Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Saber Model Help

Page: 1 of 1
 ArmyAJ
11-12-2010, 4:04 PM
I created my own saber hilt model, I imported it to the game. Everything works perfectly except the fact that the blade is too high and is above the hilt by alittle bit. I tried adjust the model by raising the hilt and lowering the blade planes and it changed nothing. So I need to know how to fix this, like I said everything else with the saber is perfect so don't know what I did wrong that makes the blade a few cm off the tip of the hilt, looks silly :p

Also... One more question too, how can make the blade alittle thinner too? Mine is kind of thick, not ridiculiously thick like the blade is thicker than the hilt, but I would like to thin it out slightly. So ifyou can help me with that too I would greatly appreciate it.
 TimBob12
11-13-2010, 2:21 AM
Probably a silly question but after you edited did you do all the exporting again. I have no idea how to make the blade thinner. When I made a hilt Dax Drexl did the rigging for me.
 DarthParametric
11-13-2010, 2:22 AM
Read this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143806) for info on blade/hilt positioning.

For a narrower blade, you'll have to make a custom blade texture that is smaller in diameter.
Page: 1 of 1