Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Remixing The Soundtrack

Page: 1 of 1
 Take_One_LoD
09-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi, Im new on these forums and this will be my first post. I first watched alongside my brother while he played Grim Fandango a while back when it first came out when I was in some grade in Elementary. Ive since gotten into making instrumentals and hope to do so as a profession if luck shines on me in the coming years. I remembered the awesome soundtrack that Grim Fandango had, so I recently decided to check it out and it really is a goldmine for sampling. I re aquainted myself by watching gameplay of the game, and it is still as powerful a game as it was then by reliving the game experience. I love the game and decided I would remix most of the songs on the soundtrack by sampling them and flipping them into beats. Ill periodically add more until I am content with the ones I have done. Ill start off with three Ive so far added to soundcloud.

Enlightened Florist:
http://soundcloud.com/takeone-1/enlightened-florist)

Coaxing Meche:
http://soundcloud.com/takeone-1/coaxing-meche)

Ninth Heaven:
http://soundcloud.com/takeone-1/ninth-heaven)

If this generates enough positive buzz, Ill be willing to make these tracks available for download =]

Longcat
09-15-2010, 3:40 PM
Nice job:) I especially like Caxing Meche, nice pianobeat. Keep it up, it will be interesting to see(hear) what you can do with the rest of the tracks!
 Take_One_LoD
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Nice job:) I especially like Caxing Meche, nice pianobeat. Keep it up, it will be interesting to see(hear) what you can do with the rest of the tracks!

Appreciate you checking it out and thanks! If only you could hear how much fun Ive had with the more jazzy samples, but im thinking of saving best for last.
 Frenkieee
09-16-2010, 12:27 PM
First of all, great idea and great effort you've already put into it!

I like Enlightened Florist the most. Coaxing Meche is pretty good as well. Ninth Heaven is strong too, though I personally would omit the pieces between 1:05 and 1:08 and between 2:15 and 2:18, imo it disturbs the flow.

All in all, very good job! Would really like to hear the rest.
 Take_One_LoD
09-16-2010, 3:02 PM
First of all, great idea and great effort you've already put into it!

I like Enlightened Florist the most. Coaxing Meche is pretty good as well. Ninth Heaven is strong too, though I personally would omit the pieces between 1:05 and 1:08 and between 2:15 and 2:18, imo it disturbs the flow.

All in all, very good job! Would really like to hear the rest.

Thanks man. As far as those parts you described, I can see what you mean... I dont think its too bad, but i definitely hear what your getting at. Appreciate the advice on it too, ill try to make sure the other tracks are fullproof.
 Take_One_LoD
09-16-2010, 4:42 PM
 Take_One_LoD
09-22-2010, 8:57 PM
Yet another one down. I really enjoyed making this one...

Swanky Maximino:
http://soundcloud.com/takeone-1/swanky-maximino)
 cplhenshaw
09-23-2010, 5:14 AM
These are pretty cool, I've never really heard people making new songs out of old ones before like this (normally they just loop a sample in the background).
 Take_One_LoD
09-23-2010, 11:44 AM
These are pretty cool, I've never really heard people making new songs out of old ones before like this (normally they just loop a sample in the background).

Thanks... and yeah I didnt want to half ass them, I figure anyone can loop a sample. If you all like them enough, I can make them available for download =]
 AssortedAvocado
09-25-2010, 3:54 PM
Thanks... and yeah I didnt want to half ass them, I figure anyone can loop a sample. If you all like them enough, I can make them available for download =]

I'm a long-time lurker on these forums, and I just made an account to ask you to do just this. I really like your remixes =D
 Take_One_LoD
10-03-2010, 4:04 PM
I'm a long-time lurker on these forums, and I just made an account to ask you to do just this. I really like your remixes =D

Hah thats really cool. Sorry its been a while since any updates, but i have now made all of the tracks I have done from Grim Fandango downloadable for your listening pleasure!
 Take_One_LoD
10-10-2010, 8:45 PM
Hah thats really cool. Sorry its been a while since any updates, but i have now made all of the tracks I have done from Grim Fandango downloadable for your listening pleasure!

What he said
 Take_One_LoD
03-08-2011, 4:03 PM
Now available on the youtubes! Just set up my account on there

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZioniYerp)
 Sallim
04-26-2011, 11:37 AM
subbed! great work
 Saturday Sorgreeves
05-17-2011, 3:58 AM
Wow! Coaxing Meche is awesome... That's great work, really ! I usually don't like soundtrack remixes that much, but yours are cool!
 Take_One_LoD
08-21-2011, 8:44 PM
Thanks Sallim and Saturday Sorgreeves! Im happy to have gotten such feedback. I actually just recieved a message from some dude who freestyled over Enlightened Florist. Im sure you can get a laugh or two from it. I enjoyed it hah.

JD Fresh - Enlightened Florist Freestyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbFUMDjX24)
 Sallim
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM
I put your mixes on my mp3 player just recently. Gave me a special special feeling walking around hehe. I pretty much like them all, don't stop do the magic!

sallim
 Take_One_LoD
08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
I put your mixes on my mp3 player just recently. Gave me a special special feeling walking around hehe. I pretty much like them all, don't stop do the magic!

sallim

Thanks for doing so. Im very stoked that you enjoy them. I am a happy man now.
 Take_One_LoD
08-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Sallim. I actually used to live in Germany as well. I stayed on a military base in Heidelberg. Twas dope
Page: 1 of 1