Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Are there any perfect skip peragus mods

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Lockdown
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Are there any really good skip peragus mods out there
 TriggerGod
08-02-2010, 12:49 PM
SuperSqual's skip peragus is my skip peragus mod of choice, but it isn't perfect, nor is any skip peragus mod, for it has many incompatibilities. Last time I used it, I was using the USM alongside it and kept crashing at the Atris scene right when she takes out your lightsaber. And its also obviously incompatible with Ulic's correction mod, and I'm not quite sure, but it might be incompatible with the TSLRCM.
 Darth Lockdown
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
If it crashes atrius what happens next
 Holty1-5
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
if you use Supersquals Skip Peragus mod with TSLRCM you wont get that sonic imprint thingy. so you cant access HK's factory.
 Darth Lockdown
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Does super squalls have a dark/lightside choice
 TriggerGod
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM
If it crashes atrius what happens next

It crashes the game, so you'd have to find a workaround. I remember there being a dialog that allowed you to skip the whole lightsaber scene. After that there shouldn't be many more, if any, problems. Its just difficult to get around that lightsaber scene since like out of the 40 responses and 7 dialog trees, theres only one specific path you can take to get around it.

Does super squalls have a dark/lightside choice
I believe so, yes.
 Darth Lockdown
08-02-2010, 1:04 PM
So should I save and keep trying different dialogs

It crashes the game, so you'd have to find a workaround. I remember there being a dialog that allowed you to skip the whole lightsaber scene. After that there shouldn't be many more, if any, problems. Its just difficult to get around that lightsaber scene since like out of the 40 responses and 7 dialog trees, theres only one specific path you can take to get around it.

So should I save previosly and keep trying different dialogs
 TriggerGod
08-02-2010, 1:15 PM

So should I save previosly and keep trying different dialogs

Yeah that would be a good idea, I suppose.
 Darth Lockdown
08-02-2010, 1:33 PM
Can I make sub folders in override folder
 Darth_Calo
08-02-2010, 1:41 PM
Yes, Knights of the Old Republic II allows you to make sub folders in your Override folder (but not sub folders within the sub folders). it allows for better organization, but doesn't prevent conflicts with 2da files as having duplicate 2da files will cause crashes

EDIT: it also doesnt prevent .dlg file conflicts and other things like that
 Darth Lockdown
08-02-2010, 1:45 PM
Yes, Knights of the Old Republic II allows you to make sub folders in your Override folder (but not sub folders within the sub folders). it allows for better organization, but doesn't prevent conflicts with 2da files as having duplicate 2da files will cause crashes

What do I name the sub folders

Is there any way to prevent .dlg and 2da problems
 TriggerGod
08-02-2010, 2:32 PM
It doesn't matter, you can name it whatever you like, but I personally name them the same as the mod, so that I know what mods are what.

Only by merging them, and that takes some knowledge in modding to do it.

And in the future, try not to double post, if you have something else to add and no one has posted since, just edit it in. The Edit button is in the corner of your post.
 Darth_Calo
08-02-2010, 5:57 PM

As TriggerGod said, the only way to prevent 2da and dlg issues is merging them (2da files you can merge using Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool, dlg files im not so sure

he's right, it doesn't matter. but for the sake of organization, it's best to name them the same as the mod. for example, if you download and install the Skip Peragus Mod mentioned earlier, you should name the sub folder "Skip Peragus"
 Darth Lockdown
08-12-2010, 5:01 PM
Ok so I just went into the polar academy and it skips everything, you know usually you see the short scene with kreia and atton, instead now I don't have to talk with atrius, and kreia and Atton are just standing there, when I click on kreia nothing happens, and when I click on atton instead of dialog it said cheat node : continue talk with krea, and cheat node : skip to atrius, or something like that, the problem is, is that now I can't free them from jail ( because they're standing right in front of me and when I try to leave with the ebon halk it says I need my companions. Help. Help. Help
 Canderis
08-12-2010, 7:14 PM
That's a bug that is common. Should be a fix somewhere.
 Darth Lockdown
08-12-2010, 7:19 PM
Do you know where, cause I don't.
 Working Class Hero
08-12-2010, 8:22 PM
if you use Supersquals Skip Peragus mod with TSLRCM you wont get that sonic imprint thingy. so you cant access HK's factory.
Actually, you get the dlg whether you have the sensor or not.
 Darth Lockdown
08-12-2010, 8:41 PM
Actually, you get the dlg whether you have the sensor or not.
I'm trying to get my game to work, no offense but I don't care about that right now.Can someone help me. Help.

Edit : never mind I found out it was triggured by the dlg when you say we mean no harm.
Page: 1 of 1