Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Waypoints

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
01-08-2011, 6:49 PM
For K1 I'm trying to make NPCs walk waypoints. Yes I have looked at the tutorials and I am confused because they still stand still. I was just wondering if anyone could help.
 Nick Vader
05-03-2011, 10:15 AM
For K1 I'm trying to make NPCs walk waypoints. Yes I have looked at the tutorials and I am confused because they still stand still. I was just wondering if anyone could help.

Tell you the truth, I too am quite confused with how they work. Anyway, if you want the character/NPC to just walk around randomly, you'll have to change his Heartbeat slot of the scripts in his tab in Ktool, to the name of a new script that you'll make, which will contain this:

void main()
{
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF,ActionRandomWalk());
}
 TimBob12
05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Waypoints are heavily reliant on the filenames so make sure that they are all correct.

Also I found that SithSpector's tutorial underneath was easier to follow than tk102's.

Nick: When writing code use the

(code) (/code) - but replace () with []

Tags
 Dak Drexl
05-03-2011, 3:17 PM
Tell you the truth, I too am quite confused with how they work. Anyway, if you want the character/NPC to just walk around randomly, you'll have to change his Heartbeat slot of the scripts in his tab in Ktool, to the name of a new script that you'll make, which will contain this:

void main()
{
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF,ActionRandomWalk());
}

I tried this and it kind of sucks. The NPC it's assigned to takes one step in a random direction, stops, waits a little, and then takes another step randomly. It doesn't sound too bad, but the NPC might as well not move because it does so little.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way we can modify the RandomWalk command so that the NPC takes more steps?
 Nick Vader
05-03-2011, 5:53 PM
When writing code use the (code) (/code)

Tags

Was in a bit of a hurry at the time...
Page: 1 of 1