Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding the music of Kotor on the Xbox?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sisiana
09-23-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure it's next to impossible to mod the KOTOR games in regards to graphics on the Xbox but what about the music/sounds? Is this possible?
 harIII
09-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Certainly, you just have to find the sound or music file that you want to change and have the file you want to change it to. Unfortunately you have to do some leg work just to hear the sound but I heard you can hear it in audacity somehow.

Just note that if you change the music you have to get permission from the author to do so, that's why you don't see any if not only a few music mods for the KOTOR games.
 Drunkside
09-25-2010, 1:43 PM
But of course if you are making this mod for just personal use then it shouldnt matter.
 Sisiana
09-25-2010, 9:28 PM
Yes, this is just for personal use. I'm familiar with modding the PC version of Kotor, however, I'm not familiar on the specifics of modding the Xbox version. If someone could be so kind as to give me a few hints on what to do for modding the sounds on the Xbox, it would be much appreciated.
 VarsityPuppet
09-26-2010, 2:36 AM
Yes, this is just for personal use. I'm familiar with modding the PC version of Kotor, however, I'm not familiar on the specifics of modding the Xbox version. If someone could be so kind as to give me a few hints on what to do for modding the sounds on the Xbox, it would be much appreciated.

You're going to need a couple of things:

1- A modded Xbox (soft or hard, it doesn't matter)
2- The game disc
3- Enough room on your harddrive to hold the game disc
4- A network between your PC and Xbox to FTP files between
5- For songs, everything has to be in wma format. Shouldn't be hard to find a converter.

As far as general modding for the xbox goes:

-All ut* files will work.
-Any .mod files will generally work
-Mdls and mdxs will NOT work
-.2da files will work
-a limited amount of .tgas will work.
-modified .rims and .erfs will work

Also, be sure to clear your xbox harddrive caches occasionally.
 Sisiana
09-26-2010, 5:48 PM
You're going to need a couple of things:

1- A modded Xbox (soft or hard, it doesn't matter)
2- The game disc
3- Enough room on your harddrive to hold the game disc
4- A network between your PC and Xbox to FTP files between
5- For songs, everything has to be in wma format. Shouldn't be hard to find a converter.

As far as general modding for the xbox goes:

-All ut* files will work.
-Any .mod files will generally work
-Mdls and mdxs will NOT work
-.2da files will work
-a limited amount of .tgas will work.
-modified .rims and .erfs will work

Also, be sure to clear your xbox harddrive caches occasionally.

Thanks for responding! I'll have to see if I can ever get around to doing it, however. ;)
Page: 1 of 1