Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scripting Journal Entries

Page: 1 of 1
 TimBob12
12-09-2010, 1:19 PM
Hi there,
As many of you know I am currently working on my Tattooine Job Office,

I have a corpse that I want to set a journal entry after examining. Normally this would not be a problem. I have done it with another corpse somewhere else in the mod. I have checked that the script names are the same as in the onClosed event. The script is the same as the one previously used

void main()
{
SetGlobalBoolean("STOLE_CORPSE_FOUND", TRUE);

AddJournalQuestEntry("m_weapon",20);
}

I haven't got a clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
 harIII
12-09-2010, 1:40 PM
Your script is fine, the problem is getting it to fire properly. From what it sounds like you want to pretty much "talk" to the placeable or "open" it up like a footlocker, correct? If so you have to have the script fire at a certain script field in the placeable file.

It will probably be the OnInvDisturbed (if you're taking items out of it), OnOpen (if you're just opening the placeable like a footlocker), or the OnUsed field (if you want to just click the placeable).
 TimBob12
12-09-2010, 2:00 PM
i probably worded it badly but wwhat i was trying to say is that i have it in the on open event but its not firing. Which is strange cos i have exactly the same setup in another placeable which does work
 harIII
12-09-2010, 2:08 PM
this is going to sound stupid but make sure youre using the right placeable
 TimBob12
12-09-2010, 4:22 PM
but surely that would still add the journal entry anyway.
 harIII
12-09-2010, 4:28 PM
If it's the wrong placeable, it's the wrong placeable; the script isn't firing. Also just so you know let's say this is journal entry number 1 and you have entry number 2 active, it will not go back to 1. So if you have a later entry active and you're trying to have a previous one activate, then you will get the "allusion" that the script isn't firing. Try adding some codes to it to add exp or an item to ensure that it is firing or not.
 TimBob12
12-09-2010, 4:42 PM
Just tried adding code to give me credits but not even that is working.

I could just delete this part of the mod as it is not essential to any plot but it is a nice side point to enforce the story.

EDIT:

http://www.filefront.com/17626999/krayt_skel.utp)

thats a link to the concerning utp file
 harIII
12-09-2010, 6:16 PM
Make sure that you are using the correct placeable. I know this sounds stupid but do something like change the name of it to ensure that you'll see a difference in the placeable to visually see that it's the right placeable.
 TimBob12
12-10-2010, 2:24 AM
I have changed the name and it doesn't appear so I am geussing its the right placeable and also it displays all of my inventory itmes and I didn't script them in. This is begining to bug me.
 harIII
12-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Ok, so we know it's the right placeable. Now you need to make sure that you don't have a journal entry for that quest already active by the time you open this placeable.
 TimBob12
12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Nope, not that. I tried putting it in a separate journal entry node and its still not firing. Anyway, I still have the credit part of the script there which isn't firing either.
 harIII
12-10-2010, 1:15 PM
So this is pretty definite that the problem lays within the script. First of all I would make sure that the tag for journal quest is the same as the one in the journal file and if it is try rebuilding the script again from a different script. If this still remains a problem start a new game and try it out again and see if there is a difference.
 TimBob12
12-10-2010, 4:58 PM
I have tried everything. I have decided just to remove this section from my mod as it is not essential. Thanks for all the help.
 harIII
12-10-2010, 5:42 PM
No worries, just wished something would have worked.
Page: 1 of 1