Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

System Specs?

Page: 1 of 1
 MajinMikeyX
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know the system specs required to play this game? I used to not like the TOR idea but now I think I wanna get it with some friends and play with them, and I just want to be prepared computer-wise. Thanks
 adamqd
10-26-2010, 7:00 AM
Judging by the graphics I'd say any PC bought after 1992, but there is supposedly 20GB of Voice over work in the download so your main objective should be bandwidth and hard-drive space :)
 Jeff
10-26-2010, 1:47 PM
It's hard to say what the requirements will be, but I would imagine if your computer can run WoW, it can run TOR. What are your current specs?
 MajinMikeyX
10-27-2010, 12:08 AM
It's hard to say what the requirements will be, but I would imagine if your computer can run WoW, it can run TOR. What are your current specs?

Well, I got this information from "Can You Run It?" so here it is:

CPU
You Have: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500

CPU Speed
You Have: 2.19 GHz

RAM
You Have: 2.7 GB

OS
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 32-bit

Video Card
You Have: ATI display adapter (0x9713)

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM 1.4 GB
Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0

Free Disk Space
You Have: 234.5 GB

I tested if I could play TFU1 and TFU2 and those both failed...but my friend asked me if my computer could play Team Fortress 2, and my computer passed 100% and even passed the 'Recommended' specs and not just the 'Minimum'. And I've seen screens of Team Fortress 2 and the graphics are similar to TOR in a way, kidna cartoon'y but with smooth textures. I just hope you guys can determine whether or not I can play this game smoothly with at least the medium graphics turned on.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-27-2010, 5:26 PM
You don't have the ultimate machine of last year, or two years and, heck, I'd say your PC was old three years ago. Nevertheless, especially by looking at your HD space, it should run TOR without many issues.
 MajinMikeyX
10-27-2010, 8:35 PM
You don't have the ultimate machine of last year, or two years and, heck, I'd say your PC was old three years ago. Nevertheless, especially by looking at your HD space, it should run TOR without many issues.

I got it last Christmas...lol. Well, it's not like I got some super powerful gaming computer(Laptop) so whatever. It gets most jobs done, and hopefully it can run TOR. Thanks for the info.
 Jeff
10-28-2010, 1:00 AM
I agree that you should be fine to run TOR with what we currently know.
Page: 1 of 1