Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing hair and/or color?

Page: 1 of 1
 Acleacius
01-16-2011, 12:34 AM
What type of modding is changing hair style and color?

I really like the look of this Mature Bastila for TSL (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_Shan_Mature_Look;91014) but think the hair a different hair style and color would look even better.

Thanks for any tips or links. :)
 TriggerGod
01-16-2011, 12:49 AM
What type of modding is changing hair style and color?

I really like the look of this Mature Bastila for TSL (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_Shan_Mature_Look;91014) but think the hair a different hair style and color would look even better.

Thanks for any tips or links. :)

A different hair style would be head modeling, and a complete redo of the hair would be incredibly difficult, especially to someone new to the scene. A different color, however, falls into the Skinning category, and is much simpler to accomplish, as long as you have Photoshop/GIMP/Paint shop pro/whatever graphic editor that isn't MS Paint.

I can't make this clear enough, please dont use MS Paint for any skin.
 Acleacius
01-16-2011, 6:18 PM
:lol: ok I promise no m$ paint!

Actually don't have the tools or the experience atm to do it, so Mature Bastila is safe from me. ;)

Well hopefully either this game gets ported to a real engine or they release the Source. Can't imagine why they haven't released it yet or the logic not to in the first place. It's not like this engine is some technological marvel, nor a threat to the universe or mankind in general.
 TriggerGod
01-16-2011, 8:23 PM
Well hopefully either this game gets ported to a real engine

KOTOR and TSL are on a real engine. If by real engine you mean widely known engine (an engine that's used for a lot of stuff, either in its native form or modified), like Source or Unreal, then its because neither of those engines are really made for RPG games.

or they release the Source. Can't imagine why they haven't released it yet or the logic not to in the first place. It's not like this engine is some technological marvel, nor a threat to the universe or mankind in general.
They don't release the source simply because its their engine and they can choose what to do with it. Obsidian can't do anything about it because TSL was created using an 'upgraded' Odyssey engine, which is both created by Bioware and used in the original KOTOR. And they 'retired' Odyssey back sometime after TSL was released (they did create a "big brother" engine to the Odyssey, called Eclipse, which is used for their recent Dragon Age game. I suppose in theory someone could create a total conversion of Origins to be a remake of the KOTOR series, but having not played Origins extensively I wouldn't know how many mechanics would still be possible, and the fact total conversions are a pain in the ass to make, nearly impossible unless you have large ocean-sized portions of time and commitment, and a team with, relatively, the same amount of free time and commitment.)

Long story short; its their engine, they reserve rights on whether or not to release the source code. And they obviously don't want to. Which is why we had to create our own modding tools, and have to discover how they made the game by ourselves.
Page: 1 of 1