Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

spells.2da, compatibility and TSL Patcher

Page: 1 of 1
 Phildevil
11-01-2010, 8:11 PM
Hi there, well that would be one of my attempts into modding. You know how wering an armor would supposedly prevent you from using the Force? Some people like me thinks it is completely inacurate (hey, if you can move an ISD with-it, how is an armor going to prevent you from anything....). Some others think that for balance purpose, it should remain that way. Wathever.

Anyway, some time ago, I had a mod that would let me use my force powers without armor, but it would clash with Shem's Ultimate Sound mod, so I did not like-it. Anyway, I never was able to find back what the modification was to a .2da I don't remember. However, I opened spells.2da with Kotor Tool and found out a way to modify each force powers to make them usable with an armor. That would be the "forbiditemmask" thingy. Whenever it was set to 0x0000, the power would be usable with an armor.

However the process of changing each one of them is rather long. So a temporary solution for me was to keep an updated copy of the spells.2da that makes powers work with armors. Small problem: compatibility. Whenever I want to play with HLP 2.0 or TSL FFM, I gotta go through all the process. Now I'd like to proceed with a more advanced method, that is to use the TSL Patcher to append each of the vanilla force powers (that requires-it) the value "0x0000" to all of the vanilla FP at the row "forbiditemmask". Could somebody tell me how to use the Patcher in such a way?
 Viado Onasi
11-01-2010, 8:34 PM
Have you tried the .2da merger? That might help.
 Phildevil
11-01-2010, 9:19 PM
I don't know that tool.
 Viado Onasi
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
http://starwarsknights.com/mtools/Convert2da.rar)

I think it is there. I used it alot for when I have mutlipule mods that use the same .2da files. It's a great tool by Stoffe.
 Dak Drexl
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Read the .2da section of the readme that comes with TSLPatcher -- look for something that says "compare .2da files" or something of that nature. It sounds complicated in the readme, but it's very well written and you should get it on the first try if you follow it closely.
 Phildevil
11-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah, well it is a bit technical. How can I get the patcher to modify solely the .2da file? I read something about a .ini, but I am not quite sure where this is getting me...

Also, will I be able to modify an existing spells.2da? The readme seems to think not but I think I've previously installed more than one mod that modified appearance.2da without screwing-up... so what...?
 Phildevil
11-18-2010, 8:59 PM
Okay, version 1.0 has gone out. Next version is 1.1: You'll be able to install-it after you've installed HLFP 2.0 AND 2.1

I'm not going to do so until Ive got a clean install with these 2 particular mods though. It was just to let you know what I plan.

So here's the plan:
V1.1 Install only if and when you've installed High Level force powers and its patch (so you'll be able to use these force powers too with armors).

V1.2 (Later too) Install only with Full Force Mod (I'll see if there needs to be one, though...)

By the way I don't know if I need to obtain permission to release such mod... If so, I'll ask around.
 Phildevil
11-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Okay, I feel a bit alone out here (in this thread...), but I've yet another question. I do plan to make 1.1 (see post above) but don't feel like taking a lot of time to compare 2da files. The fact is that I need to be sure which 2da I should work on. Right now, I have HLFP 2.0, 2.1 and the good ol' Improved AI mod. As my mod and Improved AI modifies spells.2da, am I obligated to make a mod for HLFP 2.0-2.1 AND another for those 2 mods plus Improved AI, if I am to make those compatible? Or would one based upon HLFP's spells.2da work for both?
Page: 1 of 1