Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Script change

Page: 1 of 1
 Salk
09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Hello!

I wonder if someone can help me. I would like to change a script so that one dialogue choice no longer leads to dark points. This because the Xbox version of the game originally followed this path (which I believe more fair and consistent).

I've got no knowledge but a little practice with Kotor Tool so I need to ask:

How do I change and where do I find the script of interest? To be more precise, I intend to change the outcome of the dialogue between the player, Uthar Wynn and Yuthura Ban in the tomb of Naga Sadow.

I'll be grateful for any kind of help you can give me.

Thanks a lot!
 harIII
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
For that you would have to know more about what the script does. Even though it looks like it adds dark side points it may very well add a journal entry or change a boolean or number statement.

What you need to do is go to RIMs -> Modules -> (module of interest, yours will be korr_m39aa) -> Dialog -> then the dialog file of interest. You'll have to search that dialog for the scripts that are fired and hopefully you'll find uncompiled versions in BIFs -> scripts -> Script, Source.

Then when you find the script of interest you'll have to modify it and the best way to do so is by looking at the totorials or using an uncompiled script from something such as BOS as a template. Hope this helps.
 Salk
09-18-2010, 1:36 AM
Hello, harlll!

Thanks for your help.

I did what you suggested and the script of interest in my case is: k_pkor_choice03. The problem is that its source is not present in the BIFs -> scripts -> Script, Source.

The compiled version can be found in RIMs -> Modules -> korr_m39aa -> Scripts, Compiled

Does this mean that there is nothing to do?

Thanks!
 Stream
09-23-2010, 4:48 PM
Hello, harlll!

Thanks for your help.

I did what you suggested and the script of interest in my case is: k_pkor_choice03. The problem is that its source is not present in the BIFs -> scripts -> Script, Source.

The compiled version can be found in RIMs -> Modules -> korr_m39aa -> Scripts, Compiled

Thanks!

This is the contents of said script.

void main() {
SetGlobalNumber("KOR_FINAL_TEST", 4);
}
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-25-2010, 6:06 PM
Hello, harlll!

Thanks for your help.

Thanks!

void main() {
}
Which means you might have isolated the wrong script. The Kotor engine has two very simple scripts for adding LS/DS points, and they are named much what you think they might be. If you examine the dialog tree in question, you will find an addlightsidepoints (or something close to that) attached to one convo choice and the opposite attached to the other. there may be a third option in the dialog that assigns no value either way. You will simply need to cut the script that assigns the points you dont want. Done.
 Salk
10-01-2010, 9:44 AM

void main() {
}

Thanks but where do I find it?

Shouldn't I be editing the original script in order to change things?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks but where do I find it?

Shouldn't I be editing the original script in order to change things?
Guess you ignored my post? Changing this script is not going to change anything regarding LS/DS points. Setting a global boolean to the numeral 4 lets the game know what has happened so it can allow what should happen next. It does not in any way change LS/DS scale.

Isolate the correct dialog and then you will find the addlightside/adddarkside scripts attached to opposite node options.
 Salk
10-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Guess you ignored my post? Changing this script is not going to change anything regarding LS/DS points. Setting a global boolean to the numeral 4 lets the game know what has happened so it can allow what should happen next. It does not in any way change LS/DS scale.

Isolate the correct dialog and then you will find the addlightside/adddarkside scripts attached to opposite node options.

Hello!

No, I did read your post but I misunderstood. Sorry about that. Can I do what you are suggesting using the DLG Editor? I can do only trivial stuff and if I can accomplish what I have in mind by simply deleting a reference then I'd be just happy.

Thanks!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-10-2010, 6:44 PM
KotOR
*- for ds points:

k_act_darksml
k_act_darkmed
k_act_darkhigh

*- for ls points:
k_act_lightghigh
k_act_lightmed
k_act_lightsml

TSL
*- for ds points:
a_darkhigh
a_darkmed
a_darksml

*- for ls points:
a_lighthigh
a_lightmed
a_lightsmlLook for these scripts attached to nodes in the dialog in question, I recommend you use the excellent DLGEdit by tk102 that you can find here (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de). I think you may find it a little easier to find things using that... KotOR Tool will still do the job, of course!

If I had the game installed right now, I would be more helpful, but I hope this helps!
 Stream
10-18-2010, 5:51 PM
There are a few dialog choices which lead to dark side points and I believe the one you're looking for is somewhere here.

Uthar > Sadly, Yuthura, it is you who are mistaken. Your pupil is more ambitious than you realize... isn't that so, young one?

PC > I'm with you, Master Uthar.
Yuthura > You fool! You have no idea what you've done!
Uthar > The final test continues as it should. Proceed and be rewarded, young one.
Yuthura > The only 'reward'... you... no! My strength... is leaving me!!
Yuthura > You... betrayed me?! I thought... we were friends! Damn you!! (k_act_darkhigh)
Yuthura > The only 'reward' you will get is death!! (k_act_darkmed)

PC > You're both mistaken. I choose me.
Uthar > You are indeed a fool if you think to oppose us both, young one.
Yuthura > To think I actually believed for a moment that you and I were friends. So be it.
Yuthura > Hmph. To think that I actually hoped you could be of use to me. (k_act_darkmed)

Once you determine the one you want just change the script to run for this node from k_act_dark# to k_act_light#.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-20-2010, 6:01 PM
^^^ Yep... especially the last part, methinks! Kind of you, Stream!

I am glad you reminded me of this... it annoyed me that I got DS points for the "both mistaken" choice. A simple mod to make, and worth the doing :)

That said, how ya doin Salk? Any luck?
 Stream
10-21-2010, 4:37 PM
You're welcome.

It was rather fun looking through files again, I haven't done any of that since last year.
 Salk
11-01-2010, 9:32 AM
Hello Qui-Gon Glenn and Stream!

I've been abroad for two weeks and haven't returned to this untill today!

Thank you very much for your help! I'll definitely keep you informed with how my attempt goes.

Thanks again!
 Stream
11-02-2010, 5:11 PM
No problem, hope you get it working how you want.
Page: 1 of 1