. Anyways. So when I get off of the Ebon Hawk on Tatooine look to the right for a plasteel container. Well I will try all the planets just in case it installed incorrectly like the Rodian did.
Edit: Well checked on Tatooine for the container and still nothing... There are still all the default footlockers though.
Edit: I also check other planets right after getting off the Ebon Hawk and still can't find it. Whats the name of the file. I am assuming its a .utp
I could check my override to see if its there and if its already there see if the two files are the same.
 TimBob12
04-29-2011, 3:18 PM
It is in the existing plasteel cylinder to the right. I didn't create a new one.
 SITH LORD 872
04-29-2011, 4:17 PM
When you exit the ebon hawk look to your right there should be a plasteel container and it should be in there and trigger a cutscene.

It must be the same mod because he knew the correct location for the Rodian.

Perhaps it didn't install properly if two of the quest plot things are missing?

Also I didn't steal it I made it all from scratch. I originally wanted to create a bounty office but found that that had already been done so switched it to a Job Office.

First off i am not saying you stole it, But perhaps someone else took your idea, On a second note, I have noticed on some other forums, That people tend to steal and or take other peoples idea's.

I didn't join on here to cause problems, but to learn how to do things and meet new people, If i come off as out of line in my statement, I apologize!!:)
 TimBob12
04-29-2011, 4:37 PM
That's Ok I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't steal it and that I cdon't condole the stealing of mods.
 Christos K
04-29-2011, 6:12 PM
It is in the existing plasteel cylinder to the right. I didn't create a new one.

Interesting. Oh well, maybe on my next playthrough it will work correctly.
 TimBob12
05-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I have uploaded a new version to Deadly Stream that is waiting approval. So hopefully this might fix some stuff.
 Slstoev
05-05-2011, 3:28 PM
I have uploaded a new version to Deadly Stream that is waiting approval. So hopefully this might fix some stuff.

By that do you mean a patch or a new version in which I have to delete the old one?
 TimBob12
05-05-2011, 4:19 PM
Its a new version as it has new files and stuff that have new names. so preferably delete the old one. I just downloaded BOS SR and am testing it.
 SITH LORD 872
05-05-2011, 4:55 PM
Its a new version as it has new files and stuff that have new names. so preferably delete the old one. I just downloaded BOS SR and am testing it.

Could the download be the reason why when i added other mods, That bastila's Mother was missing from the cantina?
 Slstoev
05-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Aha I'm not alone.

Edit: I wish there was a TSL un-Patcher or a mod uninstaller.
 TimBob12
05-06-2011, 2:33 AM
Could the download be the reason why when i added other mods, That bastila's Mother was missing from the cantina?

Not sure I follow you.

As to the bugs looking at it BOSSR shares a few spwan scripts with the Job Office.

I should be able to make a patch.

Edit: I wish there was a TSL un-Patcher or a mod uninstaller.

Hmmmmmm, strokes long beard in a manner that suggests thinking.
 Slstoev
05-06-2011, 6:36 AM
Will I have to replay Tatooine?

Edit: Can you provide a link until TJ uploads to DS?
 TimBob12
05-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Possibly although i don't think so and the patch isn't done yet.
 Slstoev
05-06-2011, 11:17 AM
To which question?
 TimBob12
05-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Patch done

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20306318/job_office_bos.zip)

I don't think you'll have to replay tatooine. just ask if you have any problems :D
 Slstoev
05-06-2011, 11:40 PM
I know this is the patch for BOSSR but will it help me fix the bug I have?
 TimBob12
05-07-2011, 2:38 PM
I don't think so, what other mods do you have installed as I cannot find anything that should create the error you have specified.
 Knight_Revan_17
07-01-2011, 2:06 PM
I seem to have a bug in which Bastila's mum Helena disappears and I can't continue the quest. The only 2 mods I use that modify Tatooine is some meaningful way are your mod and Recruitable Kay but in the thread Inyri says it's a completely unrelated mod problem.

At first while I was beta testing I said that this particular bug maybe a problem and I wondered if you took it in account. Anyways is there a way to progress the quest?

I've reinstalled KotOR and I'm having the same problem where Bastila's mom isn't in the Cantina. This is the only mod I have that changes Tatooine in any way.
 Karstedt
07-24-2011, 2:48 AM
In the script k_ptat17ab_enter you execute script k_ptat17ab_enter_old, but I cannot find this script. I'm assuming it's the original ptat17ab script. I have no idea if this is causing a problem or not, I just noticed it because I was trying to make your mod work with another one (Jabba's Palace) using that script.
 TimBob12
07-24-2011, 4:11 AM
Wow, ^^^^^^ makes me feel real stupid.

You can fix it yourself now by extracting

k_ptat17ab_enter

and renaming it to

k_ptat17ab_enter_old

Although I will have a new version of the office up at Deadly Stream later today.
 SITH LORD 872
07-24-2011, 2:09 PM
I'm on my second play through, and now the Rodian doesn't show up, Am i doing something wrong, or am i using too many mods at once?
Page: 1 of 2