Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help finding Trayus light texture

Page: 1 of 1
 Dak Drexl
08-11-2010, 5:38 PM
I'm reskinning the Trayus academy and I can't seem to find the file that has the red light that emits everywhere:
http://j.imagehost.org/0030/trayustest.jpg) (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0030/trayustest)

I don't think the red looks right and I'd like to test out different colors. I thought it might be "MAL_lt01" but changing that file doesn't do anything. Any help would be awesome.
 newbiemodder
08-11-2010, 6:38 PM
the red light/glow is probably in the room model itself..an auroralight with a tint of red to it to give the original circle red texture its glow.

Or it could be in the lightmap textures of those individual room .mdl files...open those in gimp or whatever you have and see if they have a red tint to them...you can then dim them or maybe change them to a neutral gray color maybe.

You would then have to rename those lm files and hex edit your room mdl to replace the old malachor lm with your new lm file.
 Dak Drexl
08-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks newbie, I'll give that a try. If it works and the time comes to hex edit, what am I looking to replace? Would I give my new lightmap a different name and replace the occurrences of the old one's name in the hex editor?
 newbiemodder
08-12-2010, 7:44 AM
yes. Let's say one lightmap name in question was 904mala_lm0.(Now I'm just picking a random name of a possible malachor lightmap here, not even sure it exists). You could go into gimp, change its color tone...the red color are the possible culprits...and save it as a new lightmap with your new module name...ex 123xyza_lm0. Then you hex edit. You would replace the old malachor lightmap with your new lightmap in your room mdl file. Then put the new lightmap you created into override along with the edited mdl.

If you change the lightmap coloring and don't rename it..it will override that particular lightmap for the real malachor module.
Page: 1 of 1