Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jawas HAVE to be in the xpac

Page: 1 of 2
 Imperial Jawa
08-05-2001, 6:51 AM
I know this would not work very well and they couldnt compete too well against other civs but tehy HAVE to be in for their sheer coolness factor. Imagine being bum rushed by midgets heh that would be great.:atat:
 Imperial Jawa
08-05-2001, 7:08 AM

topicus
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 7:45 AM
Hey Jawa, welcome to the boards..

it's a very nice idea and i can see how it's exciting to you. the thought of huge sandcrawlers coming at you is very nice.. Maybe Jawa's could form a combined civ with the Tusken Raiders.. That way you'd have a Tatooine-natives civ and they would have some serious fighting units..

If not a fighting civ, Jawa's could be used as a typical trading-factor in the game. Roaming sandcrawlers could be clicked on to sell / buy resources..

great idea ! keep 'em coming !
 Darth_Rommel
08-05-2001, 1:06 PM
Yeah welcome Imp Jawa! I like the Tatoonie natives idea Paragon, that seems like it would work well ;)
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 1:10 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking to. Tatoine natives. Plus there would be tusken Raiders out there too, to ambush you.
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 1:22 PM
Hi Jawa.

Welll...i don't think that a Tatooine civ would work, but they certainly would be cool if they were nonplayble. Kinda like the wild animals in AOK, except you can't hunt them. :D
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Hi Jawa.

Welll...i don't think that a Tatooine civ would work, but they certainly would be cool if they were nonplayble. Kinda like the wild animals in AOK, except you can't hunt them. :D
I like what you said Tie, except the end. Why can't you hunt them?:D
I got an idea! Maybe the Jawas can steal your droids? Or ionize your ships?
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 7:08 PM
That would be good. But I would definatly hunt those little suckers down if they started doing that to me.
:atat: :atat: attack the sandcrawler!!!
 Compa_Mighty
08-05-2001, 7:12 PM
Tusken + Jawas together... sounds good but I don't think so. No air units. Desert races with boats? Sounds strange. And I don't think Sandpeople are friendly to Jawas either.
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 7:15 PM
Who says they have to be a civ? I think they are idegenous life.
 Compa_Mighty
08-05-2001, 7:18 PM
Now, THAT would be cool.
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 7:20 PM
Well don't give me credit on that idea. TIE Guy posted it:
-----TIE Guy----
Welll...i don't think that a Tatooine civ would work, but they certainly would be cool if they were nonplayble. Kinda like the wild animals in AOK, except you can't hunt them.

I think it is an awesome idea just the same:D
 Imperial Jawa
08-05-2001, 8:26 PM
Great idea Paragon!

The jawas did salvage pretty much everything they could find, and im sure if they wanted to they could be capable of building an aireal combat unit.

Or, they could make the civ not have air units at all, but make themgood in other areas. This probably wouldnt work, but they could just give them a very weak airforce. Think the Aztecs navy in AoK ;)
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 8:32 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

I like what you said Tie, except the end. Why can't you hunt them?:D
I got an idea! Maybe the Jawas can steal your droids? Or ionize your ships?

Of course i dind't mean you couldn't kill. No no, that would be absurd. I mean that you couldn't hunt them and use their carcass to gatheras food.

About the Jawas and tuskans, it really wouldn't work. Trust me. They might be able to dream up some air units, but they could never think up up boats for them, and every civ has to have boats. Also, they could have weak air units, but then they'd have to have very strong troops or mechs, which they don't really have alot of either. Sorry, nice idea though.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 8:39 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Of course i dind't mean you couldn't kill. No no, that would be absurd. I mean that you couldn't hunt them and use their carcass to gatheras food.

About the Jawas and tuskans, it really wouldn't work. Trust me. They might be able to dream up some air units, but they could never think up up boats for them, and every civ has to have boats. Also, they could have weak air units, but then they'd have to have very strong troops or mechs, which they don't really have alot of either. Sorry, nice idea though.
Why can't they be used as food? Ben Kenobi had a jawa steak or two. You see him cooking them right before Luke runs off to check on his Aunt and Uncle....and they were cooked too....hmmmmm...
 Compa_Mighty
08-05-2001, 8:59 PM
He wasn't cooking them, he didn't want them to be eaten by scavengers.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 9:02 PM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
He wasn't cooking them, he didn't want them to be eaten by scavengers.
It was a joke, sheesh!
 Compa_Mighty
08-05-2001, 9:11 PM
Sorry Kvan , it seems I don't quite get when you're joking and when you're not.

I'll try to.
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 9:12 PM
Actually, he was burning their bodies as a sort of funeral thing. Or at least, that's the impression i got.
 Compa_Mighty
08-05-2001, 9:17 PM
Yes it was a funeral.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 9:19 PM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
Sorry Kvan , it seems I don't quite get when you're joking and when you're not.

