Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP! My KOTOR Games don't work!

Page: 1 of 1
 LDR
11-29-2010, 7:58 PM
Hello everybody. I've hit a snag in my modding. I'll start from the beginning:

Yesterday I got angry that TSL, STILL hasn't worked no matter what I tried. I talked with HarIII and after a while, he sent me a link with this network adapter that he said would fix it. When I downloaded it, I couldn't play EITHER game. I got mad. I removed the adapter, and I was unable to go on my games, OR go on the internet. I had nobody to turn to for help, and my dad would just waste $$ for a new adapter. So I went to Windows Help, and I went to Windows Update, and updated my adapter. (The adapter I had originally was a Radeon 800.) I was able to play TSL, and I was so happy. But that happiness was destroyed when my game crashed when I tried to go to the Graphics menu. So I am forced to play TSL at the LOWEST Graphics settings. I stopped after an hour, and I went to play KOTOR. However, when I started, the game crashed. I'm no accuser, but I think HarIII is responsible for my games unable to work. I shouldn't have messed around with this stuff. Now, I need help with these two problems:

1.) When I go into the 'Graphics' menu in TSL, and when I hit 'Advanced Settings', my game crashes.
2.) When I hit 'Game' in the KOTOR menu, the screen turns black and it says 'Kotor has stopped working.'.

Help! I can't mod until these problems are resolved!
 TimBob12
11-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Have you tried fresh installing the games?

Also Windows is pretty good in the fact that it created regular restore points. TO use them back up any important work you have done and use the restore point.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+restore+points)

It will basically reset your system to what it was like a couple of days ago. A pretty useful feature. One of the only decent things Microsoft ever put into it's OSs.

Hope this was helpful.
 LDR
12-01-2010, 5:15 PM
Well, KOTOR work now due to TimBob's idea, but now TSL doesn't work. Back to the drawing board. *tsk* *tsk* *tsk* My drivers are up to date, so why isn't TSL working?
 JedI_XtRmIsT
12-01-2010, 5:58 PM
did you try to lower the graphics in the configure menu on the launcher? i had to do that with KotOR to get all the graphics to display properly, that and i have to run Vista in compatability mode for K1 to actually work. i'm also haveing problems similar to yours with TSL i tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail but then again i'm running with required settings on cpu and video card stuff too so i really cant help ya much on that one
 MishraArtificer
12-03-2010, 2:14 AM
I would need to see it, but if you're trying to run the game on Windows Vista, then that's what's probably got it angry at you. I'm not sure what a network adapter has to do with the KOTOR games, as they're both single-player only, but as you mentioned it was an ATI Radeon 800, I'm going with the idea that you meant VIDEO adapter. That said, I've trawled the Internet over the last couple of years on this subject, and I've found out that the KOTOR games (and the engines that they're descended from) don't care for ATI video cards that much. I managed to get it to run on an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 (supposedly impossible), but it still didn't look all that great.
 storm-rider
12-03-2010, 3:55 AM
I had the same issue, mine was corrected by setting an affinity with a single processor, I take it that your computer uses more than one precessor, so start up the tsl launcher and then open up task manager, right click on the launcher application and select "go to process" then right click on the process and select "set affinity", then deselect all but one box, doesnt matter which box it is aslong as you only have one selected.
Try that
Make sure you have the latest patches installed.
Page: 1 of 1