Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing Cutscenes

Page: 1 of 1
 Taunger
10-01-2010, 8:52 AM
Hi, I'm new to these forums (and pretty new to modding).

I have a couple of questions. I tried to find answers through Google, but couldn't find them, though this might have been discussed before:

Is there any way to remove the 'fade ins' and 'fade outs' from the rendered cutscenes in K1? And/or can the rendered cutscenes be modified in any other way (like camera positioning)? I did find a thread that described how to do it in TSL, so that left me wondering whether it was possible at all in K1.
Lastly, is it possible to edit the camera positioning during normal conversations?

Thanks! :)
 TimBob12
10-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I think it is possible to change camera angles in normal conversation. But I don't think you can do anything with the rendered ones because they are... well pre rendered. :)
 Taunger
10-03-2010, 3:03 PM
I think it is possible to change camera angles in normal conversation. But I don't think you can do anything with the rendered ones because they are... well pre rendered. :)

Thanks for replying!

I know I can't change the pre-rendered cutscenes, though I was referring to the, uh... 'post-rendered'(?) cutscenes. The ones that are rendered live by your graphics card, like the cutscene in which Malak says "Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy!"

Also, do you know how to make the changes?
I found out (thanks to a thread on these forums) how to change the camera settings in gameplay itself through Kotor Tool and 'camerastyle.2da', but not anything else. I've only been using mods and Kotor Tool for a couple of weeks, so I'm only vaguely familiar with it. Though, I realise it would be tiresome to post a complete tutorial here, so, whether you're a modding-veteran or not, ANY help is greatly appreciated!
 Taunger
10-04-2010, 5:46 PM
Well, I found that the fade ins and outs are handled by the 'SetGlobalFadeIn' and 'SetGlobalFadeOut' command in certain scripts.

So my question now is: does anyone know how or where I could find these commands for the individual (live rendered) cutscenes? :D
 Alvar007
07-10-2014, 3:13 PM
Hello! I don't know if you are still active here, as this thread is 4 years old, but I was wondering if you now know how to make your own cutscenes, with scripts and cameras, dialogues and stuff. I want to make them like in Brotherhoods of Shadow mod, my custom ones. Hope you can reply :)
Page: 1 of 1