I'll try to.
Just remember, if I say something that isn't correct, that means I'm joking. ;)
Anyway to stay on topic before Leon comes and takes this topic away to never-never land, Imp Jawa I don't think the Jawa's have enough variety. You have tall jawas in brown coats and small Jawas in brown coats. Plus they are really only limited to Tatooine.
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 11:35 PM
Why must ALWAYS joke?:D
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Why must ALWAYS joke?:D
Eh?
 darthfergie
08-05-2001, 11:43 PM
Just remember, if I say something that isn't correct, that means I'm joking:D :D
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 11:46 PM
Oh, haha, I get it now hah...... hey wait! :mad:
 Dorsk8199
08-06-2001, 3:22 PM
I agree that jawas as a roaming nonplayable deal would be cool. You don't even need to trade with them. Just having them there for setting the mood of Tatooine would be cool.

To clarify Obiwan was burning the jawas just like they did with his old master Qui Gon. This is because, as we will find out in Episode III, the jawas know the true nature of the force and train all jedi masters. Jawas are alergic to midichlorians though so they can't become jedi. In fact Boba Fett is the tallest jawa ever. I hope you know I'm just joking.
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:24 PM
hmm... Whatever you say ;)
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:25 PM
No No your not Joking. it has come down through Jawa ledgend that this was true and I am glad you brought it up. Now does anyone know the ledgend:D
 Tie Guy
08-06-2001, 3:28 PM
You were joking?!? Man, you got my hopes all up and everything. ;)

BTW, i don't know the legend, why don't you enlighten us?
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:28 PM
I'll start...

Once upon a time, there was a young jawa. His name was Utajik, and he lived alone. All the other Jawa's were afraid of him, because he could 'do impossible things'....

Someone else tell the rest. ;)
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:31 PM
Boy are we lucky Leon isn't on right now:D :D :D
oh, but i am !
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:37 PM
...Two jedi had been sent to Tatoonie to find this mysterious creature. "Ting Tang, do you see him?," asked a young Oink tan "The jawa medicine man told us that he would be here"

"Not to worry Oink Tan, he will come to us"...

;) Okay some else go
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
I'll start...

Once upon a time, there was a young jawa. His name was Utajik, and he lived alone. All the other Jawa's were afraid of him, because he could 'do impossible things'....

Someone else tell the rest. ;)
Rommel why don't you continue....it's interesting...
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Rommel why don't you continue....it's interesting...

I've already told two segments! Doesn't anyone else know the legend? :(
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:42 PM
Never heard of it before:D
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

I've already told two segments! Doesn't anyone else know the legend? :(
Nope, only you :D
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:46 PM
NOO its been moved!!! Why would they go and do a thing like that:D
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 3:46 PM
Somehow you knew it would happen, didn't you ? :D
The Jawa-discussion was good... the rest continues off-topic i guess.
no offense, fellows. just doing my job.. ;)
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:47 PM
Oh come on! :swear: Somebody else tell it!
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:48 PM
Man you snuck up on us its not fair!! The Jawas will protest for you interupting their legend!!!
:jawa :mad: :jawa :mad: :jawa :mad:
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Boy are we lucky Leon isn't on right now:D :D :D
oh, but i am !

That was freaky, the words "oh, but i am" just popped up! :sweat: I see moderators!
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:52 PM
Somebody else must know the legend!
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 3:53 PM
Where did those words come from. Abusing your powers again I see Leon!!:D
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 3:55 PM
Here's a recap of our legend:

I'll start...

....Once upon a time, there was a young jawa. His name was Utajik, and he lived alone. All the other Jawa's were afraid of him, because he could 'do impossible things'....

...Two jedi had been sent to Tatoonie to find this mysterious creature. "Ting Tang, do you see him?," asked a young Oink tan "The jawa medicine man told us that he would be here"

"Not to worry Oink Tan, he will come to us"...
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 3:55 PM
Leon is being mean to us again! :D
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 4:01 PM
I'm not...i'm doing my job. if you think my job is being mean, then yes, i'm being mean. But seriously; people want to read through these threads, people. They'll just be put off if they have to load three pages and find that absolutely NOTHING is being said ultimately.

It's off-topic, but still can be relevant. So go ahead and continue the legend-thread if you will..
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
I'm not...i'm doing my job. if you think my job is being mean, then yes, i'm being mean. But seriously; people want to read through these threads, people. They'll just be put off if they have to load three pages and find that absolutely NOTHING is being said ultimately.

It's off-topic, but still can be relevant. So go ahead and continue the legend-thread if you will..
Hey Rommel if I remember correctly wasn't there a Jawa in the legend named Leon or maybe it was an Ewok? ;)
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 4:13 PM
Oh yeah, and he was mean, he just happens too be the one that banned poor Utajik from the Jawa tribe (j/k)
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 4:16 PM
Luckily he acted for the good of the Jawa-community, so they wouldn't get lost in endless banter and incoherent speech..
:D
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 4:18 PM
Well when I continue the sotry tomorrow you'll learn of his fate... :evil1:
Page: 1 of 2